Done with YouTube Sunday Ticket..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Aug 16, 2024.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I’m usually fine with paying the premium and putting it in a second screen.

My problem with it is that it is fucking painfully delayed behind the fantasy apps, sports scoreboard apps and the scoreboards in the side of live cable games. I’m talking 1-2 plays fully behind.

It defeats the purpose of wanting to watch it if you see what happened already.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

After some simple internet searching, I found a site of game replays that loads better than the one I just paid for.

So there's that.

Sent from my genius mind.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I said it before and I'll say it again if anyone is interested, jets fans only of course. I can get you a service with all the sports packages (NFL,MLB,NHL, NBA, EPL, etc.) along with all your regular tv/cable channels and locals for $43 per month, taxes included. PM me if interested.

youtubetv sucks, spectrum sucks worse than them

mezzavo likes this.
  4. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

I grabbed this special last year RIGHT BEFORE last season started. Just remember to uncheck auto renew, I didn't and it auto renews after 10 months, which is BS.

I was figuring to ride it out through most of the Olympics and then cancel, so my wife could then sign up for the $20 special this time. But since i didn't uncheck auto renew, Peacock billed me for the full year again after only 10 months in June at the regular $60.

Brook! and Jetsfansince95 like this.
  5. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Thanks!!

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

StreamEast came thru bigtime last nite. Sadly, it was the Panther broadcast but it was better than nothing.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  7. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

I'm in DC and bought Sunday Ticket last year for the Jets. It was fine but with all of the national TV games this year it's not worth getting (IMO).

mezzavo likes this.
  8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Completely agreed.

I'll revisit Sunday Ticket midseason once we start playing all of those 1pm games there at the end. If there's a price drop for a half season, if the Jets are still in it, and Rodgers still playing are all things that would be taken into account for that.

This is the Jets, though, so we know they won't be in it, so at least my wallet will be a bit happier this year than it was last year. Refuse to spend that money to watch some third or fourth string QB playing out the string on another dismal season that's over by Thanksgiving.

9. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Right!!! 22 years for me...where DOES the time go? I'll say this, though, all this time passing...I HATE what the constant losing has done to my psyche. Once upon a time, I actually won the most knowledgeable poster award a couple times here on TGG. Now, all I do is whine, bitch and be angry. I used to be so positive! <sigh:oops:>

Here's what I do... Before Sundays you can click on the link to the game. It usually pops up and says something like game pending or upcoming. Make a note of the link in your browser and save to your desktop. Then, after the game Sunday , click on it and it "should" take you directly to the game feed and you can start watching. If that's too much of a pain in the butt, I'll sometimes have my wife start it for me and not tell me the score. LOL...hey, it works!

#49 mezzavo, Aug 18, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2024
    Brook! and NYJalltheway like this.
  10. NYJalltheway

Hey it's a good thing we have the preseason to get it down before it counts! Lol.

I figured out how to turn the scores off so it won't get ruined. So I'm thinking it'll be all good to go now. Will it have the Monday and Thursday games too? I of course work Monday night week 1.

mezzavo likes this.
  11. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

They do have all the games, including the Mid-week ones...

NYJalltheway likes this.
  12. NYJalltheway

Thank you Mez.

Good to hear from ya.

Can't wait to watch the packer game tonight and have work be slower than usual.

mezzavo likes this.
  13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I'm on the fence on renewing my subscription this year but leaning towards doing it again. $419 (cost for Sunday Ticket & RedZone) plus the cost of YTTV each month is high but I'd probably spend double that going to my local bar that has Sunday Ticket.

Essentially breaks down to 23 bucks per week ($419/18 weeks), and my tab would easily be higher than that each week. Hell, that's probably what I'd spend on beer/alcohol alone.

Might see if my brother or another buddy wants to split the cost because I'm pretty sure you can use YTTV on 3 devices at once and cutting that cost in half would make it more than worth it IMO.

mezzavo and Cman68 like this.
  14. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Im outside of the NY Metro Area for the first time. Ended up getting some code a week or so ago for Sunday Ticket for about $250 + 4 months of Youtube TV ($44 a month). So $400 total for the whole season. If the Jets didn't have a decent team or potential I probably would have passed on it and just get the redzone from NFL+ for $15 a month (or whatever it is).

Brook! likes this.