2024 - Week 1: New York Jets at San Fransisco 49ers (MNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Aug 25, 2024.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Sep 9, 2024.
  1. Jets

59.3%
  2. 49ers

40.7%
  1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I'm crossing my fingers we get at LEAST 8! Hell, a whole quarter would be considered a major step forward! ;)

ouchy, Cman68 and BrowningNagle like this.
  2. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Well I am hoping we win.... Since I am a DirectTV person, I maynot be able to see it. I think it will be a close game and I hope they pound the rock because the niners were not great against the run last season. One morepoint. no major injuries please...it would be nice to have a healthy team play for a year, ya know.

mrjet80 and Brook! like this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

We have some volunteers to provide you some link if you are interested.

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/streams-for-jets-games.100333/

ouchy and BleedingGreen83 like this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

There is also a workaround for those folks who will be streaming and own "smart tv's". Cast your laptop (or phone) screen to your TV and you can watch the game in HD. Last hint... VPN is your friend when it comes to this sort of thing. Make sure you pick a server waaay outside your viewing area so you can work around the blackout rule. Just another PSA from your friends at TGG.com!

Brook! likes this.
  5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I would be shocked if they don't have a solution by the time MNF rolls around. Lotta money to miss out on.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Isn't the game on ABC and ESPN? thus you shouldn't have a problem

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Saleh stated that Mike Williams will be on a pitch count

8. dawinner127

Disney/ABC/ESPN all under the same argument with Direct TV. You can't get any of it. I guess you could plug an antenna in and just go that route.

stinkyB likes this.
  9. Brook!

As far as I know, it is on ABC only in local markets. In this case it will be on ABC in New York and San Fransisco metro areas. Rest of the country will only have ESPN to watch but like Dawinner said, this issue between Direct TV is with all Disney channels (ABC, ESPN etc)

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Opening night last year destroyed my will to be a diehard. I'd take a competitive loss at this point. Regardless I don't think we're set up for success. I know you gotta beat good teams if you wanna be a good team but sometimes you just don't. On the road, week 1, west coast, primetime, 2nd best team in football... the deck is stacked against us. Again, just get through the game healthy and that's a win for me.

mezzavo, ouchy and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

That’s kind of how I feel…it’s a brutal way to start the season…like why couldn’t we have started with a team like Arizona?

That being said, it’s almost like a high upside if we win coupled with a low downside if we lose…on the road, Super Bowl team, NFC, etc…it’s no shame to lose to the Niners on the road opening night, and the loss doesn’t hurt the AFC rankings so there’s that

12. dawinner127

Probably the best time to actually play SF is week 1. The travel to the west coast shouldn't matter much since it's week 1. Extended time to prepare for them. Aiyuk, Trent, and CMC have barely practiced all training camp. Offense is always at a disadvantage early in the season because of timing so this could be a big benefit for us. Could totally see a 20-16 type game here.

Ill Will likes this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If we had Reddick I'd feel pretty damn good about stifling their O. I know McDonald is fun to watch and has had a good offseason, I know the UFAs are a great story, I know McKinley is an awesome story... I don't know that any of them are going to touch what Reddick could give us. They have like 4 ways to beat you on every play, don't know how much it matters that Aiyuk and CMC didn't practice. If they are healthy, they can score any time they touch the ball.

14. dawinner127

I'm with you. I don't really feel good about the game and with the hype machine last year and then let down after 4 plays, it's just hard to be excited. We really need Q to take over and dominate this game. SF is very very weak at LG/C and Q should be lined up over them all game. It really feels like a game he could just take over. I hope we finally see Sauce travel and just take Aiyuk out of the game.

Offense just run the ball with Breece, stay out of 11 personnel and lets go.

stinkyB, Ptflea2 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  15. Brook!

Woody Johnson announced it already. White on Green on Monday.

[​IMG]

16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

So we go back to the “Classic” 80’s jersey and immediately fuck it up by pairing it with the fugly green pants that were never a part of that uniform.
    It wasn’t until Coslet fucked up the look with the black trim that we started with the horrendous green pants.

NY Jets68 and stinkyB like this.
  17. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

It's the whole bullshit "Rodgers didn't get drafted by San Francisco, like he wanted now he has a chip on shoulder. Waaa Boo hoo Hoo" Freakin' TWENTY years ago! Who the hell cares anymore.

Only one of two things happens on Monday, regardless of score:

1. The Jets will be taken seriously this year
    2. They won't

I will say this though, if the NY Jets waltz into the 49'ers house, with them fully loaded, and win convincingly the rest of the league better watch out as long as Rodgers stays healthy.

JeTsInTexas and SOJAZ like this.
  18. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

19. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

CMC listed as questionable with a calf, could be huge if he does not play. That little fucker is electric.

20. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Probably too much to ask to win this particular game, but last night I bet big on the Jets to make the playoffs. We just have too many swinging dicks up and down the roster, plus a weak schedule. We're going to win a LOT of games. Enjoy it.