the Official Abraham thread!! - Post them here! - Merged

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NY Vilmaniac, Mar 18, 2006.

1. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Actually, it would be better than that.

It would be #4, #31 and #35.

2. guy0nthec0uch

guy0nthec0uch New Member

Schaub is a RFA next season. Not an UFA. So we have the right to match any offer given. Depending on how well Vick plays this season we may end up keeping him and adding a few years like Tennessee did with Volek. Dealing Schaub now is our best option because this season crop of QBs isn't exceptional. Cutler is overrated, Leinart is a winner but not strong armed and Young has huge upside but also huge downside. Schaub is less risky than all of them. I think that's why Atlanta is even willing to mention his name. Otherwise I doubt we would take anything for him. He's too valuable to us with an injury prone Vick. We just really need a good DE and you guys have one that's on the block.

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

My question is though...If the Jets just trade him to Seattle, is he in Seattle's hands? They have to deal with whatever and the Jets don't have to hear anymore...Or can Abraham say i'm not going there?

If he doesn't want to then the Jets should do what they have done...Play hardball...The Edwards wanting a extension, Woody saying FU and traded him...Players who got cut such as Mawae and Fabini who did not want to take a paycut, released them rather than give in...

They've done a nice job playing hardball...If Abe says no to Seattle, then hold onto him because Atlanta's 2nd rounder is not gonna cut it. Even if he does get pissed and vocal, so be it, it's Seattle or nothing.

4. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Actually, if Abraham sat out the year we would still retain his rights next year.

So he would lose $8.33mm and gain nothing.

Of course, this is purely hypothetical because Abraham has shown he cares about money over team and he would never sit out a year.

5. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Boulware is a Strong Safety actually and with the health concerns over Ken Hamlin, why not try and see if Milloy would go with them to play FS?
    If they pretty much agreed with the Jets to trade #31 then lets be real, they're gonna pay him.

6. guy0nthec0uch

guy0nthec0uch New Member

But can they afford to match our offer and add to it? Seattle hasn't visited with Arrington yet and he's really enamored with Miami. So alot depends on Hutch and Arringtons pay at this point. Abe prefers Atlanta so he won't agree to go there for the same pay we are offering. They will have to sweeten his deal and they can't really do that at the moment. If arbitration allows them to keep Hutch and Arrington signs with Miami then it's possible.

7. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

As Jet fans, we file that whole first paragraph under "Who Cares?"

You should be posting all that on a Falcon or Seahawk site, not here.
    We don't give a damn about your conspiracy theories..they have offered us a First..Falcons have not.
    Pretty simple.

8. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Fine, let Abraham not agree to go to Seattle...The Jets will retain him, because #46 won't compare to #31, me and you both know that...Keep him and let him be disgruntled and whatnot, the Seattle deal is alot better than anyhing Atlanta can offer, unless it's their 1st rounder.

9. guy0nthec0uch

guy0nthec0uch New Member

Then trade Abraham to Seattle since you guys feel you hold the cards, package your 2 #1 picks and trade with New Orleans for Lienhart. Nice meeting you all. Good luck this season.

10. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Exactly, that was my point, in that situation he would have to go to Seattle.

11. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

You act like you came here to try to convince US to trade him to you. We're no the GM, we were just giving our opinion. You don't have to leave.

12. getterdun

getterdun New Member

abe trade

ATL needs to stop low balling us and just give up the 1st rounder (or Shaub/2nd rounder). It doesn't sound like Abe's gonna agree to SEA. I just can't see Abraham coming back at this point, not after all the bad blood that's been created this off season. He'd have to be moved to OLB in a 3-4 if he stays.

Has anybody heard of any other FA moves in the works? Whatever happened to Brad Hopkins? We've got too many holes to address with seven draft picks. I think Dewayne Robertson is going to be traded. He's not a nose tackle and has no place on our new d-line. He might warrant a second or third rounder.

13. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Whoa...my friend, lots a good thought there.
    Abe will most likely go to Seattle because the Jets have already agreed to a deal. They can't wait around for ATlanta because that lowers Abe's value.

Yes but Kimo can play NT, meaning Robertson can be a good run-stopping end. Brad Hopkins has been talking to other teams, as has Tom Ashworth. Tough to predict where they'll go, though it probably won't be here.

14. kelly

kelly Banned

DEADLINE re ABE : FRIDAY ~ ~ ~

Friday is the last day that franchised players can negotiate with other teams. . . :rolleyes:

just an fyi . . . :)

15. BroadwayMike

BroadwayMike New Member

Please Kelly, please.

Change the avatar.

16. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Nope, not true.... that would have been the case under the old CBA.... the new CBA removes the cap hit penalty for a sign and trade deal now.

There are a lot of reporters who apparently are unaware of this change though. PFT called out Bob Glauber of Newsday for not being up on the new CBA in one JA article he wrote.

17. ThunderbirdJet

So far, this is the best info I could find on this part of the new CBA.....

Steve Hutchinson
    Offensive Guard
    Seattle Seahawks

6. Teams will be given an entire offseason to sign a franchise or transition player without losing the ability to tag future players. The current rules give a team that tags a player until March 17 to reach a long-term deal without losing the ability to give a franchise or transition designation for the length of that long-term deal. Under the new rules, the Seahawks, for example, have the ability to negotiate a long-term deal with transition guard Steve Hutchinson until July 15. If he signs a long-term deal before then, the Seahawks can get the tag for the next year. After July 15, the team can keep the franchise or transition tag only if the player signs a one-year deal.

There is more to this, according to PFT. Under the old CBA, if a FT'd player wasn't signed (or signed and traded) withing two weeks of the start of FA, the cap hit of the tag would remain on that team's cap number until July 15, at which point it would be removed.

The bottom line is that there is no rush to get the JA deal done immediately, as there would have been under the old CBA. Info like this on the new CBA is hard to find, and some of the beat writers don't seem to know about it either. Ih, here is a link to the above article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2361392

18. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

http://www.nypost.com/sports/jets/61168.htm
    Code:
    From todays article

19. ThunderbirdJet

hydro..... like I said, this info is misleading..... the new CBA allows teams to sign after the 14 day window following the opening of the FA period.... these reporters are using the old CBA here.... maybe no one KNOWS there's a new freakin CBA in place!? :drunk:

20. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

i hear ya.. didnt say you were wrong cause i dont even know for sure.