Chad Pennington Update

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by penny10jet, Feb 23, 2007.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I would love to meet Chad, or any Jets player for that matter.

Cool story penny10jet! Must have been great walking in the room to see Chad just sitting there.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets head coach Eric Mangini has said QB Chad Pennington is the team's starting quarterback for the 2007 season heading into training camp. "Chad has done an outstanding job and he'll be the starter moving into camp," Mangini said.

Glad to hear this also.

3. ChadisGoldenBoy

ChadisGoldenBoy New Member

There's really no one can dislike Chad as a person, some might question his talent at times (although you are all crazy), but as a fan he is unbelievable to have on our team.

4. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Cool story....

5. jcjet

jcjet Member

nice story, thanks for sharing

6. Gator

Gator Active Member

I don't know whay it's even an issue. All the QB competition threads are ridiculous. Ater going 10-6 and winning a road playoff game, Jets were 4-12 without Chad. He comes back and they are 10-6 with a mediocre to decent defense and a mediocre running game. Fix the defense and running game. Does Chad have a big arm? No, we know that, but he does enough other things really well to make him a fine QB. Sometimes you get to a playoff game and you are going to have to run the ball or play really great defense to win. Look at the Indy @ Baltimore playoff game.

Get a nose tackle, a LBer, a feature back and another O-lineman.

7. Allentown Ernie

What a great story, Chad is a champ in my eyes. I can't wait till next year, with an off season of strength training he will fire the ball better than ever. Damn, the off season sucks. Allentown Ernie.

8. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Ummm, no. I am not convinced that Mangini is sold on Pennington at all. All the latest statements have done is remove one potential distraction from the next few month of player activities. There WILL be a competition and it is not a foregone conclusion that Penny will win. Clemens has a very realistic chance at starting next year from day 1.

9. johnnysd

Chad had a bit to do with us improving form 4-12, but it had much more to do with better overall team coaching, a much improved OL, the emergence of Cotchery and Leon Washington, and better discipline and clock management than Chad. He won us, at most, 1 or 2 games last year, and he threw away a couple as well. Chad, who I do like, has to be the most overrated Jet by Jets fans EVER. He is purely mediocre now.

10. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Yeah - it was a big joke how he blew the competiton away and earned the job without a doubt. How would you have rather seen win the job? And how did they deserve it? If you tell me you would have rather had Ramsey or a rookie as the QB, you just don't know what you are talking about. I thought it was a joke that the other QBs took so much time away from Pennington working with the first string when it was obvious he would be the starter after about an hour of training camp.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

1 or 2 games?

Without Chad, the Jets would of had Clemens or Ramsey at QB most likely.

The team would of been 5-11 to 6-10 at best.

12. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

i feel pretty confident that chad will be our starter and barring injury will start 16 games....i just have nothing but admiration and the deepest respect for the guy....

13. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

1 or 2 games?

We couldn't run the ball, we couldn't stop the run, how do you think we won games?

It wasn't all Chad, but he was a huge part of it. I mean, even if you don't like Chad, I don't see how people can deny he's a huge upgrade over Brooks Bollinger and Vinny.

14. johnnysd

Can't agree. He threw as much TDs as interceptions. He threw many more that should have been intercepted. (All QBs do this, but Chad was really bad at this last year) He threw underneath almost exclusively, and routinely hung the receivers out to dry. Coles is lucky he survived. What did he do that was so great? He started with 2 solid games and was awesome in the first half of the Green Bay game. I just do not think he was a difference maker on any level, I just do not see it. We had a great scheme on offense, and we kept teams off balance, but I think any competent QB with half a brain could have run the plays that Chad did. He never stretched the field, and I believe limited what Schott could do. The reality is that we won with discipline, hard work and effort across the boards. Our special teams was terrific, and Smith and Wright made huge contibutions in coverage, and with Miller's returns we had a huge amount of hidden yards and a big advantage game to game in field position. We were 4-12 last year and 10-6, and some people want to put that all on Chad's shoulders. But it must be a mystical thing to be true, because his play on the field was certainly not the reason he was average to slightly above average overall. No better. We would have won 8 games with Clemens in there at least, in my opinion. Chad is unbelievably overrated by many Jets fans.

15. BenGrahamFan

BenGrahamFan Member

"I think Chad did a great job,?? Mangini continued. ``Like with every position, we?re going to evaluate it as we go. But I really believe in Chad. I just think as a core philosophy, that?s what we believe in. In terms of competition, this is no statement one way or the other, but I believe in competition. Furthermore, I really like what Chad did and who he is.??

http://jets.lohudblogs.com/2007/02/23/stop-the-presses/

16. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

This is really a non issue, it never has been an issue except for a few people on here who can't get their head around what it takes to be a winning QB. This coaching staff made the right decision last year and it paid off for them, I'm confident they will make the best decisions for us to be successful this coming year, too--at QB and every other position.

17. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

One Time I hung out with Wayne Gretzky for an entire afternoon too.

That is the biggest Phantom story I have ever heard.

18. JonathonVilmaPwnsnub

Im thinking about going down there for Tennis. Is it worth it training down there?

19. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

WHat are you training for that gets you access to the same facilities as Chad?

20. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

I was training for tennis. I dont know if you know anything about tennis but also in the training room were Max Mirnyi, Nicole Vadasova(sp?), and Donold Young