Thomas Jones Devils Advocate page--

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cotch, Mar 5, 2007.

1. TheGreenBrickRhode

TheGreenBrickRhode New Member

The deal is a steal. Sign Columbo, Look for McLain in 3rd round as FB

2. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

Thanks for the report. Great read. I personally think that he is an interesting pairing with Leon. Both can run and catch. I think it provides a lot of different options and will result in loosening the up the middle for either of them to hit the crease and get down field for big plays.

3. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Excellent, thank you for reporting. Much appreciated.

Now, that's all way better than anything we had going last year, so I'm a happy guy.

4. JeRSeY KiD 3

JeRSeY KiD 3 New Member

Scikotics, your avatar is Michael Pittman, not Thomas Jones FYI.

5. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

well we got leon for big runs. we need thomas to pound on defenses

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The Jets have had a goopd relationship w/ Drew Rosenhaus in the past. I know we have a new GM but Tannenmbaum was always negotiating contracts anyway so don't think we'llhave problems working w/ him.

7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Sounds good with the exception that he's unable to break tackles. This was the problem we had last year with Leon. 2 finesse backs will not get the job done imo. We still need a bruiser. Jones featured, Leon 3rd, and a mauler.

8. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

well actually hate to break it to you queensbearsfan

but from how you described Jones, he sounds just like curtis martin a few years back...

To recap, Jones pro's are good cutback ability, good perimeter runner, good pass protection, and rarely fumbles. Also a great locker room guy, provided he's not bitching about a contract extension and holding out. He'll get teammates to come together.

Jone's con's are boom or bust type runner. Also, not extremely fast in open field. Will drive you crazy with his desire to avoid contact. Also, for such a big player he's top heavy, meaning most of his weight is distributed in his upper body (chest, arms). That means he's got a poor center of gravity and will almost always go down on the first arm tackle. For a guy with such big guns, rarely if ever will he give a stiff arm. The thing that drove Bears fans nuts was his inability to break tackles. Also, if you're expecting a move-the-pile type back, it's not going to happen. THE FIRST TACKLER always brings him down.

Curtis is famous for his 3-5 yard carries, hardly ever anything more, but plenty less. he caught the ball well, blocked well and never stiff armed and never broke more than 2 tackles a play.. but he always got the job done when it counted...

so if jones is the second coming of Curtis Martin sign me up it's the deal of the Century !

9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing as I read that. Would be a great deal if it works out that way.

10. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Whilst they may appear the same in stature that where the simularity stops , whereas Leon is quite an elusive runner , there is an element of power running behind Thomas game. To me he plays alot bigger than he is.

I love fans videos, loads of atmosphere:up:
    Goal line TD Jones
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuuCGXJHPTI&NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3T68j6EfZ0

I wonder who the guy in the middle is firing everyone up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3T68j6EfZ0

I think there may be a chance that we will see double back sets used alot especially if we don't land the TE that we are apparently in need of.

11. Jetsman5137

Jetsman5137 New Member

trust in tangini!

12. kevin68

kevin68 New Member

I saw the games and I really loved the Energy he brought to his team. He might bring a new Energy level to this Offense