Copa America Field(Metlife)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Burnz, Jul 9, 2024.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I can only add that many NFL stadiums opened with natural grass now have artificial playing surfaces because the real grass proved to be unacceptable. Some places have tried more than once to use real grass and have failed. We shall see how it works after a couple of seasons for Buffalo, only then can it be seen if there is any advantage. As well as the players, I prefer to see football played on real grass but that does nothing to determine what surface is better for football or safer for players.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Haha you cut out your comment about grass not being able to thrive in the treacherous north east. What a lame ass. See the second paragraph.

And yeah Jets fans should care about what it costs for a stadium since instead of hitting the taxpayer they slammed the season ticket holder with PSL’s (to keep their seats) in order to supplement the cost of the stadium.

What about the grass? How do they maintain it at Lambeau? It’s a much easier climate than East Rutherford, NJ?

#62 Jonathan_Vilma, Jul 13, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2024
  3. Ralebird

They maintain the "grass" at Lambeau by combining it with synthetic turf, heating the field and augmenting the natural sunlight which portable grow lighting. The profile of the stadium also is lower, allowing more natural light to reach the field than the field in the Meadowlands. There is no evidence that the playing surface in Green Bay is superior to that in New Jersey or safer for players.

I didn't cut anything, I made a statement - which you have misrepresented twice, by the way, and stand by it. And how about you let the adult fans of NFL football decide for themselves what they choose to be concerned about instead of telling them what you think they should care about? Go ahead, whine again about PSLs, as if that was the topic for anyone but you. And see if you can pull on your bigboy pants and do it without the personal "lame ass" attacks.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

So you think it’s more difficult to do in December in northern Wisconsin or Pittsburgh than East Rutherford?

Yeah you did. I poked holes in both parts of your post and you responded to only one part while deliberately cutting out the other part of your post. Did you cut out the part about the grass or did AI do it for you?

I’m not whining about PSL’s. I’m pointing out the facts as to how they financed the stadium. Unlike most franchises they didn’t hit the taxpayer but they bombed the season ticket holder with useless licenses to seats. So yeah the fan would likely have an opinion as to the cost of the stadium next time around (you said why would they care?).

5. Ralebird

AI? WTF are you going on about? It should be obvious that when Lambeau and its hybrid surface, not natural grass, gets the same wear and tear as the field in East Rutherford a decent comparison can be made. Until then the failed natural grass experience in East Rutherford speaks for itself.

And, yeah! Why would fans care about the cost of building a stadium for the Jets? NFL teams each have tens of millions of fans; if a tiny percentage of them choose to buy PSLs that's on them and is not representative of the team's fans in general. Feel free to go on and on about PSLs, it's hardly relevant.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

any new stadium in the future will have taxpayer funding AND PSLs. The days of owners investing in their product alone are over. They can beg, borrow and steal and get what they need

7. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Has there ever been a conclusive answer why our field is so terrible? We use the same turf as many other teams.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The conclusive, definitive answer is that the Jets are clown shoes.

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

And we know they can't. Giants Stadium tried hard with the removable tray system they had for a season or two. The idea was that square sections of tray-grown sod could be swapped in and out as it wore down. It worked a little bit but not enough. The only way we get grass is to play in a stadium that we call exclusively our own.

Brook! likes this.
  10. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Last season was the first with this new turf. Maybe this year will be better? More experience with it for the grounds crew and the players.
    IDK if turf "settles" for lack of a better word but I'm seriously hoping it improves some how.

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it's still artificial, and not real grass. We need grass. Everyone needs grass.

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Is this a federal legal weed pitch? :eek:

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

This is what kills me in an imperfect world. It's like the fuggin' Romans taxing the shit out of the populace and going yo, welcome to the Colosseum and be entertained! OK, it's kind of a shaky parallel, but still.

All NFL owners pool their money. Build your own shit, sit back in your lawn chair with a cigar, you'll rake in trillions, anyway.

I'm being sarcastic, of course, but elect me as the next President of the U.S. and see what happens with this scam sham!

Speaking of which, I LOVE 'Escape From New York'. "Mr. President.?" "I'm the President." My only cut on the movie is that it should have been called "Escape From New Jersey".