Did we just pick up one more win/year? McGahee to the Ravens

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFighter, Mar 8, 2007.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

U do realize we play the Ravens this year?

2. highlife15

highlife15 New Member

Go back and read it again, genius.

3. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

Hehe I think his cataracts are getting a lil' rusty.

4. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

You do realize he did realize this?

5. highlife15

highlife15 New Member

Borderline? It's about the Jets playing the Bills without McGahee. I don't see why people have a problem with this thread.

6. Jets Babe

Jets Babe New Member

in response to the title, yes.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Everybody is a Jets killer when it comes to the run. Dillon was too as was Ricky Williams when he was with Miami. The real problem is the Jets haven't been able to stop the run for 4 or 5 years and I don't see anything being done to address that. When you can't stop the run or put pressure on thr QB without blitzing there is a problem. I know they want to build the team through the draft but they had money to get impact players and haven't done it. They don't have enough high picks to do it on draft day either.

8. championjets69

Well if we had quality personnal that was holding him to 40 yds per game we would be crying he is gone. JV can you hear this?

9. Bill

Bill New Member

This trade made me so happy, since I was praying McGahee would just go somewhere away from the AFC East. He made me feel awful watching the games, it seemed like someone was throwing a parade every time we played, watching him march up and down the field.

10. Jets Babe

Jets Babe New Member

mc gay hee is a crappy RB, but against the jets he looks like jim brown.

11. championjets69

You know to be the best you have to beat the best & you do that with quality players & this thread proves that we do not have quality D players otherwise we would not be moaning & groaning about Willis M

12. alngtheway

alngtheway Member

while thats definitely true, i do think that sometimes a given player just has great success against a specific team. you see it in all sports, and i dont know what it is. maybe theyre more motivated against that team or something. regardless, while getting rid of mcgahee doesnt mean the jets dont have to get better players to stop the run, it does mean we can be happy to be rid of someone who just seemed to have their number...

13. Jets Babe

Jets Babe New Member

hey, thats a great sig.

14. championjets69

Sorry I do not accept your theroy since if you have the right quality players you should be able to stop anybody. Also IMHO it is thinking like yours that have made the NYJs what they have been in the last 38 years

15. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Wow the draft hasn't even started yet and you guys are counting us as a win! What if we trade for Turner or draft Lynch who alot of sources close to the organization say they are in love with! Dont forget we also have Dillon coming in for a visit today...so a 1-2 puch of Dillon/Lynch looks 10x better than McGahee especially if our new oline proves there worth!

16. alngtheway

alngtheway Member

glad to know im the cause of the jets sucking for 10 years before i was born... :wink:

17. Bill

Bill New Member

Actually, try taking a look at our own team for an example of this. Neon Leon's first huge game? Jacksonville, a few miles away from where he grew up. He even said in an interview that it had been his dream to play there. Think he didn't kick it up into 5th gear for a special case?

Certain places effect certain players. Playing against certain guys, maybe ones you knew for a while, or played with in college, effects you. All these things matter. If you discount that, then you probably have never played a sport in your life.

18. championjets69

It is your THINKING that is has NYJ fans have thought for years so they can accept the losses that have come year after year. IMHO we should be saying that to bad we did not have the players to stop MacGhee instead of being happy he is departing the division. Using my statement you know that we have many slackers on D. JV can you see this?

19. championjets69

It a great rationalization to wash away the severe weaknesses our D has IMHO

20. alngtheway

alngtheway Member

i think youre confusing two points. on the one hand, i dont think anyone disagrees that with a better run D mcgahee wouldnt have been an issue. however, on the other side of it he definitely played better against the jets than any other team for whatever reason. so for that reason i am glad he is gone. doesnt mean i dont want to improve the run D nor does it mean saying mcgahee always beats the jets made me "accept" those losses when they happened...