Vinny Testaverde back to the Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dinobot 2, Mar 4, 2007.

1. All Star

All Star Active Member

No because #16 is already taken and that would be weird to see Brad Smith in another number.........

2. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

betray. He didnt betray us. He gave the Jets everthing he had. He didnt betray us. He will show Clemens what it takes to be a QB in this league. He was a good mentor for Chad. Chad turned out fine minus the injuries.

3. JetPod80

JetPod80 New Member

I dont like the fact the Vinnny was a Pat either, but he's my favorite Jets quaterback and I will always like him, so I dont think that his move to the Pats was a betrayal of the Jets, he had no impact on that team this year anyway, i'm pretty sure he didnt teach Brady anything that he didnt already know

4. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

It would be weird to see Brad Smith in another number?..... I'm starting to become concerned about the number of people here who are having love affairs with Brad 'one season' Smith.

5. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

lets just hope he remembers to remind himself as he teaches, "throw to the jets, jets wear green, not the other team"....

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah but Dino, Brad got the Jets a couple first downs. He is my hero. :)

7. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i agree...how would it "be weird" to see a second year player wear a different number? it would be weird to see pennington or ellis wear another number. smith....he should be happy with whatever number he gets. the guys got tons of talent, but he hasnt dont much yet.

8. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Too bad he doesn't know what green looks like.

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

How about .....his age??? How about his terrible performance as an NFL QB since 1998? If you are going to bring in somebody to mentor Clemens, bring in a guy who made it in the NFL on brains and reading defenses and not someone like Testaverde whose athletic ability and arm were his main attributes rather than his football knowledge.

And nobody meant more the Jet franchise than Namath. If that is going to be the measuring stick, Namath should be the 3rd string QB. The mobility is about equal. As for the rehab comment, Namath had that one public indiscretion and pulled his life together. What's wrong with that?

10. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

VINNY WAS GREAT FOR THAT HALF A GAME IN 99 TOO!!!!! DONT YOU FORGEEEEEEEETTTT!!!!!!

seriously...id rather just let vinny come in to teach and stick smith as the 3rd QB and save a roster spot. lets be honest about it....if, for some reason, vinny actually had to get INTO a game this year, we are in A TON of trouble. why waste the roster spot on someone who wont play? pay vinny to be kellens mentor....to be in the meetings, consult with the QB coach.

theres no reason to eat up cap space on testicles at this point.

btw, theres nothin wrong with broadway joe...ive been drunk and thought to myself "id bang suzie kolber!"....that was the greatest moment on espn football...i would like to kisssss yooooooooooooouuuuuuu.....

11. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

vinny is a jinx.don't let that patriot trading fool near ourteam again.he has his chance to retire a jet and he decided to sign with the pats.

why do you think Brady threw that interception against the colts?
    intercepteverde was on his sideline.

12. illmatic

illmatic New Member

Umm, no - I want nothing of the sort. Vinny around any Jets QB can't be good. I don't like our QB's thowing Picks, making horrible decisions and being completly immobile. My prefernce is that he's a PAT or a Fin, then at least he can do some good for the Jets

13. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

as long as hes the #3 QB thats fine with me

14. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

I think people are overanalyzing this entirely. If Vinny comes back it wouldn't just be to "mentor" kellen clemens, but to retire as a New York Jet. There was a rumor last year he wanted to come back to the Jets in '07 and retire, I'm amazed no one else heard that??

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Either way, Vinny is fine with me. He has a strong arm and can throw the 15 yard out with consistency, and as we know this is all that matters.

16. zoostation

zoostation New Member

Word from his agent is he wants to stay with the Pats for another shot at a ring.

17. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

sign him as our qb coach

18. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Word is your word means nothing.

19. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

The sad thing is that Vinny would bring better mobility to our QB position than Chad and Kellen. They both run like they crapped their pants.

20. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

I'm surprised there is so much love for Vinny. Outside of '98 (1 year), what has he done for this organization. Granted it was the farthest we've gotten in my lifetime, but one year doesn't make him second to Joe Wille.

If, for some unforeseen reason both Chad and Kellen go down, I'd rather have Brad at QB. At least you know he can run for a first down and can throw down field.

Vinny brings nothing to the table; mobility (nope), accuracy (nope), knowledge (already have that in QB's and coaches).

If the Jets felt all this love for him, then maybe (and I certainly don't see the benefit in this moronic move) sign him as an Asst QB coach. I hope he stays in NE or retires.

If anything, he should retire a Buc.