Devante Adams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrowningNagle, Oct 1, 2024.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I guess I can't get out of my head that a month ago there were a bunch of people here talking like that.

2. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Agree fully. Not absolving Rodgers of any blame at all, he's clearly either not putting in the time or just alienating guys with his eye rolling attitude. But potato po-tah-to, regardless of the reason, we need somebody who's going to be where he expects them to be. The Jets always do things backwards, so as always, we are left hoping things work out rather than watching them set the groundwork for it to do so.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Two weeks ago Lazard was not where Rodgers expected him to be and they had played in a game together 7 days before. It is now 1379 days since Rodgers and Adams played a game together - let the chips fall where they may.

4. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Acad23 likes this.
  5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The things is, we have a possible solution for OT already in Olu. It's true, he hasn't exactly looked amazing, but there was some potential there, and LT is his natural spot. The tape also shows that while the line overall did look like shit when he played, mostly he wasn't the culprit. He was #11 overall pick and one of the best OT prospects in the draft, it might be worth giving him a shot at LT. No one is trading an OT at this stage who is better than Olu.

As far as DT, I agree with you there, we need to bring someone, and there may be an opportunity to do so. However, usually these trades happen a little closer to the trading deadline. If we can win a couple of games and are still in it by the trading deadline, I definitely want to see JD pull the trigger.

This however does not negate the positives from the opportunity the Jets took to get Davante now. Is it too little too late? Will he be enough to get us next couple of games? These are all valid questions. But what to me is unquestionable is that we got better with Davante, we got him early (only one other trade occurred so far in NFL in season) and he might be the difference between W and a L in the coming games. We also paid what I consider slightly above fair price, but not too far off. So, multiple things can be true: we still need to improve DL via trade, we should improve the OL in near future by perhaps replacing Smith with Olu, and also we got better by adding a good player at the position of another need, and did so early in the in season trading process.

Vida likes this.
  6. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Rodgers and the Jets offense has looked best when Rodgers spreads the ball around to multiple receivers.

Just throw it to the open man please instead of force feeding the ball to this guy or that guy.

I don't give a rat's behind if this WR or that WR has 150 catches for ___ yards and ____ TDs and goes to the Pro Bowl or is All Pro.

I just want to see this team CONSISTANTLY move the chains and score points.

LAJet and Ralebird like this.
  7. letsgojets2819

letsgojets2819 Active Member

Do we have any draft picks left to trade for our next offensive savior? 15 points scored with this stud

8. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Yeah what would we have done without him?
    Jets are cooked. THat 0-4 run was the season and all the Adams trade did was keep them in the headlnes for another week.

sackexchange likes this.
  9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Didn’t want this trade then and certainly don’t want it now.

10. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Didn't need him.

Ralebird likes this.
  11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He's not butt buddies with Lord Aaron.

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Adams is part of the smoke and mirrors con the owner AR the GM and CS are using to schill the fans for a change

Rogers is cooked and him and Devante are more no show than All Pro

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Steelers wanted him too.

15. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

We should trade Lizard to the bucs just to piss off AR