Well just to finish pissing you off (Patriots land Thomas)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hydro51, Mar 2, 2007.

1. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

God dammit! I wanted Thomas or Porter BADLY! And now it's even worse because the pats have him.

2. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

It's not Woody's money that's sitting and collecting interest...it's my money.

3. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

still no signings, huh?? lol

4. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

We BEST get porter now. I really have serious faith the jets will land porter. They tried to trade for him before he was released so they obviously are showing serious interest for them. Considering all this trade talk that the jets have been involved in, i could most definitely see the jets trading up in the draft to get a guy like Carriker. Bring in Porter, draft Carriker and we'll also be a pretty good defense. Let's cross our fingers that Adalius sees the light and either A) doesn't sign with the pats and accepts a last minute offer from another team or B) forces the pats to break the back for him.

5. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

well said....i agree...lets look to build from within and the draft and try and add a FA that works for us if so....

have faith!!!!!!!!!!

6. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath. Jets have no interest in any FA that costs big money. They'd rather the Pats scoop up all the stars while they sign a couple of backups. Then they wonder why they can't beat the Pats.

7. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Then go root for the Patriots, you pansy.

8. #28Martin

Easy there tough guy

9. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

He's right, we just don't want to face reality.

10. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

So the ONE time New England signs a free agent, it's "They'd rather the Pats scoop up all the stars."

Since when is Adalius Thomas plural?

How many players has New England lost and STILL they win? They made a splash, a good one at that...But now all of a sudden it's they scoop up the stars while the Jets watch...

Hilarious.

11. #28Martin

They sign or trade for plenty of big guys,,, Colvin was a big signing a couple of years ago. Corey Dillon? Rodney Harrison?

12. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Colvin was what? 3 years ago and his 1st year he missed the entire season, now he is contributing well...

They traded for Dillon and that worked.

Harrison has been fine, but has been injured the last two seasons, F'd up knee.

Plenty of big guys? Go crawl in a hole. Adalius is a major pickup no doubt...But don't try this "The Pats get all the stars." bullshit...They've let go more good players than they have picked up.

13. #28Martin

Go crawl in a hole? Who the F are you?

14. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I'm EcKo. Who are you?

15. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

People really have to settle down with the signing of FA's. I realize that we didn't sign anyone big today but remember that it is only the first day of the FA period. There are plenty of other good people left. For example, I think it was two years ago that we picked up Pete Kendell around the time training camp started. How did that pickup work out? He is still on our O-Line today and is a leader. The first day of FA is reserved for teams who want to spend most of their cap room on one player. What I learned from last year is that Mangini and Tenny don't want to do that. They would rather take a flier on a different player and hope he works out. And to tell you the truth, I trust him. We went from a 4 win team to a 10 win team so I won't question their decision to not give Clements 10 million dollars a year.

16. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

And he hasn't won a Super Bowl since Weiss and Crennel left. Granted, he's won one more recently than the Jets hsbr, but I think a little of the bloom is off the rose with the Pats. I equate them to the Yankees: kicked ass over a four to five year stretch, only to fail to reach the pinnacle again. The chemistry the Yankees used to have with O'Neill, Martinez, Pettite, Brosius was never duplicated after those players left, even though the team continued to contend on a yearly basis. Bruschi is a goner. Harrison isn't the player he used to be. Samuel's pissed at the organization for tagging him. Troy Brown is going to retire. You get the idea.

17. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

I'm with you. Colvin and Thomas on the edge is a NASTY combo. If we don't address that RT void with a decent talent, Chad is going to be on his back a lot.

18. Big Cotch

Big Cotch Banned

In all fairness, you can't just take the 1 signing like that which worked out- for that 1 that worked, there was also conway, D abraham, mcglocton, tongue, legree, pope, fiedler, barlow, ramsey, blaylock, kimo, teague, etc. Every one of those was just BLOWN money, that could have gone to signing 3-4 superstars who would have still been on the team.

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Do not even argue. You've read his posts, that would be like trying to block the wind with a screen door.

20. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

You do realize that for every "superstar" that works out there are some that don't. When you sign a superstar player you are commiting the future of your franchise to the fact that this player will be great for years to come. There have been many times in the past when various teams have made big signing of "superstar" players and it has come back to bite them.

Plus, you can look over the FA signings of any team and see plentry of mistakes. That is just the nature of the league. There are some players that work out and some that don't.