Jets/Giants Preseason - Parking Question

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gmay8, Aug 21, 2024.

1. gmay8

gmay8 Member

Hi Guys, been years since I posted on this site, hope everyone is doing well. I'm taking my family to the Jets/Giants preseason game this weekend. Will be my kids first "NFL" game.. albeit preseason. I have 4 tix, but don't have a parking pass. Do you know if I need a parking pass for preseason or can I drive in and buy at the stadium? I'd love to be in my old tailgating lot of K or J.
    Let me know if you can!
    Thanks

2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Season ticket holder here. You need a parking pass. I don't know if they do this for preseason but for regular season games, they have parking for fans who don't have a parking pass away from the stadium. Then they have a shuttle bus that takes you to the stadium.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I would probably buy the parking pass. The shuttle and parking is a bit away to the point where the convenience of the pass is worth the aggravating cost. Grab them on one of the ticketing sites.

GREG likes this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Buy the parking pass in advance

Here is the link. It is $30 plus fees for Gold lot that covers K or J.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/parkin...-new-jersey-08-24-2024/event/0000607DCAE668A2

5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

THIS is one of the worst things Woody has done other than PSL's and partnering in a "meh" stadium no one of either team really loves. They exploited the opportunity of the construction of MetLife Stadium and it's perceived parking shortage to institute the prepaid color coded parking pass system that's existed ever since. I'm getting all worked up and cranky again while writing this. I would go to more games if I could pay for parking on a come and go basis.

abyzmul likes this.
  6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I got two free tickets for the first preseason game from the Jets after braving the rain to attend the joint practice with the skins in the rain.

They would have been more than happy to take fifty bucks at the gate for the parking.

7. LogeSection2RowJ

They provided a parking pass with those I hope.

8. James Hasty

No, I turned my car right around when they asked me for the money. Quite a bit of walking was involved but I found legal parking on the street for free.

Told my buddy to remember that we parked in section FU.

Brook! likes this.
  9. LogeSection2RowJ

Jets gave you tickets without the ability to park? That's F'ed. Then there was the option to pay cash at the gate to park? This is a key factor for many of us. It was a secret they accepted cash at the parking booth, but it's been my understanding that ended two years ago. Perhaps they do only to fill the vast open spaces of the preseason games.

10. James Hasty

Giving me free tickets but expecting me to pay fifty bucks when I got there with no warning seemed like a dirty trick to me, especially when they sat Rodgers and about 19 other guys in the game.

Missed the first four minutes due to the ling walk byt felt really good about not paying for the parking.

Brook! likes this.
  11. LogeSection2RowJ

I live nearby and have paid $50 of the parking to tailgate with the tailgate group (That's slowly dying) - during the season. Only to leave 25 minutes before kickoff to watch at home. It would take 30 minutes to get inside to my Upper level seat.