Miller Charged With Assault

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Beamen, May 20, 2007.

1. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

AJ Nicholson has been cut, and his alleged victim is now denying the incident!

2. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I definately think the new commish would have suspended Jumbo Elliot for rolling Santa Clause. That story was the best.

Justin is a dumbass for doing this. With so much money on the line, invite some folks back to your place and party up. Note to professional athletes... Stay out of seedy clubs and strip joints. It will not end well. Don't like it? Get a normal job and make less money in your lifetime thatn you'd make in a year in the NFL.

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I really don't Miller will be cut or released. Not with the Pats acquiring all those WR's. A suspension is possible. I'll be interested to see if the league does anything because this is his first offense since turning pro - unlike Pacman and Chris Henry (Cin)

4. FREEJET

FREEJET New Member

Justin Miller should get Al Sharpton to somehow turn this into a racial issue :eek:hmy:

5. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

Who ever hasnt gotten into a fight is either lieing or a pussy. let him live hes 22 years old.

6. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Being in the NFL is a privledge, not a right. The rules change when you cross that line.

7. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

I can't find the link but did read somewhere that Miller's lawyer said that he was acting in self-defense because the woman attacked him. I will keep searching for it....

8. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070521/SPORTS/705210335

Jets CB Miller runs, arrested
    By Rich Cimini
    New York Daily News
    May 21, 2007
    New York ? The NFL's fastest man could not outrun the NYPD.

The Jets' fleet-footed cornerback and kick returner Justin Miller was arrested early yesterday after he tried to dash away from a fight outside a Manhattan nightspot, police said.

Miller was named the league's fastest man at February's Pro Bowl in Hawaii, where he was Gang Green's only representative on the All-Star squad.

But his quick feet were no match for cops in a patrol car.

Miller, 23, was grabbed just a block from Chelsea's trendy Maritime Hotel, where a woman says she was punched by the pro ballplayer.

He was arraigned in Manhattan Criminal Court on third-degree assault charges.

"I want to apologize to everyone for this situation, including my family, my teammates, the Jets organization, our fans and the entire NFL," Miller said in a statement released after his court appearance.

"I understand that serving in the NFL is an honor and that I have an obligation to behave in a manner that reflects that privilege I have been given."

The fracas erupted about 4:40 a.m. after Miller and two friends left a Chelsea nightclub and got into a shoving match with a group of men outside the Maritime at West 16th Street and Ninth Avenue, police said.

Two witnesses told investigators that during the pushing and shoving, the 5-foot-10, 196-pound Miller punched a 26-year-old woman in the face.

Miller's lawyer disputed the claim, saying the woman hurled herself at the football player.

"He categorically denies the charges," said lawyer Aaron Wallenstein. "He was simply defending himself."

"He was attacked by a female outside the establishment," Wallenstein said.

He is due back in court June 25.

9. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

One possibility is- Miller was hitting on the girl, boyfriend got mad, girl stands behind the boyfriend, girl/guy pushes Miller, Miller swings, hits girl, Panics and then runs.

10. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Is there ever a fight that a female doesn't start?

11. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

I don't remember many times when I was 23 getting involved in a fight at 4:30 a.m., mostly because I was too bombed and in search of food to let a little thing like a couple morons keep me from that promised land.

12. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

What broad out at 4:30 am giving lip to a guy she does not know, does not deserve getting punched? Anything she said to him that provoked him, would have provoked most men anyway. Sorry for some reality.

#172 JoeJet, May 21, 2007
    Last edited: May 21, 2007
  13. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

Sarcasm? I can't tell.

14. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I was not defending him by any stretch. I was just saying given the severity or lack there of of the charges that I will wait till I hang him. Also if he truly ran and made the cops chase him, the charges for that would be more serious than actually hitting the woman.

I do not condone this behavior and I think a guy hitting a woman is among the lowest form of pond scum no matter how much she deserves it........... and we all know they deserve it........... ( I am joking).

Like I said the guy can not tackle and even worse, can not cover. He will be gone by year end anyhow. So I think this charge is immaterial anyway. This regime was not happy with him to start. Justin miller is going to be a ghost.

That was my real statement, I want to see what the Front Office is going to do, not the NFL. I should have been clear. That is the main reason for my wait and see stance.

#174 Miamipuck, May 21, 2007
  15. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Its funny to see how some people are blaming the cops because Miller is black and did something stupid. The cops didn't go to the bar on their own. They were called by witnesses who then gave them the necessary info to make an arrest. In almost every state if you are a male and strike a female you will be arrested. It has nothing to do with his race. Does anyone know if the female was black? Does anyone know if the cop who arrested him was black? Does anyone know if the witnesses were black? All I'm saying is stop blaming the cops and blame the ones who get arrested. Now I'm not saying that there's not bad cops out there, or ones that target people becasue of their race but the majority of them are honest hard working people. Also I read where someone wanted to know why he wasn't charged with running from the cops. He wasn't running from the cops he was running from the situation and when he saw the cops he obviously stopped or they would've chargrd him.

16. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Tell me when Pacman got arrested?

17. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

Not for nothing, but I am glad I am not a defendent with 12 of you chuckleheads sitting in the jury box.

18. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Congrats, you get the "dumbest thing said in this thread" award...

19. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Koz, if your daughter is hanging out at 9th ave and 16th street in Manhattan and she gets slugged by a guy at 4:30am in the morning, are u gonna wonder wtf she was doing there anyway? Or would you expect some guy to hand her a rose? And YES, its ok for a guy to be there at that time. There is no law against it. Its amazing how Justin Miller gets painted here, JUST because he is black. If it was Chad Pennington here, the Jets forum jury would still be out to see who provoked whom.

#179 JoeJet, May 21, 2007
  20. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Congrats, you just stole the award for the "Dumbest thing said in this thread"-

You've got to be kidding me, playing the race card. How in the hell can you even try and pull that card out of the deck?

The idiot HIT someone and then ran- those are the facts that have been conveyed thus far.

Did the WHITE MAN actually grab Miller's hand and make him throw the punch?

Did the WHITE MAN take ahold of Miller's lets and make them move rapidly, so that he could flee from the scene?

I've never had a post truly disgust me before, until your gem came along.

Let's hear your conspiracy of how the white man set Justin Miller up on this one. Come on, this will be pure brilliance...