Jay Cutler or Vince Young (who will have the better career?)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by CP to LC =TD, Jul 21, 2007.

?

Who will have the better career?

1. Jay Cutler

60.0%
  2. Vince Young

40.0%
  1. CP to LC =TD

CP to LC =TD New Member

who is the better QB now?

Who do you foresee as the better QB in the future?

Any comments about their game/style of play as well

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Matt Leinart...between all three of them I just think he will have the best career. With Vince Young, we're gonna see him make some amazing plays and win alot of games, but he'll take WAY more hits than both Cutler and Leinart thus cutting his career a few years shorter than Leinart and Cutler. All three of them will be very good players in the NFL, but I just think Leinart knows how to play QB the best. The 2006 NFL Draft will be one of the best drafts ever, if not the best: Reggie Bush, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, AJ Hawk, Vernon Davis, Jay Cutler, Haloti Ngata, Nick Mangold...they're all probably gonna be every year pro-bowlers.

#2 Mr Electric, Jul 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  3. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

It was apparent that Vince Young had the better ROOKIE year, being Rookie of the Year and almost getting the Titans to the playoffs before the Patriots brought that to an end. Cutler on the hand, has the better complete team on offense, defense, and special teams. As of right now, the Broncos are building something special and Cutler has the keys to car and the Broncos are hoping he doesn't crash like he did against the 49ers in the last game of the season last year. Vince is obviously the better QB right now with the throwing and running ability over Cutler who forces throws.
    Cutler and Leinart have the upper hand on Vince as far as offense goes from their rookie years and up until now, but over there careers as long as they can play up to their potential, I have to give the edge to Cutler because under Shanahan he'll have a chance to win some rings which is all that really counts while the Titans are in rebuilding mode.

4. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

im not sold on either yet...
    but the broncos are giving cutler the weapons to succeed
    and the titans are not....which should be important

5. In Mangini We Trust

In Mangini We Trust New Member

cutler is a stud and will win some super bowls in denver if he stays there...he will always have the running game because mike shanahan knows how to run the ball and the defense is always a good D...and right now, young has NO weapons...Cutler, without a doubt

6. Catch4Cotch

Catch4Cotch New Member

kellen clemens

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Cutler for all the reasons already mentioned above.

8. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

If both players stay at their respective clubs , then probably Cutler. But I still think that Young will have the better career. In his rookie season hes shown some excellent flashes of what hes about and can only get stronger.
    Young is M Vick with a better arm and vision.
    Cutler is an Elway clone , and look how long it took Elway to win with a decent running game?

9. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

Culter an Elway clone? Yeah that's stretch and them some. Culter was nowhere near the same league as elway. And he's nowhere near as mobile as he way.

10. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

If Young had a decent team around him he would be an absolute stud. But unfortunately I can see him having to do EVERYTHING and wearing out his body rather quickly.

11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

vince young is the better overall player and qb. but what it comes down to cutler is part of a better organization and will be surrounded with better players.

if they switched teams id vote vince.

12. jetglass

jetglass New Member

The titans were winning all their games in the 2nd half of the season in spite of Vince Young. Their defense was the reason they started winning games. Look at Young's awful statistics from last season to prove my point, most glaringy his completion percentage and passer rating.

13. Coach K

Coach K New Member

both of those are good but can be overrated sometimes. its when you complete a pass and if it converts. or scores.

yeah the titans defense stepped up, but to deny Young was anything short of impressive is wrong in my opinion.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Wow you must have been watching different games than I was. I remember seeing VY take control and win that team a few games in the 4th quarter and one in OT.

Admittedly, the only complete Titans game I watched was the Jets one, but I always try to watch a good portion of the close games and the Titans were in a few of them.

Did you watch the games or are you just basing this on stats?

For the record I voted for Cutler, but I think both will be very good NFL QB's.

15. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Vince Young is a Winner , You cant teach or coach it - It is an intangible that will take him a too a MUCH better career than Cutler

17. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Not my thoughts , read that. Although I do see a bit of Elway in him with the quick release and power.
    Hes not in Elways league yet. I will concede that hes not as mobile though :)

18. jetsjetsjetsUK

jetsjetsjetsUK New Member

Every time I saw Young at the end of last season he seemed to win the game on his own. One game against the Giants I think he was awesome.

19. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

one of the dumbest arguments ever.

when the titans win because their defense plays a great game, they won because their QB is a winner?

"quarterback is a winner" or "quarterback just wins" is one of the fallacies many fans hold.

20. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Cutler, but only because of the situation he's in. If Young was on a team with Bronco-caliber talent, it'd be no question in his favor, but after a great run last season, the Titans have had a terrible offseason.