Boom & Busts From The '07 Draft

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Dirtywater, May 2, 2007.

1. Jets102812

Jets102812 Member

Bust has to be ginn .unless he puts up hesters numbers

2. OJDidIt

OJDidIt Banned

Boom: Calvin Johnson, Brady Quinn
    Bust: The Miami Dolphins organization, any defensive back ever selected by the Giants

3. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I fixed it for you to make it a little more accurate :breakdance: :lol:

4. Warhound7

Warhound7 New Member

Boom: LaRon Landry - there is something about this guy that gives me the feeling that he's just going to dominate in the 'Skins secondary.

Darrelle Revis - He's gonna be a walk-on starter and I think he's going to take advantage of the fact that he's a rookie and other teams will under rate him because of it and he's going to dominate.

Honorable Mention: Marshawn Lynch - I think he's going to flourish quickly in Buffalo.

Bust: Teddy Ginn (Jr.) - Injuries, injuries, injuries, oh and overhyped.

Greg Olsen - I'm sure glad we didn't take this guy. He's going to be mediocre at best in this league.

Honorable Mention: Aaron Ross - I just don't think he's going to translate well. He got burned by Ginn so bad on many occasions and while he's talented I just dont know if this was the upgrade the Jints needed.

5. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Booms: Adrian Peterson, Reggie Nelson

Busts: Lawrence Timmons, Dwayne Bowe

6. Stitches

Stitches New Member

I had the displeasure of watching many OSU games over the years, and to say Ginn doesn't go over the middle is just naive. I would say that at least half his catches from this past season were over the middle. In fact a number of his TDs were him taking slants to the house, rather than just outrunning them deep.

As to the posters claiming size and injuries, injuries, injuries. His size hasn't been a detriment yet, and he has only ever been injured once in all his footballing. Once. And that came after a play in which his teammate akwardly tackled him from behind. His size and durability on the field has never been a problem. Just got to make sure that when he scores a TD, it's hands off.

And to anyone who thinks you need Hester like numbers to not be considered a bust, get real. In all likely-hood Hester won't ever reproduce the scoring numbers he put up last season.

As for my Booms: Adrian Peterson and Robert Meacham

Busts: Harrell and Jarvin Moss

#26 Stitches, May 3, 2007
    Last edited: May 3, 2007
  7. In Mangini We Trust

In Mangini We Trust New Member

Boom: Brady Quinn, Darrelle Revis, Patrick Willis, Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson

Bust: Jamarcus Russell, Gaines Adams, Aaron Ross

8. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

ahahaha. :rofl:

9. JetsLookingforDWare

Boom:

Landry - Beast at safety. Hopefully the Skins somehow improve their pass rush this year and help their DBs out.

Spencer - DeMarcus Ware's Shaun Phillips. This guy is going to be a beast for them. This also allows Carpenter to move inside, which he'll struggle with early on (already has) but I think he'll do fine in the long run.

Brady Quinn - Edwards, Winslow, good O-line, growing D...perfect time to step in as the Browns QBoF. They're one or two years away tops, and next years draft being so deep could make a huge difference.

Lynch - The Bills just rebuilt their O-line and went heavy on run blockers.

Dwayne Bowe - Recievers who play tough like Johnson, Cotch, Fitzgerald, and Boldin all seem to have success early. Only worry is that he's with a dumbass.

Peterson - Best RB prospect since Deuce McCallister/LT.

Bust:

Ginn - Lol.

Olsen - Jolley the second.

Ross and Hall - Don't like either of them.

Gaine Adams - He'd look better in the 3-4 IMO.

10. Tight

Tight Active Member

Lmfao........:breakdance:

Boom. Calvin Johnson, jon beason

bust... tedd gin, levi brown

11. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Listen most every rookie Cb struggles some in their first year. second this wasn't the best Cb class. IF you think it was, than tell me why the best Cb didn't go in the top 10.(nfl Gms put a premier on top cbs) Your overrating Darrelle revis (wanted to believe in him) and he has just as much chance of busting,( as a Cb) like Justin Miller.

Fact is Jets had to trade up twice because they had a need at positions(Cb and ILB) and it was a very weak year at those positions. Most likely iif they waited by the time there turn came up , they would have been left out in the cold.

12. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Only super star out of this draft will be jamarcus Russell . Will be this generation John elway. (If youngster know who he was)

#32 Raiderjoe, May 6, 2007
    Last edited: May 6, 2007
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dude, all you had to do was add like 2 S's and that post would have actually read like a normal person was typing it.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Do you have downs syndrome? Seriously...do you?

15. JetsLookingforDWare

Elway = overrated.

No one liked the guy until Davis came in and made the offense more complete, because most QBs who complete less than 55% of their passes and was a garaunteed lock for double digit INTs year in and year out tend to not make all time lists.

To me he is the epitome of QBs getting credit they don't deserve.

16. JetGreen_pho'life

JetGreen_pho'life New Member

Booms-D.revis/ B.meriweather one of those two will be def. Rookie of the year. Busts-B.quinn/J.russell they've been added to the wrong systems and are now destined to fail. Lol "well maybe not russ. But quinns f@#k'd. = )

#36 JetGreen_pho'life, May 8, 2007
    Last edited: May 8, 2007
  17. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

as long as you're predicting that, Jet fans have nothing to worry about:lol:

18. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

By that time the season collapse already happened, although I was there in person to see the last thrashing that Smoker gave you guys

19. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

BOOM!: Calvin Johnson, Anthony Spencer
    Bust: Greg Olsen, Craig Davis

20. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Ahh abyz. Probably the only one that keeps the board from imploding due to the offseason