Those Who Lost Their Tailgate Area

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 17a_tailgater, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

yup you are getting old and boring. I'm 32 and have come to appreciate tailgating more and more as I have gotten older..

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

wow 32? you old f@ck

3. FREEJET

FREEJET New Member

Whats going to happen now is that the grills and setups are going to be behind every car and trying to drive down the row is going to be like an obstacle course!

4. 17a_tailgater

not unless they use ushers to make people park exactly in the next available spot

5. ingenius

ingenius New Member

this really sucks and it's going to piss of a lot of people. tempers raised

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

as if that wasn't bad enough already:eek:hmy:

7. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I went to the police show last night. Its weird seeing a big chunk of lot just gone. If go in gate b there is no parking close to it so its empty. We where able to do a normal tailgate with using a spot for our setup. I doubt we will be able to do the same at a game. The place is going to be a mess

8. hoobash

I dont think that will be issue when your parked you dont go anywhere until after the game. I think people throwing the ball around is out of the question but they will do it anyway

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I don't think we'll know the full impact of having lost the space until that first Patriots game. Then it's going to get interesting. Anyone thinking they can leave the house at their regular time for that game is going to be in for a rude awakening.

10. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

i got tickets and parking pass from stubhub.com for the Pats game, how early would I have to get to the stadium in order to tailgate?

11. hoobash

I disagree about leaving early. I have a parking pass which mean I have 1 parking space. I dont see how this is going to make it harder to get into the lot.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Okay, Hoobash, this will work out pretty good as far as a guage for how critical (or not) the parking situation will be.

Leave at your regular time for the Patriots game and make sure you have your pass with you. I'll leave early and make sure I have mine as well. Then we can both compare notes Monday morning when we report back here.

13. hoobash

I am not going to the pats game. I goto 4 games a season and I like to spread them out. I never miss the dolphins game so I am not to do openning day this year.

14. Green Guy

Green Guy New Member

I am just plain LAUGHING MY ASS OFF over this thread!

When we had all of those WSS discussions, all of the old Tailgaters couldn't handle CHANGE. So, instead of a beautiful new indoor state of the art stadium with Restaurants and Pubs walking distance - you all have to worry about losing your TWO spots to tailgate.

Whoever posted, it's about the football - you are right on! I tailgated from time to time over the 20 odd years I had season tickets. Frankly, I'd rather pack my lunch and watch the warm ups - than to pollute the parking lot with glass and coal.

15. Section 227. Row 5

The funniest part is, no one's "losing" any tailgate area, especially "their" tailgate area, because it wasn't "theirs" to begin with, so how can they "lose" it?

You pull in, you find a place to tailgate and you do it. Just because somebody comes along and says, "I've been tailgating in this exact spot for 30 years" doesn't give them any claim whatsover to that particular piece of the public parking lot. It would be just as ludicrous as someone pulling into a 7-11 and saying, "You can't park here. I pull in here every day at 8:00AM and park... been doing it for years, so you have to move your car."

16. Gator

Gator Active Member

You're right, of course, but the other guy doesn't think that way. Hence, the problems. I got a friend that was fishing off a public pier and some dude keyed his car because my friend was in "his spot".

If they are completely changing things around, it stands to reason that there will be problems. Lets face it, you've seen the guys walking around the parking lots, 227. How many times over the years have you looked at someone in the lot or at the game and thought to yourself.....Seriously???? :)

17. 17a_tailgater

and that is why you are not cool!

18. Section 227. Row 5

I pull in knowing I'm not going to get the exact, precise location every time. Only a psychotic deviant imagines he "owns" the Meadowlands parking areas.

But I do tailgate in the same, general vicinity, which is near Gate C, yet close enough to the exit to get me out instantly onto Rte 3 and, a mile later, onto the TNPK heading south and as far TF away from that parking lot and the drunks that are exiting as my accelerator will allow me.

We do have a couple of buddies that I never miss... a group of black guys from Manhatten (I'm white) who are always very near Gate C and who we like to park with. They are so much fun to be with and talk to, that even if I pull in a little later (they try to hold a spot for us), I try to double back and get close to their spot. Even if I wind up several rows away, my wife and I always take the time to go over and say hello and talk Jets football for about half an hour. It makes my day, seriously.

To me, this is what tailgating is all about. You latch onto some guys who you see in your general area from time to time and you establish relationships with them over the years. Pretty soon, you're looking for them as you're pulling in. THAT's the part that's going to get temporarily screwed up with all this transition, but eventually it'll all settle out again.

Anybody who doesn't think that tailgating is and can be an integral part of the entire game experience is missing out on a huge part of the entire Jets game-day experience.

19. 17a_tailgater

what do you guys think about the sidewalk areas?
    areas that have been the same tailgate parties for decades?
    i would think thats different than a parking spot.

20. Section 227. Row 5

There, you might have a problem. It's a territorial thing, kind of like peeing on your favorite bush and marking it. It's not allowed, mind you, but that's what probably makes it the most contested of all areas:

"I was in this illegal spot first, therefore you have no right to violate my violation and trump my original illegal tailgating spot. I was in violation of the parking lot rules first, while you were still in diapers, in fact. So go find your own illegal spot, because we're here until they decide to do something about us tailgating here illegally. If anyone is going to receive a summons for being here all these years in clear violation of all the rules, it should be us!"