New Jets/giants Stadium

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Jan 27, 2007.

1. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

I just read that the New Stadium for us is now projected to cost about 1.4 billion dollars. now my point is here why on earth wouldnt we just get our own stadium in the first place. now that we are kinda of tied into a 100 year contract they could just renegiotiate our contract and put the price for what ever they want it to be.

I mean new york jets stands for new york why do we have to travel all the way to new jersey to see a new york game. Right now we im guessing seem to split the bill at about 700 million a piece so if our stadium was project to be about 600 million to about 1.3 million why wouldnt we just get our own. Im tired of going into Giants stadium and the seats painted blue and red. We needed something we could call our own and not shared with the Giants.

I didnt matter where in new york they put the stadium just as long as it wasnt in new jersey. its kinda unfair to people or should i say new york jets fans who can't travel all the way to nj to enjoy a game. Are there any loop holes you think where we could back out of the deal and get our own or is it to late????

2. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

all the way to new jersey?? it's just as unfair to put it in nyc then for all the new jersey fans...just because the name says new york doesn't mean that it's not our team too, especially since its been in nj for so long

3. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

this is such a stupid response....everyone knows the largest Jets fan base is on LI. That's where the stadium belongs.

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Have no idea where you get your info from but according to the NYJs tix office NJ is the winner since NJ residents hold a majority of the season tix.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

1.4 billion and you can't even get a freakin retractable dome OR a future Super Bowl. What a waste of money!! I see construction companies are taking both Teams to the cleaners on this one..

6. championjets69

#6 championjets69, Jan 27, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  7. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

This has to be the only two franchises that says a different name from the state they play in. Now that we have this 100 year contract now its soght of like well we forgot to tell you about this over here the technicalities. And if were suck in that situation why not get a retractable roof for superbowl hopefuls

8. Jetsman5137

Jetsman5137 New Member

Well wouldnt this one be equally owned by both teams and not mostly by the Giants? Its still not cool to have our own stadium but its a start. I dont mind where the stadium is, I just would like our own.

9. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

This whole stadium thing has pissed me off since the day I heard the Dolan Group would be able to push around politicians, Developers, and the City of New York. The cost of this kind of project always sky rockets beyond what they initially say. With the beginning of construction of the Freedom tower and the world trade center area, we can all forget about the dream of having a Stadium in New York for a long time! Plus I think Johnson’s the kind of owner that injects his money into a team or project and wants it to return investment (Duh like any business man) I don’t see him over extending himself for a project like that ,which any person involved would more then likely have to.

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

the Washington Redskins play there home games in Maryland.. I'm sure there are others, look it up...

11. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

I'm from NJ but I think the Jets ancesteral home is in LI. If and when they do get a stadium, it should be in LI. I wouldn't mind it being out there and It would mean a lot more to old time fans and give something for young guys to attach onto. Something to call their own.

My unlce used to tell me about the shea days and what not, and it just seemed so much better than now, because it was a true home. Giants stadium is nice and we've done a nice job staking a claim and making it a temporary home, but we need to go back to our real home in LI.

My two cents.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Not gonna happen!! This stadium in NJ is a done deal and made the most sense to every party involved. I'm looking foward to the new stadium.

13. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

You miss 1 point.. well 2

1) NY Jets means NY Metro area, which NY, NJ and Long Island are all part of. The Redskins do not play in DC (Landover, MD), the Bills do not play in Buffalo, Dallas does not play in Dallas, etc.

2) If we were building the stadium ourselves, it was not going to cost 600M. We'd have the same construction overruns. To think because it's for 2 teams it would cost 2X the amount is silly. 1st, the land was FREE.. huge savings. Second, a lot of the infrastructure was split in half. There was a big savings doing this.

14. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

With each and every news article on the progress of the new stadium, we're going to get these same threads over and over again. When they break ground, it'll be, "How come this isn't in NY?" When they pour the concrete, it'll be, "Why are we sharing a stadium?"

Every single objection that anyone can possibly conjur has already been discussed here ad nauseum since last spring. There won't be one topic that's new, they'll all be rehashes of the same old thing.

It's absolutely absurd. It's almost like some of these people had been hibernating on Mars somewhere and arrived last week. All of a sudden, this is brand new news just because somebody publishes an article on some facet of the construction, and then the entire subject gets rehashed again and again with the same old, worn-out objections. "How come it can't be in Manhatten?" "What's wrong with Queens?"

I mean, seriously folks, where have you been for the last year or so?

15. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Blame the NYers and their politicians.... don't blame the Jets. Remember, Woody put a lot of money into trying to get the Jets back to NY.

16. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Why is everyone cryin about the location. Its in the greater NY. Its only 6 miles (I believe) to midtown. Long Island is farther away. Its not like the jets are moving to NJ, they have been there for over 20 years!

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

My only beef with all this money being spent is the lack of a retractable dome. An open air ballpark means No SuperBowls EVER. It means fans have to freeze their collective asses off in the Winter or worse yet, get soaked in a driving rain storm.

You'd think for 1.4Billion dollars, the very least we would get for that kind of money would be a ballpark unequaled anywhere in the United States but nooooo, we get just another open air ballpark with 200 some odd luxury boxes for the rich and famous.

Well, you can thank the Dolans and their bought and paid for New York City politicians for this situation. Both teams are paying prime money for "just another open air ballpark".

I hope the Mets and Yankees take a lesson from this fiasco and don't get ripped off like this.

18. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

In economics theres this thing called "all things being equal"

In that vein "all things being equal" I think the stadium should be in queens our ancestral home; however in the real world, all things are not equal meaning the management is going to make the best economical descision, which is to split the cost and use a mutual stadium. In the long run it makes tremendous business sense. You need highways, rails, acess, land, supplies, space, and everything else, and that is most plentiful in NJ and thats where they've decided to put it.

19. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

I agree 100% in terms of the roof. NJ wanted it, and Corzine (for as much as I hate him) tried to force it on the teams. They won't do it, instead building a stadium that can be fitted for a roof in case it's needed.

Why in gods name can't they build a roof in and just not close it for football games? Or, build one like Texas Stadium has, and leave the hole open for games, closing it for things like concerts, etc.

20. championjets69

Well this one is 1/2 ours which is better then zero where we are now