Bold Predictions… Not So Bold Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Aug 25, 2024.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Some dirty woman will come along and ruin everything for Zach.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm sure you're a blast at parties... ;)

#42 stinkyB, Aug 28, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2024
    mezzavo likes this.
  3. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

- Even with Rodgers staying relatively healthy for the year the Jets still go a 9th straight year with a QB failing to throw for 20 touchdowns

- Both the Jets and the Texans fall notably short of their media driven hype train expectations and miss the playoffs

- The Patriots end up with the worse record in the NFL and then draft another QB over Maye

- The Eagles, following a trainwreck back end of 2023 and Kelce's high profile retirement, end up back in the Superbowl

- Will Levis ends up throwing for roughly the same amount of yards as CJ Stroud in 2024

- Anthony Richardson gets benched at some point in the 2nd half of the season for Joe Flacco's corpse

- Talks of Mike Tomlin being potentially fired, after another painfully bad offensive showing in Pittsburgh, are major storyline at season's end.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I sure hope you’re wrong with #2. Personally the only way I see this Jets team missing the playoffs are injuries. And of course looking at their history it is entirely possible.

5. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

Not getting into other teams, but for our beloved Jets.........

IF..... we can keep Rodgers on his feet and,

IF..... he plays to anything like his capabilities,

Then The New York Jets will reach the AFC Championship game, minimum. The Jets have an elite defence which conceded an average of <21 points per game last season with seriously below par quarterback play on the other side of the ball. Rodgers will have that for breakfast.

I know the history of course. I remain optimistic. It is inevitable.

#45 UK_Chilts, Aug 28, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2024
  6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

40 turning 41 later in the season and coming off an Achillies injury. His last year in GB wasn't good by his standards. He had 5 games where he threw for less than 200 yards. I think Rodgers can still be a decent/good QB especially with Hall and Wilson as elite playmakers. But I don't see Rodgers as an elite level QB anymore.

mezzavo likes this.
  7. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

I understand your points and respect them. I'd counter that people like him are not 'regular' 40 year olds. He is a generationally elite quarterback who looks fully committed to his cause and his craft. I do not see a repeat of his tailing off at Green Bay. He joined us for a reason and that business is unfinished. He has an opportunity for football 'immortality' (for the want of a better expression) if he wins here. I think he can do it, and I think he will.

8. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Eh, that last year in GB for Rodgers was without his favorite receiver in Adam and he was breaking in an entire cadre of rookie receivers getting them all trained up for his replacement in Jordan Love. Garrett Wilson, in my opinion, is right on the cusp of being on the same level as Davante Adams so I have a feeling, Rodgers health withstanding, a season that looks more like 2020 or 2021 for Rodgers. I also think Williams, playing 2nd fiddle to Wilson, is going to be right in the mix, along with Rodgers, for comeback player of the year.

I keep hearing it everywhere...all the Jets need is a "serviceable" offense, with our defense, and they could be darn near unstoppable. What IF the team has an ABOVE average offense? Has anyone given that some thought? Can you imagine what this team can do with a defense that is RESTED? Add a full 5 - 10 minutes of Time of Possession to the offense!! Unreal....

9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

My bold prediction: Aaron Rodgers goes through season without major injury , starts at least 14 games and the Jets still do not make the playoffs.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They didn’t play Rodgers in the preseason because he can’t move anymore. He’s a statue back there.

My bold prediction is that we will be wanting him to get hurt/step aside by mid season :(

11. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Don't even put that out in the ether!! :eek:

12. Ill Will

Ill Will Active Member

Breece Hall is gonna have a monster year total yards from scrimmage rushing/pass receiving
    Quinnen Williams is gonna have a big year.
    They're gonna batter people with Breece, Allen and Davis. Rushing and pass catching.
    If Olu has to play he'll be ready.
    Best CB tandem in the league.
    Ground & Pound.
    Nothing on the QB's. Just get AR/ through the year as more of a game mgr. They'll win if TT has to play

Brook! and Nyjets4eva like this.
  13. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Or.....outside factors like Joe Burrow coming back and staying healthy for a full season in Cincy simply end up being the bigger deciding factor towards how that limited spots picture ultimately plays itself out.

Same blind spot going on as last year in people not acknowledging that we can both get better and still not make the playoffs. Given the NFL universe doesn't revolve around an extremely reach'y to get to a better case scenario Jets team.

Probably gonna be 1 spot from last year's field opened after Joe B rips up next year and finishes ahead of Cleveland. One of Cleveland still squeaking back in, that second team possibility the AFC South, or one of Denver/LAC (who both will be dramatically better coached football teams then us) as a 2024 riser are all better big picture bets to grab that then we are imo.

14. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

My bold prediction is that Rodgers gets hurt on the 4th play of the season, Tyrod Taylor comes in and the team unites around him, and without the distraction of Rodgers, the Jets win the SB.

15. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

If the Jets had of hired a legit QB guru, someone who’s coached up some of the biggest names in the game and has won a SB, the poor guy would’ve probably died in some freak accident before the season even started

Brook! likes this.
  16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Most of us have come to grips with the situation sufficiently to understand the biggest mistake Douglas made with Wilson was writing his name on the card someone handed to Roger Goodell.

HomeoftheJets and jets_fan like this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If Woody had gone right to the police, this would never have happened.

18. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Next offseason the Jets are compelled to swallow their pride and make an outrageously high cash offer to Sam Darnold who simply uses our offer to get a little more out of the Raiders. Just adding to the embarrassment.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  19. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

The Jets get the #1 seed and win the Super Bowl.

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Rodgers is somewhere around league average
    The Jets come in second place and make the playoffs as a wild card
    They win in the wild card round but lose in the divisional round to a clearly superior team
    Whether or not Rodgers returns in 2025, the Jets miss the playoffs, and Douglas and Saleh are fired after the 2025 season

mezzavo, NYJalltheway and abyzmul like this.