Some of you are way too obsessed with the pats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hoobash, Apr 6, 2007.

1. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

There are some poster that just talk about the pats way to much. If I was a pats fan I would be over here laughing at you. I know you have to worry about them but some of you worry way to much.

2. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

Sorry, man. It's like when the Red Sox fans always used to be obsessed with the Yankees. The Pats have won numerous superbowls in recent years and could be the team of the decade, they're in our conference, we're squarely looking up at them and until we lance the dragon in the playoffs, you'll see a lot of Jets fans "obsessed" with them...

3. Of course we're gonna show some fascination/hatred for the Pats. They are the team we need to surpass in our journey for a championship. Additionally they have assanine and arrogant fans in most of our residential areas

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

You're not kidding!!! I just wonder where they were a few years ago

5. baamf

baamf Active Member

They were probably Cowboy fans....

6. JetsLookingforDWare

Agreed with the OP.

We're way too caught up in how the Pats do this and that and the Patriots way and blah blah blah.

Mangini is highly influenced by the Pats obviously, but I don't think he's looking to make an exact copy of them in NJ (and yes the Jets are JERSEY).

7. Murrell2878

Ha! Now that you mention it I have noticed a drop off in people wearing Cowboy coats and hats....hmmm...I haven't seen a 49ers fan in awhile either. But there sure are a lot of people with Patriots hats on with Pats stickers on their cars lately!!

8. GreenMachine

I bet they have a Steve Grogan jersey in their closet...:grin:

9. Murrell2878

:lol: I wonder if they even know who Steve Grogan is :rofl:

10. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

We have a retard in the village that wears a cowboy shirt , smith no less and he dribbles down it.

The Pats were the bench mark. But the sadly :)rofl: ) the wheels are starting to fall off poor old Bills jalopy and his team is a team that I am no longer in awe of.
    I just wonder how many Pats fans are starting to look over their shoulders , they know how close we are getting.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'll admit I talk about them in my short time on this board. I only do it due to their success in the division and the fact that our new Head Coach came from there and was treated like the heir apparent to Belichek.

12. Big Cotch

Big Cotch Banned

It is so weak resorting to attacks on fan loyalty. That is what fans of "2nd place" teams do. That is what I have heard every Mets fan say about the Yankees for years-- they have been playing second fiddle to the Yanks, and the only way they think they can win an argument is by saying that Yankee fans came from out of nowhere.

Accusing Pats fans of jumping on the bandwagon is basically saying, "we're 2nd rate, but at least we're loyal." When in reality, I'm sure their fans are just as loyal as ours. Lets just have a good draft and beat them.

And yes, people do focus too much on the Pats in that EVERY time a Pats player gets cut (because he's not good anymore) there are 47 threads about how we should get the guy. Even if he's a career backup, or a 32 Y/O RB who looked like hell for 2 years in a row.

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

What's this "Pats" team you speak of?

14. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

We're Jet fans, we hate the pats, and therefore obsess over them.

15. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but it is silly to target one team as a benchmark for the Jets' progress. That is because things change quickly in the NFL. After the 2002 season, many people on this board were saying that the Jets needed to beat the Raiders to take the next step (the Raiders had beaten the Jets in the playoffs after the 2001 and 2002 seasons). So what happens? The Jets' benchmark team, the Raiders, fell flat on their faces and became one of the worst teams in the NFL overnight. It is best for the Jets to concentrate on improving their own team and not worry about what other teams are doing. The Jets can't do anything about other teams anyway. For all we know, this year or next, the main competition may be Buffalo or Miami or Jacksonville, or someone other than the Pats and who knows what will be two years from now.

16. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Maybe you have been noticing a few different posts than I have lately but everything seems the same to me. We love to hate the Pats.

[​IMG]

:gpc: :gpc: :gpc: :gpc:

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

thats just scary

18. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

The only reason that I even follow The Pats is because they have won our division numerous times and have had great success against us over the past few years. For our team to be considered a contender, they are the team that we MUST get past. Right now, they are the best team in our division and for us not to at least pay attention to what they are trying to do to improve would be foolish.

19. Warhound7

Warhound7 New Member

I'm not defending any patsie-obsessed jets fans, but I will say that they're probably obsessed with them because they're the only thing holding us back from dominating the AFC East. Personally, I'm obsessed enough with the Jets, but if some people have enough hatred in their hearts for the patsies, then I say let them.

Perhaps a new forum dedicated to hatred for the patsies should be created to stifle and/or seperate this rash of patsie-obsession... perhaps? :shit:

20. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I hate the Patriots and I have no problem with my obsessive hatred for them.