ESPN radio just reported that.......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by freshjuicyj, Mar 19, 2006.

1. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I'd say we need to give Blaylock a chance to learn the blocking schemes. And people have counted Curtis out before...

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

From what I saw of Blaylock when he was faced with a blitz, if he actually knew where the blitz was coming from it would only give him more time to get out of the area.

3. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

If you're right, then we don't need a guy like that. I didn't get much chance to see him play.

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I'm not what you would call a huge Curtis Martin fan but Martin could be on his last leg and he would have no problem sticking his face into an unblocked LB at full speed. That's not a just a learned trait that's about heart.

5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

that my friend is yet another chick that i will never have sex with.....kelly monaco,my wife watches general hospital and shes on it....the pics from maxim,she did a spread...also i might add,she won the first season of dancing with the stars!!! hahaah how gay am i

6. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

And #28 has alot of that. Even without Blaylock, I'm willing to give the Houston/Askew combo a shot. We have a bunch of backs on the roster. Our Oline is where we're hurting.

7. Rcky_Mtn_Falcon

Rcky_Mtn_Falcon New Member

As long as you were watching it to see her and Stacy Keibler, not very gay at all. Besides you've always got the excuse your wife wanted to watch it. :up:

8. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

And of course, let us not forget that John Abraham is almost certain to miss time in the first few years of a long term contract. He particularly enoys missing playoff games--although I doubt the Falcons will be playing many of those.

9. Coach K

Coach K New Member

hahaha i saw 1 or 2 resaonable falcons fans throughout this post but to the rest of them thats some funny shit

10. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

it makes no sense for the jets to make a deal this early. they can settle for a 2 on friday afternoon if they want. getting the 15th pick they would do today tho

11. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

That value chart is ridiculous. Teams decide how much the picks are worth to them. The value chart is a guide, not some strict thing. Trust me, the GMs don't negotiate saying "Give me 10 more value points and a Happy Meal!'

12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I wouldn't take that deal if I were the Jets.

13. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Ummm, that's the way the draft works. It's a chess match between GMs who are targetting different players. So you think Ruskell should just have let the Falcons have Tatupu, because they wanted him? Huh?

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You can't use the value chart when a player is involved. Particularly when the player is a pro bowl player

15. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Well. if you like her I don't thimk you are gay at all! :)

16. Tight

Tight Active Member

Touchdown !

17. Rcky_Mtn_Falcon

Rcky_Mtn_Falcon New Member

You missed my point.

Since Ruskell has been there they have targeted the exact same FA & draft picks.

If the Jets had a GM in the AFC that left there team to become GM of another, and then start targeting every player the Jets do, you would see just how frustrating it is.

Not that big a deal, we've had 2 excellent drafts in a row, and I expect we'll have another this year.

The question that was posed to me initially was regarding the antagonism building between McKay and Ruskell.

18. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

You could have told us that in the title then posted your opinion on the thread so I didnt have to waste my time reading what you think about a rumour you heard.

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You may be correct about the value chart.

On a similar note, last season I read something from a stathead at Football Outsiders who figured out the 43rd pick in the draft holds the greatest value. He based it on percentage of busts at slot 43 and factored in the contract a player picked in that spot would receive as opposed to a 1st round pick.

I do feel that 2nd round picks are just as important as 1st round picks.

20. phillyjet

phillyjet New Member

Hey Rocky Mtn Falcon,

Diehard Jets fan here. Thanks for your posts. This was one of the best threads in what has been a sickening run of posts that basically have said nothing. I wish more fans would cross over to boards where they can have intelligent discussions about what is going on. And thanks for the background on Ruskell and McKay.

I think your idea for the 1st and 3rd round pick in return for our second is intriguing. Only problem is when you look at the draft there are probably 35 or so players with bonafide 1st round grades. If the trade goes through as you suggest, it would leave the Jets with 2 picks in that range, and unless Denver was willing to trade both the 22 and 29 pick to the Jets to move up to 15, I don't see a scenario where the Jets recoup three picks in the top 35. At best they move down into the 20's and recoup a second round pick near where Atlanta's second round pick is. So basically, in the end, they move up a couple of spots into the low first round, receive a late 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick for Abe under your scenario (and assuming another trade is made).

That said, I think I still prefer the Seahawks trade. Right now, it is assumed that the Hawks have offered only their first, but some have speculated they may have also included a third round pick. Even without the third round pick, the Jets would have three picks in the top 35, guaranteeing them three players with first round grades, as opposed to two players. It also makes a possible trade-up scenario with the Saints for Leinart (if they covet him) much more doable for the Jets.

If I am swinging the trade with Atlanta, what I think makes the most sense would be Abe and a fourth round pick for the Atlanta's first round pick (ok, maybe you can move us to Abe and a 3rd). But, that's as far as I go.