Sell The Team Woody!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 15, 2024 at 7:52 AM.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Last night 7 New York Metro area teams played their games in 4 major sports. 6 of those teams won and only the Jets lost their game.

Yankees and Mets won their LCS games.
    Devils, Rangers and Islanders won their regular season games.

So fitting. As long as Woody owns the team we are not going anywhere. Yes the coaches aren't good, players are dumb and old, GM is not good but those are beyond the point.

We have an ownership problem. A trust fund baby who never had to work hard for even 1 day has no idea how to manage a billion dollar team.

We are on our way to 15th season of missing the playoffs and a new GM or a new HC won't excite me anymore. As long as Woody is the owner, we are not going anywhere unfortunately.

jixxjr, papapump, Baumeister and 4 others like this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Too bad the NFL Owners will keep Woody Johnson exactly where he is. God forbid the Jets actually hire someone that knows WTF they're doing to run the show. They won't stand for it especially the Giants.

papapump and barfolomew like this.
  3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Woody's not going anywhere. As long as he's here, the rest of the league has a slightly higher chance to win the Super Bowl. That percentage goes down if Woody sells the team.

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Woody just wants to be a part of the cool kids club by owning a team. He doesn't care if the team does well. He doesn't care if he knows what he's doing. Like the company he keeps, it's style over substance.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

5. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

We need to get JD out of here. Retaining him after this season is going to set back the much-needed rebuild by another few years. Woody is a moron but he's also a coward. If the fans are clamoring for JD to be fired loudly enough, there's a chance Woody folds and does it.

Ralebird and HomeoftheJets like this.
  6. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Keeping him in the GM role now is setting back the rebuild. We just gave up a third round pick for an injured, aging WR. This after literally giving the Eagles a third round pick for an early Christmas present. So, no third rounder next year or the year after. Maybe next up on the docket is to trade a 2nd or a 1st for Deshaun Watson.

7. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I know it would take a lot of work, time, and likely would not succeed, but I am absolutely willing to be part of some sort of petition and movement that forces this guy to sell the team and take his profit and go.

If we can get enough people involved, get it to be something that would be on the news and makes enough of a stink, he may be in a position where he sells. It would take years probably, and it would take a lot of dedication, and probably wouldn't be successful, but I'm willing to try.

I need an outlet for my anger and frustration.

8. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

How does this team still make money?
    Woody will only sell if he starts taking a hit there

9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

You got a plane?

The_Darksider likes this.
  10. The_Darksider

Lol flying over the stadium with a plane is not going to work this time. This would have to be a serious grassroots effort where we get hundreds of thousands, if not millions, on board and constantly do things to get ourselves in the news. We need to embarrass him at a very high public level.

But I would absolutely look to hire one if that can be the coup de gras!

JetsNation06 likes this.
  11. The_Darksider

Problem is, he doesn't care or know anything until he feels the team is a public laughingstock in which case he gets involved and blows everything up. Either with a firecracker or a stick of dynamite, but he always manages to screw things up with impulsive reactions to fan backlash.

stinkyB likes this.
  12. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I'm so onboard with this. No pun intended.

13. The_Darksider

Me too. I'm not kidding at all. Awesomeness, all we need is about 998,000 more just to get on the outer reaches of the radar.

14. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

The Jets are your outlet. If the Jets were making you happy where would all that anger go? Your wife, kids, friends and family, your dog…? We all have anger and we all need a place to process it and release it in a healthy manner. The Jets have boldly stepped up and owned that role for you, for us all. We have something we can truly be angry at, justifiably so, and now we can keep channeling it in a healthy way- directed at the entire franchise. Just think, all the “FU’s”, all the “go jump off a bridge and die!”, all the hopes their plane just crashes into the side of a mountain with Woody and the entire crew…. That anger goes elsewhere. Hell, I bet there’s tons of dysfunctional families in New England because all these happy fans had to turn their anger to different targets.

15. The_Darksider

Nice try. There's the gym for that. Lol

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Woody and his team are too valuable in their role as League Trollop to shake things up. Woody gets paid well for his team to suck. 9th most valuable franchise on the planet, regardless of sports.

17. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

You can't force owners to sell.

The Redskins and Clippers and Panthers things are outliers.

Stop with this internet trope that bad owners can just get ousted.

It's not a thing. This is so stupid.

18. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You know, I think he wants to win. Absolutely he does. Wood-RUFF's problem is he's just like all the other rich kids, who never had to work a day in their lives. He's a know it all. A narcissistic know it all. If he would just pick a GM and then stay out of the damn building except his suite on Sunday's this "might" go well. But that's not what happens!! Anything that looks suspect you can almost guarantee his hands are all over it. He's made an absolute mess of every regime he's tried to put in place because he's the one trying to "run the show" vs. letting the football people (I use that term LOOSELY) run the show.

You know, I feel super bad for the Panthers because there are at the beginning of their nightmare. We, on the other hand, are well into ours. 20+ years and counting. Insane...

19. The_Darksider

Almost impossible, but with enough public pressure, you just never know. It's better than sitting back, or rather in this case bending over, and taking it.

20. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

The league ousted the old Panthers owner for some kind of thing which who knows if it was even true.. And replaced him with Dave Tepper.

The_Darksider likes this.