The Official Ramsey is a Jet Thread!! Post your thoughts here.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Mar 16, 2006.

1. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I hope some do. Then maybe the stupid sarcastic posts from certain posters were disappear.

2. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

Harrington already had 4 seasons to prove himself. Time is up!

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Okay, I've been on a Falcons msg board and they think we need to give THEM Abe and a 2nd for Schaub straight up. :eek:hmy:

4. ForeverRebuilding

ForeverRebuilding New Member

Matt Schaub = Rob Johnson
    Rob Johnson was a much sought after QB and was traded by Jax for a 1st rounder and a 4th rounder from Buffalo. That 1st rounder turned int Fred Taylor 9th overall, and Tavian Banks in the 4th round of the 1998 draft.
    Rob Johnson was benched in favor of 4foot-nothing Doug Flutie.
    Nuff said!!

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'd do it for Dan Marino as a rookie, but not for Schaub. If he was all that, he would have taken Vick's job by now..

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Those saracastic posts about the Second Coming of Christ were genius.

7. Keeping It Real

Keeping It Real New Member

See this is what I hate about trolls who don't know what the heck they are talking about. I visited their board and they are saying that they're FO should give up Schaub and a 2nd rd for Abe, not the other way around.

You know what, not only do you sound like your sig, but you probably look like him too. :lol:

8. Tight

Tight Active Member

Is that so ?

envision this. Minnesota trades basically there entire draft for hersel walker.

end result ? Cowboys go on to become one of the most dominate teams in nfl history. So please, stop it.

Now, dont you think the cowboys fans lost there mind when they traded hersel ?

Tutaloo

9. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

The Cowboys didn't give up their 1st round pick along with Walker, which is part of Vision's point.

10. mr.bogal

mr.bogal Member

I think that a new start would be just what Joey needs. I think we could cut a deal with them and possibly get Harrington. We could probably get quiet a bit for them since if they did trade with us they would now be ahead of GB.
    I say the #4 for #9 and Harrington.

11. Schaub2006

Schaub2006 New Member

Schaub Fan

Hi Jets Fans....Falcon Fan here. Long time Jets follower (Namath days). Just wanted to drop in to say that over on the Falcons boards, views on Matt Schaub are mixed. I think this is mainly because of the "I love Mike Vick" fans who don't want any competition for Mike. Anyway, I support our QB but believe Matt Schaub will be the better QB in the long run. He will not get the chance to start in ATL unless something happens to Vick. True enough, Schaub has not played a lot and his moments of brilliance came under less than harsh circumstances. The only thing I can say about him is that I have watched him play extremely well in his preseason games and that there just seems to be something there. He is calm, isn't afraid to stand in the pocket, isn't afraid to run when needed, seems capable of locating the open receiver, and shows a lot of poise. The only thing it seems he is missing is that he hasn't played a lot. I would love to see you guys get him (since he will never start in ATL) and have him work out for you. At any rate, good luck with whatever direction your team heads. :eaglessuck:

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Cowboys fans did not mind when the team traded Walker to the Vikings. They were bad with him.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Atlanta Falcons are doomed if they trade the legendary, wonderful, Second Coming of Christ that is Matt Schaub to the New York Jets.

The name Schaub just oozes Super Bowl Champion. Schaub is a freakin' artist, man. The NFL gridiron is his canvas.

He will be the first NFL quarterback to overcome the incredible odds of having a horrible surname to win a Super Bowl. (Trent Dilfer does not count because the Giants were awful and the Ravens would have won with any quarterback in Super Bowl 35.)

Schaub is so smart he purposely completed less than half of his passes with the Falcons. He had this all planned out when the Falcons drafted him. Since the 2004 NFL Draft he has worked towards his goal of getting traded to the Jets.

His biggest game came in the 2005 season when he started against the Patriots. Schaub played good, but that and home cooking still resulted in a Falcons loss. He knew that Falcons management would look at this and say, "Schaub plays well and we lose. Vick plays sloppy and we usually win. Oh, we'll be trading this Schaub guy to some dumbass team in the offseason."

When Schaub gets traded to the Jets, it will be the greatest day in Jets history. January 12, 1969 will get pushed to #2. It's not very often a team acquires Christ to play quarterback.

Back to reality here, folks. With the 4th overall pick in the draft, the Jets are in position right now to draft one of these three QBs- Matt Leinart, Vince Young, Jay Cutler. They also could trade up to #1 or #2 to get a better choice of those three.

Schaub was not a highly regarded QB coming out of Virginia a couple years ago. He's a game manager type of a QB (i.e., Trent Dilfer, Brian Griese) as opposed to a dynamic franchise QB (i.e., what most scouts think of Leinart and Young).

To go for Schaub and pass on Leinart, Young, and Cutler is a mindless decision in my opinion. It is a very Saints-ish thing to do. (I would like to see Drew Brees do well with the Saints, but their decision to sign Brees instead of draft Leinart was strange to me.)

I am so bothered by this that it may break me. Coming off of a disastrous 2005 season (for the Jets and the league in general), I'm not in the mood for a bull---- QB acquisition when any one of three potential franchise QBs can be had.

I would be okay with either Aaron Brooks or Kerry Collins brought into the fold with one-year incentive laden deals. But to turn the future of the QB position over to Matt Schaub instead of Matt Leinart is simply ludicrous to me.

#293 Cakes, Mar 16, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  14. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

It looks like this is the deal that will get done. Shaub would be a great addition because it wouldn't ruin Chad's confidence like bringing in someone like Leinart would where Chad would know this was probably his last year as a starter in NY, if he even played this year. I just hope we don't give up too much for a QB who's started 2 games in his career. I also really hope we get a second, but I think we'll see Shaub, 3rd, later pick for Abe. Maybe Abe and a 4th for a 2nd, which I'd prefer. If we do get a second, I'd trade into the late first round and take Maroney or White. I'd also try to trade down in the 1st and get an extra second, because we won't need to take Cutler at 4. 1st round I'd go Hawk or D-Brick.

15. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Leinart/Young>Cutler/Shaub>Harrington/Ramsey

Thats I feel about these potential Jet QBs

16. Schaub2006

Schaub2006 New Member

I don't know if this deal gets done or not but it is being reported that the powers that be are ironing out the details this evening.

17. Schaub2006

Schaub2006 New Member

Schaub is not the 2nd coming but he is probably better than you think.

#297 Schaub2006, Mar 16, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  18. Schaub2006

Schaub2006 New Member

I don't know how you could have such negative feelings about Matt Schaub and talk about wanting Aaron Brooks. Brooks would definitely NOT take your team where you want to go.

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

My point is Brooks would be a stop gap for one season in the event Pennington cannot physically withstand the rigors of professional quarterbacking and if Bollinger cannot play effectively. If Pennington and Bollinger aren't the answer for 2006, I wouldn't want a rookie 1st round draft pick QB to be thrown to the wolves.

Going to Schaub to me, looks like the Jets would commit to him for multiple seasons and build the offense around him. This would be a typical Jets-like move and would usher in yet another error-filled era.

20. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I have always maintained that if you need a franchise QB (there may be three in the upcoming draft) and pass on him when you are in position to get him, you are extremely foolish.

Schaub is not a franchise QB. He is a game manager. I think Schaub at best is Brad Johnson-lite.

And to the guy who wrote the Jets should get Schaub because it wouldn't damage Pennington's psyche- let me know when the shuttle lands.