Shedeur Sanders

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 14, 2024 at 3:55 PM.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I know a lot of people like to find ways to knock Shedeur based on the supposed cockiness or attitude off the field but he’s truly the real deal IMO. He’s the only QB worth a first round pick at this point with Beck as a fringe late first rounder.

Shedeur has a great arm, great escapability with the sense to keep his eyes down field, and he’s very accurate. He also has a knack for making big plays.

I think the off the field stuff is really overblown too. I mean Deion’s raised good kids that don’t get in trouble. They just have a bravado obviously.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't see it with Sanders. He's a very good college QB, but if you want to succeed in the NFL these days without any dual threat ability, you need to be out of this world good, which he's not. If he weren't Deion's son and getting all the attention that goes with it, I don't think he'd be at the top of QB big boards.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Eh, he’s plenty athletic though. He just doesn’t run the ball.

So that begs the question - do you need to see a lot of runs in college if you know the player is athletic enough to pickup yards in the NFL?

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I think you need to see something. Stroud didn't run much in college, but he showed that when he wanted to, he could. I'm not convinced Sanders can do it in the NFL.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Stroud basically didn’t run his entire career until the Georgia CFP game. I actually think Stroud’s a pretty good comparison to Shedeur. Just a bit of a bigger arm for Stroud.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I like him, I think he'll probably make a faster transition to the pro game than a lot of players. I also think Deion would fight to the limits of his ability to avoid his son being drafted by the Jets. He doesn't want his blood associated with that.

7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Want nothing to do with Sanders. He's no Jayden Daniels that's for damn sure.

The Jets need to hire a proven leader first like Pete Carroll and he'll gut the hell out of this franchise and build it the right way. He'll start with the O and D lines and go from there.

Next year they finish with worst record in the league under Pete and then they draft Arch Manning to lead us to a decade plus of competitive playoff football.

The end.

8. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

I wouldn't touch that one with a 10-foot pole. You don't want Deion to run his mouth about the Jets 24/7 and be a constant distraction.

Leicester Jet likes this.