The Season Comes Down to two things

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WoodyHarrelson, Oct 17, 2024 at 11:20 AM.

1. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

In my opinion, it comes down to 2 issues:
    1. Beat Pitt on Sunday. Not sure if 2-5 is a hole we can come out of, would need a lot of luck and to beat Texans and go on a tear. You just can't win every NFL game, seems like odds would not be in our favor.
    2. Reddick....hear me out. This is 20+mm of team salary missing, DL salary missing. We can all agree JD messed up letting JFM, Jefferson, Rankins, whoever all go. We banked on a 3 man DE rotation of mcd+JJ+reddick...now that 2/3 aren't playing, our DE depth has been awful and McDonald is too light vs the run. Coupled with the fact our DT's have been a major downgrades from the guys above (excluding team captain Quinnen) who has been bad this year. But if this was JD's plan, he needs to salvage reddick. Either trade him for a SSDE or good DT or sign him. Our DL may be the downfall of this team. It's a major major weakness. Honestly shocked Russell Wilson is getting the nod this week.

2. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Probably gotta win 8 of the remaining 11 games. Pretty tough road. I'd say practically impossible (though not mathematically impossible) if the Jets lose Sunday night.

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

7-4 gets them in with the right tie breakers (Indy + Pitt)

Season probably comes down to those 2x Miami games though if I had to guess.

4. WoodyHarrelson

If we somehow beat Pitt, this Reddick situation needs to be cleared before the end of the bye...

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We've been here lots. Lets see what the same ol Jets playbook calls for:

We will lose to Pitt, and then go on a tear to finish 9-8, just enough to miss the WC and blow a good draft position. We hire a rookie HC, and Woody pounds the table to trade up for a media darling QB whose development we will set back 5 years.

6. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

7. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

You're right--the season comes down to two things:

1. Cut Greg Zuerlein
    2. Cut Tyron Smith

Smith is awful. How many sacks and pressures has he already allowed????
    And without his holding penalty on the TD run, Zuerlein wouldn't had the chance to miss a FG, just an extra point.

8. WoodyHarrelson

Ok, so we spent our first round pick on a LT. If he can’t perform, that’s an issue too. Another Joe D classic?

9. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I thought you had written Brad Pitt. I was excited for a second. Who else could save the season but hollywoods leading man.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

One glimpse at Brad Pitt's jaw line would turn Woody Johnson into a quivering mess. He was so intimidated by Rodgers that he tried to shrivel away from shaking his hand at the intro presser and he had to be told to shake his hand, then he kind of cowered over to him like Igor and I'm sure he offered a limp, damp jellyfish version of a handshake.

I would be interested in knowing how many occasions since the Rodgers trade that he and Woody have stood in the same room.

#10 abyzmul, Oct 17, 2024 at 7:39 PM
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2024 at 7:49 PM
  11. letsgojets2819

letsgojets2819 Active Member

The Jets remaining schedule is pretty easy probally one of the easiest in the nfl, but it's the Jets so they will get on a roll and on the final game of the season in a must win game they won't showup and commit 29 penalties and drop every pass. All kidding aside if they lose the next game season is over, and we need to blow the team up and start over. We can get so much draft capital for the next gm by blowing the team up.

#11 letsgojets2819, Oct 17, 2024 at 10:05 PM
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2024 at 10:21 PM
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Just stick a huge Lite Brite in Hackett's booth right before the game.