Thomas Jones traded to the Jets...Deal Complete (Merged 5X)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hydro51, Mar 5, 2007.

1. teedee83

teedee83 New Member

I don't think the Jets will have a problem signing him. Tannabaum? is too smart to let this get out before he was sure he had it locked up. What kind of contract do you think he will get and/or he is worth?

2. JeRSeY KiD 3

JeRSeY KiD 3 New Member

The jacked guy for the Bucs in that picture is Michael Pittman.

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I can't imagine they wouldn't be able to sign T. Jones to a contract extension. The Bears official site has posted an article about the trade.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?STORY_ID=3139

Bears working on trading Jones to Jets
    By Larry Mayer

[​IMG]
    It appears that Thomas Jones is headed to the New York Jets.

LAKE FOREST, Ill. – As of Monday night, the Bears were working to finalize a trade that would send running back Thomas Jones and their second-round draft pick (No. 63 overall) to the New York Jets in exchange for their second-round draft pick (No. 37 overall).

The deal is contingent on Jones agreeing to a contract extension and passing a physical with the Jets on Tuesday. The seven-year veteran rushed for 3,493 yards and 22 touchdowns on 850 carries in three seasons in Chicago. He currently has one year remaining on a four-year deal.

According to a chart used by NFL teams that assigns a numerical value to every pick in the draft, moving up 26 slots in the second round of the draft as the Bears are attempting to do is equivalent to gaining an additional low second-round or high third-round selection.

The trade is a sign that the Bears feel that Cedric Benson is ready to take over as the team’s No. 1 back. Sharing the workload with Jones in 2006, Benson showed flashes of what the Bears envisioned when they selected him with the fourth overall pick in the 2005 draft out of Texas.

Benson emerged during the second half of the season, rushing for 432 of his 647 yards in the final seven games. He capped the regular season with the first 100-yard game of his career, gaining 109 yards on 13 carries in a Sunday night loss to the Green Bay Packers.

4. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

its thomas jones... trust me man ... TJ was juiced up when he was with TB and Pittmans arms are riddled with tattoos. And if ya look the first number is clearly a 2.

5. The Green Dude

Well I think we are going to purposely fail his physical and sign Barlow again :lol: What ever happened to poor ole Lee Suggs...

6. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

Ill stick with my avy after the BE tourny :wink:

7. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

From a value perspective, this was a great deal. My only question is, what is his price tag?

Does he get Ahman Green money? Travis Henry money? Somewhere in between (my guess). $5 year $25mil with $13mil guaranteed (Henry got $12mil in guarantees)?

8. The Green Dude

I lost a bet... im a Cuse fan through and through

9. GreenMachine

No it is not.:up:

10. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

GreenMachine is right its is Jones, we have had this argument before in another thread. Be happy that beast is a Jet!

11. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

oh lol, good to hear.

12. JeRSeY KiD 3

JeRSeY KiD 3 New Member

Guys, that picture is Michael Pittman, I know for a fact.

13. The Green Dude

we went through this like 1000 times man... look at the number... 22... no tattoos... its TJ

14. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

How about this fantastic deal the jets just pulled of?... who cares who this is and that is. It could be my brother forall i care.
    This was a great trade be tanni and the jets dropping from top to bootom of the second and gettting an all pro calliber back.
    WHat a hiest!!!!!

15. GreenMachine

http://www.widewordofsports.com/images-thomas%20jones2.JPG

Did he change his # to 22?

Or just have his tattoos removed?
    [​IMG]

16. The Green Dude

this calls for that Dave Chappelle skit.... Were goin to cancun for Spring Break BEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

17. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

I love this pick up!!!!!

The better the competition at running back, the better Leon is going to be!!!

This confirms Leon's 1000 yard season next season and having the starting job before season's end!!!

Call me a homer; I call me a prophet.:up:

18. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

i would love to see both of them run for 1,000 yards

19. GreenMachine

February 23, 2007, 10:16 PM CST

INDIANAPOLIS -- Whether it was wishful thinking or denial, coach Lovie Smith expressed support for running back Thomas Jones a day after general manager Jerry Angelo intimated Jones had requested a trade. Smith evaded a question about whether Jones would return under the same conditions of sharing the load with Cedric Benson.

"I would definitely expect Thomas Jones to be a Bear next [season]," Smith said. "Thomas has been one of our leaders, had an outstanding season. I like what we were able to do at the running back position, of course play Thomas as our starter."

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

...and it gets better. To entice Jones to sign with the NY Jets, Tanni waived the standard NFL "Cheerleader Exclusion Clause". Jones now has access to any Jet Cheerleader of his choice. Jones was so impressed with this jester he signed a 5 year, $1M contract on the spot. Can't wait to see the look on his face when he shows up to camp and finds out we aint got any cheerleaders!!!! hahaha.

Laugh damit!!!