ESPN Predicts Jets will win Superbowl against 49ers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 1, 2024.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Earlier, USA today predicted Jets to win Super Bowl over Packers. Here is the link to that thread below.

https://forums.theganggreen.com/thr...ets-win-superbowl-against-the-packers.100263/

And now ESPN+ came with an article in which they predict Jets win Super Bowl over 49ers.

Since it is behind paywall I will just post some excerpts below in Quotes. The whole article can be reached at below link.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/st...on-predictions-power-rankings-super-bowl-pick

Team-by-team rankings
    Asterisks indicate my projected playoff teams.

[​IMG]
    1. San Francisco 49ers*

The defending NFC champion 49ers enter 2024 with top-five units on both sides of the ball, and once Trent Williams suits up, they will be without a major concern area across the roster. This could be the year for Kyle Shanahan & Co.

[​IMG]
    2. Kansas City Chiefs*

Last season's 11-6 record marked the fewest regular-season wins by a Chiefs team since Patrick Mahomes took over, which shows just how elite this franchise has been. Still stocked with talent on both sides of the ball -- including a better WR room -- Andy Reid's squad remains the favorite in the AFC.

[​IMG]
    3. New York Jets*

Don't laugh. With a loaded defense, healthy Aaron Rodgers and improved offensive supporting cast (including a potentially elite line with the addition of LT Tyron Smith), the Jets own one of the league's best rosters.

[​IMG]
    4. Baltimore Ravens*

Lamar Jackson and newcomer Derrick Henry lead the offense, and the core remains in place for a defense that allowed a league-low 280 points last season.

[​IMG]
    5. Dallas Cowboys*

Dallas didn't add much to its roster this offseason despite the offensive line being a concern, but a top defense and formidable passing game make it a favorite to repeat in the NFC East.

Super Bowl LIX prediction: Jets over 49ers
    The Chiefs will certainly give them a run for their money, but I made the case that the Jets will win the Super Bowl way back in May, and I stand by it. Kyle Shanahan's 49ers are the class of the NFC but will fall just short of the gold for the second year in a row.

2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

The Jets are one thing, but Dallas is WAY, WAY too high.

JetFanInNE, mezzavo and mrjet80 like this.
  3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

we're doomed

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The Cowboys would never make it through the NFC playoffs….SF, Detroit, even the Eagles.

JetFanInNE and mezzavo like this.
  6. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Predictions? You know what I think about predictions.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

7. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Aaaannnddd....this bring front and center my post in the other thread. The MINUTE we get media bandwagoneers is the minute this team is doomed. It's the "NY Jets way."

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

At some point our luck has to turn right? Maybe this is the year. I still have hope even though I know hope is a dangerous thing. :)

mrjet80 and mezzavo like this.
  9. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

lol...here's to HOPING! :D:D

Brook! likes this.
  10. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

This is just the usual case of the media trying to stir up interest in the Jets because they have to promote an absurd number of standalone games featuring a team that hasn't been to the playoffs since the beginning of the previous decade.

The only teams that actually belong on this list are the Chiefs, Ravens, and the 49ers.

11. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

They recently did a Madden simulator for the whole season and Jets lost in the AFC championship game. Obviously that means nothing, but anything can happen.

12. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

It's nice to see but means absolutely nothing.

KC is gunning for a threepeat, Jim Harbaugh is with the Chargers if not for a injured Ted Ginn he may have had the Niners in the Super Bowl his first year in SF, Alex Smith was considered a bust before he got there. Herbert is not considered a bust. Bufffalo is still the team to beat in the AFC East until someone knocks them off, Miami killed the Jets twice last season etc.

True this Jets team appears to be absolutely loaded look stronger than the 2009 & 2010 Jets teams that made it to back-to-back AFC Championship games.

They have to do it which is easier said than done.

They have to do it.

mezzavo, Jets79 and ouchy like this.
  13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

It’s not a stretch.

The last couple years QB/OL play was what held the team back. If things break right for a change the Jets should be a top 5 team.

14. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Let's do it!