Everyone Is An Expert - Larry David

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hwismer, Apr 4, 2007.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I'm glad he is a Jet fan ans all,but what qualifies him to be heard on what the jets do? There are people on this board far more qualified.

2. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

Amen.

The fact that some people are pissed off or offended by this is proof positive that some people take things too seriously.

Frankly, if you think that either (A) Larry David really believes that the Jets brass should or would put any serious weight on what he thinks about football, or (B) Mangini and Tennenbaum would, in any circumstance, be taking football advice from an actor... then you just lack common sense.

Larry David is apparently a big fan of the team, and hes a famous guy. Put yourself in Manginis shoes, or really in anybodys shoes... if I were President of these United States and somebody told me Larry David was looking to hang out with me, Id invite him right in to the oval office.

And season six better come out before I graduate college. And yea, after this he better have a Jets player or two on the show next season, or at least show some merch around the house.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

how do you know how qualified he is? you don't know his football knowledge. besides, why the animosity towards him when Mangini and Tannenbaum took the lunch with him.

just because he works in television doesnt disqualify his knowledge. I'm not saying he knows more than anybody else, but you certainly haven't presented an argument that he doesn't to validate your position.

4. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Nice BLUE COLORS Larry David!!!!

5. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Oh no. It's talking again....

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Only people confined to psych wards are as singular-minded as you are. It's uncanny. I bet every stick of furniture you own is fashioned from glued-together dry macaroni elbows.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Eric and Mike were in the area looking at prospects... Larry David found that out and wanted to have a meal and talk becuase he is a big jet fan, the topic of the draft came up and Larry gave his 2 cents like every fan does at this time... thats all that happened, Larry David isn't influencing the front office. They had a meal, and they talked football. The End

8. Coach K

Coach K New Member

rofl

On the NFL network it was reported the advice Larry David gave them last year was to trade up to draft Vince Young. Something I wouldnt have been against.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I LOVE Seinfeld. Larry being a fan makes me happy hahaha

10. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Yea, I agree. He's an eccentric clown who's funny and and a fan of the Jets. This story has been entirely misconstrued.

11. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

what constitutes as a meal? Soup and Sandwich in a diner or dinner at Mendy's?

wakka-wakka

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Haha.. That really made me laugh...

13. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

Your in LA and Larry David calls and wants to have lunch with you...You go be polite and let him express his football knowledge..Thank him and it was cool meeting you and back to work.