Haason Reddick's Holdout

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jessedark, Jul 31, 2024.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

What are you thinking

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

How did you arrive at the 5 million_?

ouchy likes this.
  3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Its a guess. I'm thinking 20 million would be enough to get Reddick to play the season. It could be wrong. He might want 10 million more, which is what he market values him at. But I'm guessing with the pressure to make a deal they find the middle ground in 5. I could be wrong and he will only accept top dollar though. If that's the case its very problematic. In fact, him requesting a trade does kind of indicate he's not wild about settling.

mezzavo and LAJet like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That’s what I was thinking earlier in the thread. Juice up his value this year since we have cap space anyways and get his ass on the field by week 2.

ouchy likes this.
  5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The problem in my opinion is not the value, but the fact that JD wants him to show up first. And he as recommended by his agent will not. There are no discussions about money until he shows.

#485 LAJet, Aug 30, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2024
  6. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

I strongly agree with this take.

All Gas No Shake and ouchy like this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He can suddenly be a man of principle but that doesn’t make him any less of a dumbass for getting into this situation.

stinkyB and abyzmul like this.
  8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Hopefully they find a middle ground and sooner rather than later

I gotta imagine there is a way to save face for both parties…work out the parameters of a deal with the agent behind closed doors but don’t announce a new deal until the player is in or at the same time or slightly after…

Cooler heads need to prevail here…it’s in the player AND the team’s best interest for him to be on the field

LAJet and ouchy like this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

There's nobody else worth tagging. So imagine if Reddick shows up just in time to accrue enough games to hit free agency, and then we say fuck you and tag him.

LAJet, mezzavo, stinkyB and 2 others like this.
  10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The FT is an average of the top 5 salaries at the players position. Currently the high is 34 million (Bosa) and 5th is 25 million (Garrett). The average is around 29 million, which is more than Reddick is asking, and it may go higher next year. It could be slightly less if it excludes bonus'. But its still way more than we can afford.

11. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how the d-line does without him. Teams should be able to focus more on Williams Lots of potential on the edge ,but no really established studs. The jets have made this a 1 year Super Bowl or bust season . If the 49ers expose some weakness in the Jets d ,which the 49ers are very capable of doing Riddick gets lots of leverage. If one of the young guys goes down , Riddick gains leverage. It would be interesting if a team offered a conditional 2/3 for Riddick would JD accept it . Why isnt Rodgers calling him daily?

12. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Realistically, what can they afford?

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I like it

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Something tells me that if the 49ers LT is not playing and or in good form, the 49ers O is not exploiting much of anything. Our inside D is looking pretty darned good.

ouchy likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Douglas needs to get the fuck over it

16. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

Accruing a season goes to whether he can be an unrestricted free agent. A player needs 4 accrued seasons to be an unrestricted free agent. Reddick already has more than that, so its not relevant to him. What is relevant to him is when his contract tolls (continues for an additional year) if he's holding out. Pursuant to Article 20, Section 3 of the NFL CBA (pasted below), if he doesn't report by game 6, then his contract tolls. Here's Article 20, Section 3 of the CBA -

(a) A player who is placed on a Nonfootball Injury or Illness list (“N-F/I”) will not be entitled to any compensation under his contract while on such list but, except as provided below, his contract will continue to run while in such status.

(b) A player on N-F/I who is in the final year of his contract (including an option year) will have his contract tolled. However, if the player is physically able to perform his football services on or before the sixth regular season game, the Club must pay the player his negotiated Paragraph 5 Salary (pro rata) for the balance of the season in order to toll such player’s contract. If such player is taken off N-F/I during the period when such action is allowed by League rules, his contract will not be tolled.

mezzavo, Brook! and All Gas No Shake like this.
  17. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Joe Douglas will be gone after this season if the Jets don't make the playoffs again. Having this Reddick saga drag on unresolved will only expedite his shit canning.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  18. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

So, this is what I am wondering; the media/pundits are assuming that without Reddick/loss of JFM, we are doomed... I don't see it that way, what say you? It it THAT steep a drop off on our D because of this saga?

LAJet likes this.
  19. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

He clearly already has.

20. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

I don't think it is. Yes he's a good player and it makes the team better, but it's at a position they have strength and depth at, so it's not like Garret Wilson holding out.