USA Today predicts Jets win Superbowl against the Packers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 24, 2024.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This is what they mean when they mention "offseason championships".

Jets69 and mezzavo like this.
  3. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Haven't you heard? The offseason is where the Jets ALWAYS put up their best "game."

NY Jets68 and JetFanInNE like this.
  4. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

12 wins and a Super Bowl. Wow.

It takes the Jets almost two full seasons on average to win 12 games. Spoiler alert: that isn't changing this year.

Good to see the Jets continue their trend of making almost all of their "accomplishments" before the real games actually begin each season.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

At least they are putting themselves out there. Every other outlet is predicting Chiefs or 49ers

6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Last year they predicted the Eagles over the Jets in the Super Bowl. How did that work out?

Jets69 likes this.
  7. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I mean on paper it's true, this is a really good group. And sure, maybe if we finally get some good luck with injuries and Aaron Rodgers can play just solid to above average football at this point in his career, I agree this team can win a Super Bowl. There are no roster questions other than health IMO.

Yet as a fan of this team for over 25 years and with the coaching questions (which I believe could be somewhat quieted with good QB play) though coupled with the injury histories of key players, it's hard not to expect something to go horribly wrong

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Guys. We had a very solid defense last year and main pieces are intact. Yes we lost Huff but if Reddick gets his head out of his ass we will not have a net loss there. Our secondary still either the best or top 3 in the league. All these metrics were with a crappy offense. So maybe other teams didn't have to score much on us last year and played a conservative game waiting Jets to beat themselves but still. This works both ways. If we had an offense that controlled the game maybe we could have been more aggressive with our pass rush.

Now we have Rodgers. If he stays healthy and plays average to above average and land in Top 10 in metrics, we will win the division. I have zero doubt there. And during playoffs it is all about who is healthy and who is not. After back to back Superbowl runs Chiefs might have fatigue. Bills always shit the bed in playoffs. Bengals seems to have a problem keep Burrow health. Ravens find a way to beat themselves in the playoffs with Lamar who seems to have a problem handling spotlights.

So I am not saying we are a lock to win Superbowl if we are healthy. But I am saying Jets have a shot to represent AFC in the Superbowl if we get good breaks.

I am an eternal optimist. I won't blame any fans who are battered for years like I was not to share the same optimism. But we have an exciting season ahead of us folks. Go Jets!

NCJetsfan and JetFanInPA like this.
  9. jets_fan

It's the only time this franchise does anything worth talking about. Until they prove that they are a serious franchise that is serious about winning, which they have not even remotely come close to resembling in a really long time, the only thing that I can expect from them is what they dish out to the fans each and every year, which is crappy football and excuses.

Jets69 likes this.
  10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Aaron Rodgers missed mini camp getting his last dose of alien stemcells found in the underneath caverns of the Egyptian pyramids.... nothing can stop him now.

AtlantaJet likes this.
  11. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Lock it in, it's happening boys.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Show me the wins...

Jets69, NY Jets68 and jets_fan like this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

All these predictions re predicted on no major player losses due to injuries. So there is that. Same crap would apply to KC, the Bills, the Ravens and any team that lost the starting QB after 4 plays.

14. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Thats the beauty of being a jets fan--you can be confident betting against them when they are favorites

15. jets_fan

You'll first have to explain to the Jets what these "wins" actually are.

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t it be priceless to see the doomsday naysayers eat some major dirt for a change this year. I’m rooting for a healthy season. If so we have a shot at the playoffs for sure. In fact I’m convinced since Colin Cowheard has recently proclaimed no way no how it will happen. But we need the key pieces to remain healthy all year.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Rodgers got injured. We know this. It doesn't mean the team will fail this year.

18. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Well, it's now or never, so might as well go all in on SB or bust...

19. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

The Jets D with a healthy Rogers. The Rogers of three years ago? With the Jets D of one year ago?

I would consider that a SB favorite.

Nyjets4eva and Brook! like this.
  20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Are you sure?

Dierking likes this.