David Bowens wants to be a Jet, negotiations.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Mar 9, 2007.

1. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

how did we "steal" coleman? hes an underachiever....wouldnt you have to take something thats of value to someone else in order to "steal"?

2. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

How is someone who had 5 sacks as a backup on a team in which he had no opportunity to start considered an "underachiever"?

3. JetsLookingforDWare

Thank you. That was too easy.

4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

underachiever is not the same thing as backup/situational player.......if you're going to call a guy out on being an underachiever, atleast make an effort to learn the definition of the word......If you really do know the difference, and you saw every game Dallas played (My guess is most likely not) while he was there, and you still believe he is an underachiever, then I guess you are just a bad judge of football talent or misguided

5. I like the idea of bringing Bowens in. He'll add some quality depth, and could be a great situational pass rusher to team w/ BT.

6. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

I agree. If he can produce like that in a backup role theres no way you can call him an underacheiver. I think he could be a real solid player for us if we give him a chance to start.

7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Do you guys now believe me about Maningitus?

I'm tellin yall, the League is catching it and it's spreading.

8. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

JUST WANTED TO SAY KLECKO NAMATH TOON WERE MY FAVORITES. BUT I HAVE TO ADD LYONS AND CHREBETT FOR ME ...THAT WOULD BE A LITTLE TO LONG THOUGH WOULDNT IT.BUT IT BRINGS BACK SOME MEMORIES BOY.

9. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

he had 5 sacks!!!! wow, i blew my load!

seriously...tuna tits rotates his d lineman...we (jet fans) should know this. im sure that he should have gotten all that money. if, after this season hes got more than his huge 5 sacks, ill eat my words. I PROMISE. until then, i consider it money ill spent on a career backup. i hope he comes here and does great things, but i doubt it. and that has zero to do with being misguided.

btw, i saw 10 or 11 dallas games (nfl ticket is a beautiful thing)...coleman isnt impressive....hes a career backup, and im a bad judge of talent....HA...am i the GM? i didnt realize you were oh so brilliant and were clearly a great judge of talent for football players. i bow to your excellency as only you have the right opinion.

10. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Wow, no reason to get so angry... unless of course you have a major personal beef with Coleman.

Just by going what I've seen and from what Cowboys fans have said, I think Coleman is a very talented player who is just entering his best years.

11. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

that wasnt anger, just reeeeeaaaaallly thick sarcasm. :wink:

12. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

Any updates on this? I haven't been paying that much attention.

13. Coach K

Coach K New Member

actually ive seen about 10 games this year and found him quite impressive. and a couple of my friends who are cowboys fans are royally pissed that we signed him. he was good enough to start on that defense. hence the inflated numbers in a backup role.

hes not amazing, but hes an instant upgrade over SpeedSlow FatOldSlobbin and should be a solid player.

14. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Go through the sack #s of everyone else we had rushing the passer, all of our starters..... Thomas had more than 5 sacks... Anyone else? I'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty confident our starters did not produce in pass-rushing roles as much as this backup...

15. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Hobson had 6, Thomas had 8.5.

16. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i know you were just clarifying for him.

not for nothing but coleman is a DE. him to get 4 sacks and 25 solo tackles in a backup 3-4 de role is pretty impressive. but so people know it wasnt really a backup role. he was on the field pretty much 50 percent of the time.

17. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Coleman is a really good move. I believe we still have CJ Mosely as well, and he started to show up at the end of last year. While our line isn't as big up the gut as we might want it to be, we do have athletic, versatile guys. Coleman is definitely an upgrade, and a healthy Pouha might provide one as well.

-X-

18. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

thats as much as Ellis had, and more than the rest of our D-Line combined.

19. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Hey may I point out that you could be our first authentic German Jets fan posting on the site?

20. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Don't they have their own version of DasmeinGanggreen.de ?