Devante Adams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrowningNagle, Oct 1, 2024 at 4:52 PM.

1. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

He hasn’t played with him in a few years now, it’d probably take some time for them to reacquaint themselves with each other

2. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Baltimore current ranks 1 spot ahead of us right now for passing YPG (209 to 203), and while having over 2x the rushing YPG (212 to 91). As was the case all spring/summer I believe you are over-estimating what our passing output as whole realistically ends up looking like in a LaFleur'less Hackett offense. Even with the addition of Adams.

I'd guess the total stats would end up better combo'd with Rodgers, but probably not by much. Adams is a lot better then any WR Lamar has had to throw the ball to, and with Andrews basically disappearing out of that target share the WR seem to be getting more work.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That’s just lazy analysis though. Rodgers lowest passing season (the year you like to trash him about where he has a broken thumb), would be 29 yards more than Lamar’s most prolific yardage season.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

HUH? The last game Adams played with Rodgers was in January of 2022 - they combined for 6 catches for 55 yards.

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

https://x.com/ustadium/status/1842274183226814876?s=46

For the people who think the Ravens are in on Adams. If I see a massive restructure for the Ravens, then yeah, I would be worried about the Ravens being in on this but they have no money to do it now.

I'm still sticking to my guns with my post on the first page - Adams is a Jet and the trade gets announced Sunday night or Monday night.

6. Kronoking

Lazy" analysis imo is doing what you just did there. Where you are trying to simply copy and paste in #'s that happened within a completely different time frame and supportive environment. Other then the fact you don't like it why would the current data of what Aaron Rodgers is currently doing within this offense and supportive environment be less predictive then what Rodgers did 2 years ago while in GB?

The jets are roughly 25 total yards a game more right now then they were with Zach Wilson and the band of scrubs last year. Whether we get Adams or not this handicapped by Hackett offense is still probably trending to be a backend 1/3'ish type NFL offense. Maybe back teens if Adams is that big upgrade to Garrett as a 1? The fact Rodgers would end up throwing for less YPG then he ever has before, at age 40+ in what wants to be a run heavy offense and while aided by historically bad coaching room, isn't exactly hard or even harsh prediction stuff here. Just how the game and team sport nature of football works.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

You’re completely missing the fact that not only does historically pass for more yards than Lamar Jackson regardless of what time period, he lost his last big time playoff game because he force fed the ball to Adams when he shouldn’t have.

If we’re looking completely at situation for Adams the individual statistical player, it’s an absolute no brainer that this is a better situation for him than Baltimore.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Your points don’t make any sense to me. IF Rodgers and Hackett both suck then getting a talented WR might help them suck less anyway.

“we suck, so there’s no point in trying to get better” is an odd strategy and is the basic gist of your really long posts

Borat, REVISion and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  9. Kronoking

I think you are completely missing the fact Baltimore is currently the #1 YPG team in the NFL, and passing for a little more yards per game then we are. What #'s Rodgers has put up in the past isn't going to stop Lamar for throwing for a similar amount or more yards/TD in 2024 then 2024 Rodgers does.

The sheer amount of extra potential opportunites for production Adams would see in Baltimore isn't just some non-factor there.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

If we suck a ton as you generally always outline, we’re probably going to be down and throwing a lot. So I’m not really seeing how there’s any more opportunity with a team that will mostly be playing from ahead or in close games where a mix of run and pass is still viable.

I’m talking (saying it again) about the individual opportunity for the individual players production. It’s undoubtedly better here no matter how you spin it or how many paragraphs you type.

In simplified terms; in all scenarios he will get more targets and quality targets here.

11. Kronoking

I didn't say that. I can only see you saying I said that.

In fact I've already stated in this thread multiple times now I'm not against this trade at a low cost price, and believe it will upgrade the team. I just think the upgrade isn't going to be the standings or offensive ranking needle mover many are hoping it will be (same as my year+ stance here on bringing in Aaron Rodgers to QB with a terrible OC hire). It's more "fun" then anything else.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

ok

13. Kronoking

Everything here doesn't always have to boil down to either buying into an always exaggerated best case scenario outcome, or making a claim that somethign flat out "sucks".

The Jets are a below average offensive football team with an above average defense. I don't really envison too many blow out type games on our schedule, but reserve the right to change my mind on that after this London game ;)

See, I'm also not so sure on that target thing. Unless Garrett Wilson goes in the trade i don't think Adams ends up some huge amount more targets then say Flowers is seeing over there now. I'm also kinda high atm on Lazard being a constant thing RoS. The Garrett Wilson volume of the past 2 years isn't going to be there for 1 guy in this offense.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Right. Rodgers who force fed the ball to Adams for half a decade no matter who was on the field, would defer to spreading it to Garrett Wilson who tied with Lazard & Ty Conklin with targets last week?

Done with this argument. It’s just dumb at this point.

15. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

Rumors are circulating that the Jets may need to include Mike Williams in the trade for DA.

16. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

What are you talking about his last game with Adams he had 9 catches for 90 yards in the NFC champ game
    And during that season Adams had 1500 yards

17. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

I don’t see why we wouldn’t tbh he is that much better than MW coming off an injury as well and on a one year deal no? Make the trade

AtlantaJet likes this.
  18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I was talking about his last regular season game - I must have missed a playoff game or two way back in 2022, not 2021 as you said. It really makes no difference to me - if it does to you, have at it. My point remains the same - it's been quite a while since he and Rodgers performed together. It also looks more and more sure as the days go by that his focus is not on the New York Jets. This doesn't even qualify as a moot point to me; neither guy is who he was at the time.

19. letsgojets2819

letsgojets2819 New Member

We already have 3 competent wide receivers and 2 really good running backs, if we have trouble scoring with 3 of them and have 2 braindead coaches managing the offense and making stupid gameplans adding Devante Adams will change nothing and just cost us draft capital and cap space which will screw up the future when Bobby boy and Hackett are finally fired and hopefully competent people will be brought in. Bring in who you want but if you have no creativity whatsoever on offense and your team can't even line up right and has 15 penalties it will not make a world of difference, bringing in 32 year old journey man just shows the Jets ownership is insane and keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over again expecting different results.

Ralebird, Kronoking and Brook! like this.
  20. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

I think the idea is to make the offense idiot proof…

Jets79 likes this.