Well just to finish pissing you off (Patriots land Thomas)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hydro51, Mar 2, 2007.

1. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

dont get smart:grin: i was talking about last years crop of bottom feeders

2. falcon4e

falcon4e Member

I think he'd be a good pick up..but I agree with most.. I just don't think they'll sign him.

3. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

:sad: :sad: :sad:

its like clockwork every year for jet fans.

#63 -MC-, Mar 2, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  4. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

niners just sign michael lewis too

5. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Should I add another slit in my wrist because of that, too?

6. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Hydro...I can't remember feeling you so emotional !!!! Its' all good.:wink:

Does make me wonder also. Kassell & Chatham shouldn't even make the team this year. Aside from Dyson & RT Clements.....All Jets' FA signings were bums. Thats why all the focus was on the drafted rookies & never on the FA signings. This off-season will give all fans a better view of whats really going on in Jets-land. This will most definitely push Tangini to move his fatt butt & get on with improving his team...Cause the rest of his division is already on the move. You will now see a push for Joey Porter.

I still have faith in Tangini. The facts remains...he is quick to identify teams weakness' & fix them. That is a talent by itself. Jets' ain't going nowhere this season anyway. THey over-achieved due to a weak sked. Facing a much tougher sked this season...Jets' will be lucky to win 6 games. There probally better off trading down & trying to accumulate more draft picks for next season. This FA class is weak & this years draft is also weak. Try to stack-up for next season. Thats' the Jets' best move. They'll be picking in the top 15 next season.

We get to see if players want to play for Tangini ? That's always a good & big question...

7. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Guys, clearly the NFL landscape has changed this season with the increase in the salary cap. Couple that with the lack of quality talent in the FA pool and that is why you have the big dollar signings like we had today.

Unfortunately, with ever increasing revenue sources, the cap will keep going up (already slated to go up $7mm next year). I really don't think a signing like Thomas or Clements will hurt the Pats or 49ers down the road.

The Jets needed to fill at least one hole through FA (RB/CB/DT/OLB/OG/OT). It really doesn't look like they are going to get any starter that is better than average at OG/OT/CB.

Let's see if they sign a lesser CB (Hood), RB (Travis Henry), DT (who knows) or OLB (please no Banta-Cain). While I still have faith in the "regime", I am disappointed they didn't sign a OT/OG today. Thomas and Clements got crazy money and 30 other teams didn't sign them either. With Thomas it is just much much worse because he went to the Patriots.

8. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I really hope this isn't Woodrow being a cheap-ass fizzuck

9. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

nope just saying thats a nice boost for there secondary. i still prefer hamlin though.

10. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Last year Minnesota was the big dog in free agency....how'd that work out?
    The year before it was Oakland...how'd that work out?
    The last few years before that it was Washington...how'd that work out?

Indy won the SB this year...what stud FA did they bring in?
    Pittsburgh won the SB last year....what stud FA did they bring in?
    NE won the SB the year before...what stud FA did they bring in?

11. falcon4e

falcon4e Member

I've read the same rumors everyone else has.. the Jets wanting to move up in the draft.. Jets looking at Mike Turner.. the rebuilding process will be a long one. I think it will be longer than most think.. Mangini will find a way to piece together a good competitive roster with a look towards the future.

12. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

This is how sharp Bellichek is....Not only have they signed the best defensive FA, but they also have 2 #1 picks in this years draft. Thats why Bellichek is "THE MAN". Gotta give him his props..:wink:

13. zoostation

zoostation New Member

That's a huge signing. They would have won the superbowl if their LB crew wasn't banged up and the DB's were healthy.

14. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

I'm guessing he means recently...

And if the Jets let Dielmann get signed somewhere else, I'll shave my pubes, and make images of it as my Avatar

15. falcon4e

falcon4e Member

I've always given Belichick the props. I respect the Pats.. I hate them.. but I respect them. I respect the system. They know if they stopped Manning just one time in that second half.. they probably would've won another Super Bowl. What do they do? They go out and make a splash. A splash is supposedly "uncharacteristic." They let go people at the right time.. the Ty Laws of the world etc.. they franchised Asante Samuel.. they know what they are doing.. but I trust that Mangini was with Belichick for long enough to learn the tricks of the trade.

16. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

i guess you better be prepared to shave

17. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

haha you seem awfully excited to see his pubes on his avatar

18. zoostation

zoostation New Member

Or really one more first down on offense and they win the SB

19. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

lmfao......

20. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

The whole "spending in free agency = failure" argument isn't quite valid. The three teams you mention as big spenders all have one major issue; they have bad QB play. Two of the last three teams to win the SB have the two best QBs in the NFL, and Roethlisberger played very well in the postseason for Pittsburgh (although Pittsburgh also had a great running attack and amazing defense).

Spending money on one big player like Adalius Thomas or Joey Porter isn't a bad thing. As long as you stick to your philosiphy of building mainly through the draft (which the first three teams didn't do either, although their failures are more due to QB play like I mentioned), you can spend big money on a free agent or two.