Some of you are way too obsessed with the pats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hoobash, Apr 6, 2007.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Its not bench marking the Pats to be a clone , its how the Pats have gone about their business and ended up winning 3 SBs and nearly very nearly going to the SB again.
    Its not just the Jets , its the whole league. I'll bet you even before the draft most NFL fans would say that if they had to pick 4 teams that might win the SB , the Pats would be in there....still.
    The fact that Mangini was also a SB winning Pats coach is always going to be associated with us , yet another link.
    The first competition is in your own Div , you have to win that , so Jax can do what they like , they don't affect us unless we meet in POs and theres nothing we can do about that , but the rest of our Div we can do something about.
    For the record I think that the 4th place team in our div next season will be the Bills.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

How can you not hate them? The hatred starts with the owners, then the FOs, the players and finally the fans. It started with us signing Parcells, then CM, then the Bellichek fiasco. It would be unAmerican to not hate them if you're a jets fan.

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The Giants won a SB with Parcells, the Pats stole him and he took them to a SB, we stole him from the Pats and he didn't take us to a SB, the Pats stole BB from us along with signing several former Jets and won 3 SB, we stole the Pats DC to try and win us a SB.

Not to mention we stole Martin from the Pats and didn't win a SB and they did.

I would say the obsession by the fans with the Pats is based on our team owners obsession with the Pats and the fact that they have bitch slaped us several times.

4. hickeyQB15

hickeyQB15 New Member

This is well said, even though i do know unloyal pats fans. I think it's understandable that we hate them and that we talk about them a lot, but at the same time we should be more interested what Mangini is doing here in NY

5. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You missed my point. I wasn't predicting anything. I was saying that it does not make sense to try to match what another team does because you perceive them to be your competition. For example, many people say the Jets need to draft a CB because the Pats, Fins, and Bills have upgraded their WRs. I say that is just stupid. If the Jets do that and other teams run the ball down the Jets throat again because they did not upgrade their obvious defensive weakness - stopping the run - what have the Jets gained? You don't react to other teams' personnel moves. You come up with a plan for your team and act on it.

6. gustoonarmy

......OK , got it and I agree. Build your own team and gameplan and let them worry about it :up:

7. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

You my friend... are a smart man.. :shit:

8. gustoonarmy

See , the older you get the smarter you get.
    OLD AGE is not a disease :wink:

9. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Oh boy, here we go again, and propagated by mods no less. [​IMG]

Why is this so hard to understand. I think this may be harder to understand than Einstein's theory of relativity.

All fan bases have good/bad/arrogant/humble/mean/nice/decent and jerk fans. To put yourselves/your fan base on some high horse is a joke. I have met all types along the way. You talk like your hands are clean. Welcome to humanity. We're all alike.

10. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Right, and the winning team has the biggest bandwagon. New England has kind of taken the role of America's team, which makes them very easy to hate.

Hoobash's original post is right, though. Posts like "what are we going to do to counter Donte Stallworth or Adalius Thomas" aren't very good, and some people do obsess over them.

But come on, we're Jets fans on a Jets board. We're not going to say too much good about the Pats.

11. GreenMachine

I hate the Red Sox, Pats, and your dog. :grin:

12. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

I only wish I could find that pic of Brady from Family Guy where he has no penis.

13. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Some of us wear pants.

15. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

a spade calling a spade

16. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

It's not the America's Team stuff that's annoying. I think that, in general, the Patriots have fallen out of favor as the team that casual fans like to root for. Once you win 3 Superbowls, people get sick of seeing you. The fans that are incredibly annoying, however, are the shitload of Patriots fans that came out of the woodwork (in other words, pretended to be fans) when the Patriots got good again after we hadn't heard boo from these people for the many previous years when the Patriots sucked.

17. Dirtywater

What does that even mean? It's not like football forums were all the rage in 1987. Face it, you tell yourself these things to appear to be hip and trendy. It just so happens that we won it when football forums were starting up.

Are there bandwagon fans after we won it? Absolutely. Are there bandwagon fans on board for any winner in any sport? Absolutely. Man, there is a lot of high horse stuff here lately. Discouraging.

If the Jets win it all in 2 years, guess what will happen? You got it. Bandwagon fans.

Finally, I don't care about who started rooting for who, when. It's baby talk. Much like the obsession about whether Belichick didn't hug and console Mangini, or perform a cheerleading routine at center field after you beat us. It's football. Get over it.

Man, this fan stuff is pathetic. What do you want, a certificate saying you are a 5-star fan and have been since 1960, and if not (even if you were not born yet, you are not allowed to become a fan at anytime? What do you think happened in Pittsburgh before they won in the 70's? Do you know? They had no support, but guess who became fans once they won?

I've used this image in the past, and it applies here yet again. You be more concerned with fans, I'll watch the games on Sunday. Sorry to tee off here on you, it's not personal, it's (the topic) just old at this point.

[​IMG]

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You should consider taking your own advice and not get worked up.

19. Dirtywater

Way to avoid the topic at hand, but yes, you are correct. :lol:

20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

It's the bandwagon fans that I can't stand. Like the Cowboys and Bulls of the 90's, they appear in droves after a championship and have plenty too say about everything.

As for being too concerned with the Pats, there the class of the division. Should we be more concerned with the 6-10 Phins or the 7-9 Bills? There's a reason you don't see many of there fans posting here. There down right now and they know it. We're somewhat on the rise and our target is the New England Patriots. It makes perfect sense that there off season moves are a hot topic on this or any other Jets board.

#40 Jets81, Apr 8, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2007