Will Falcons give in?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MeanGreen80, Mar 19, 2006.

1. MeanGreen80

MeanGreen80 New Member

Is there any chance the Falcons will give in and surrender their first rounder?

2. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

I think eventually they will have no choice if they want abe, we can turn to the seahawks and command abe to negotiate with them and he really doesn't have a choice if he wants out.

3. DGrab

DGrab New Member

I agree that the Jets need to hold the line, and I think they will, with as public as this thing is, to accept a package which is clearly less than the hawks' offer is untenable. And Atl has to know that, so I think they will up their offer. thats said I don't see it being their number 1. I also don't see them giving up next years 1. I think the Jets could reasonably accept this year's 2 and 3 and next year's 2.

4. dclark26

dclark26 New Member

Kudos (so far atleast) to Mike T and Mangini. Everyone thinks the Jets are weak negotiators after the Herman Edwards debacle. I hope they continue to play harball and whether it be this season or next, a 1st rounder is included in the deal.

5. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

Abe will be te first to give in. More than anything he wants the money so he is not going to pass up the 10-12 million up front. He doesn't care if Arthur Blank signd the check or Paul allen signs the check. If atlanta doesn't up the ante, he will sign with Seattle

6. L3JET

L3JET Active Member

I agree! EVERY franchise player wants the long-term deal. Not every franchise player gets it. They all posture through their agents. I also think Abe will be the first 1 to give in an sign with Seattle – Every player in the NFL wants a long-term deal. If not, they play as one of the highest paid players at their position for a year.

Abe can either play with the jets, or sign elsewhere, in which case we get a 1st round pick - Or he can hold out and not get paid. Or his agent can arrange a trade with Atlanta, but the jets are under no obligation to trade him for anything less than their #1.

Peace out.

7. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

The jets are prepared to sign him and make him play this season if a good deal isnt on the table thats hard ball

8. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I doubt it, no way he is in the green and white this year.

9. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I don't think ATL gives in...Even though they could be acquring an excellent speed rusher, they may think #15 has more value than Abraham, but a 3-time Pro-Bowler and proven NFL player is better than anyone at #15, despite his injury problems...

Sign me up for Seattle's #31...And I think when Thursday rolls around, the day before franchise players can't negotiate with teams anymore, Abe will give in to Seattle and play their while cashing in, since he obviously doesn't want to play under the tag again, and it looks like Atlanta won't budge.

10. getterdun

getterdun New Member

Randy Lange put it best: Atlanta doesn't understand the concept of "trade" with their weak offer. Obviously, there are people in this league that still think Bradway's running the show in NY. Tangini is doing a great job of holding out and getting what's due for Abraham. This deal, wherever it ends up, will be done by Friday. My gut says ATL will smarten up and give us the 15th pick.

11. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Exactly. Unless Atlanta starts sweetening the pot with PICKS and not players (latest deal includes Duckett?) they're gonna lose Abraham to seattle, no matter HOW much he wants to play there.

12. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

We are giving Abraham a chance to get his long term contract with Seattle, convince ATL to improve their offer or be stuck here.

Simple enough. We hold the leverage, IMO.

13. Angry Teste

Angry Teste Active Member

I agree. And we need to understand who is gonna get a proven player of his caliber at pick 15. He iS a sack machine, and is worth the price we are asking. I still think just one first rounder is not enough....

14. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

What he ^ said

THANK YOU, V51

15. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Post of the thread.

16. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I agree with you that Atlanta will cave--IMO it won't be their #1 but instead some combination of picks that won't include their #1 this year.

17. atlantafan1987

atlantafan1987 New Member

I agree with you that our front office has low balled your team but they need to work out something that DOESNT involve the 15th overall pick.

18. amliv15

amliv15 New Member

Isn't there some sort of rule that you cant put the franchise tag on a player with the sole purpose of trading them ?

19. Keeping It Real

Keeping It Real New Member

Folks- Abe doesn't have to sign anything! Please get this through your heads. We'd just better be prepared to have him back on the team next year.

20. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

If he does he better get his puker checked out because he will have to do an awfull lot of azz kissing to get back in the graces of Jet fans. His 2 choices will be to play his azz off (thus getting us a 1st rounder next year) or be a deisgruntle bad influence for to the team. In this case he won't get half of what he is presently being offerred. My belief is he will take Seattle's offer and his agents will construde that this was plan all along.