Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 21, 2024.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

First off I agree with your previous post completely , second I have been one of those that was less worried about having an incompetent OC to pacify AR because AR would change the play at the line of scrimmage depending on defensive coverage.
    But unfortunately, is painfully evident that AR cannot overcome the complete lack of discipline by players and play formations with the wrong personnel, like the goal line stand. That’s on the CS 100% and why Hackett and Saleh need to go now. I further believe that AR would rather see Saleh gone than Hackett because RS is the root cause behind the discipline and utilization of personnel.
    That’s why on a side note the notion by some that JD is the root cause for this years problems is utter and complete nonsense. This team is massively under achieving due to coaching.

SOJAZ likes this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

We have the worst CS in the league, period end of story. No fifty/fifty right in the Mendoza line. Does that even mean anything to you? They did not have the team prepared period. So keep looking at stats in a vacuum and keep blaming everything on JD, the man that apparently kept the best RB on the bench when it was first and goal from the one, or the 15 plus dumb ass penalties for complete lack of discipline. etc etc etc. Apparently in your mind the CS has no input in the outcome of the game. Football experts that actually know NFL have more than recognized where the problem is……and is not lack of talent.

3. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Geeze

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Prediction: When Saleh and Douglas eventually both get fired, Saleh gets a DC job, and Douglas ends up in a significantly lower position than he had in Philadelphia.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Ok. My prediction. Saleh gets fired, JD does not, Saleh becomes a DC somewhere. He will do well because he now works for a smart HC. Mean time JD selects a top HC candidate but Woody won’t pay the price. Potentially settling in for another low tier HC. JD eventually moves out of this dysfunctional ownership and we get a bottom barrel GM. Two years later the pitch forks are out.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I can see where his finally firing Saleh might buy Douglas another year - too bad he's waited so long without already pulling the plug.

LAJet and REVISion like this.
  7. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Was it ambitious to expect Aaron Rodgers to already be in top form?
    Yes, it was unrealistic to expect vintage Rodgers on a week-to-week basis in the first month of the season. He's a 40-year-old quarterback coming off Achilles surgery. Did you think he'd be 2021 Rodgers out of the gate?

Rodgers has ranked 19th in Total QBR (50.1). He flashed his MVP form in a Week 3 win over the Patriots, highlighted by his ability to extend plays, but he looked his age against the blitz-heavy Broncos in Week 4. It might be a sneak preview of what's to come: dazzling one week, pedestrian the next week. Such is life at 40. -- Rich Cimini, Jets reporter

8. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

nobody said jack shit about coaching last weekl.

SOJAZ likes this.
  9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It's wildly inconsistent at best though. You can't have one good game out of 4, with that good game followed up by complete demolition, where your QB is most likely to get injured and luckily avoided that, and be happy with coaching. Also, that good game, was good, but 24 points is not exactly some gold standard. 9 points is abysmal standard. On aggregate the coaching has not been good at all.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  10. Hectorfor3

Hectorfor3 Active Member

The play calling and player usage is truly abysmal. Hackett does not put players in position to succeed nor does he use the proper players in the logical scenario. There is no way our coaching staff is adjusting to game conditions and opposition strategy during the game, can't be happening. The Jets never seem to exploit another team's weaknesses or come out of the half with a new wrinkle to the game plan.

Are you telling Mr. College YAC, our third round pick Corley, can't be given the ball in space even once or twice to see what happens? Not using Allen at the goal line was inexcusable and I'm sure we could go on and on.

Once again, my wife happened to be watching some of the game and asks me "why do they keep running that guy (Hall) right into the middle of the line? He never gets any yards??" I wish I could explain that but its kind of sad she has more insight into what's not working than Hackett.

11. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Some credit has to go to Denver's defense. If you're a DC formulating strategy for a particular game, you have to identify an aspect of your opponents offense and try to figure out a way to stop it. If it had been a clear day, they might have concentrated on stopping Rodgers, but it was raining, so maybe they figured the Jets passing attack would have trouble (which it did) and instead concentrated on stopping the Jets running attack. Most NFL defenses can deploy enough resources to stop a running offense. When that happens, the good teams can shift their attack to the pass and still win. When Hall was having trouble getting yardage, that's what the Jets did. Only in this case, the Jets passing attack suffered from poorly thrown balls, poor route running and dropped passes, much of it caused by the weather.

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Or the brake line is cut and you careen off a cliff. Gas has gotten little cheaper so that much is good.

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yeah this is classic Jets fan warped expectations. We score 24, and everyone thinks Super Bowl. We give up 24, and pitchforks and torches come out for the HC/DC. Meanwhile Goff completed 100% of his passes, and Cousins threw for 500+ yards. That's what the modern NFL is, not what the Jets have been post-healthy Pennington.

NY Jets68, REVISion and Kronoking like this.
  14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Aaron Rodgers making the Oline do pushups is kind of sad actually. I guess that moron Oline coach was off making a poo or something.

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Sorry but where did you hear that? Hope is a joke.

16. letsgojets2819

letsgojets2819 New Member

Atleast someone is, because you know Saleh doesn't hold anyone accountable and doesn't want to embarrass grown man making generational wealth money because it may hurt their feelings as he said in his press conference. Basicly the players run this team and not the coach, so what is exactly Saleh's role on this team?

17. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

To make excuses for the players

Jets69 likes this.
  18. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Head cheerleader.
    He jumps up and down and squeals like a little girl when something good happens on the field.

19. abyzmul

Upon further review, it may have been a joke by someone here, I'm not seeing any confirmation.

20. abyzmul