Classic Uniforms for 10/24 Game against BUF

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Fiftynine, Jul 22, 2024.

1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

So, this year's Jets "Super Bowl" comes on October 14. Thanks for the heads up.

They should really think about doing these alternate uniform games in December so it feels like the Jets are playing meaningful football that late in the season.

abyzmul likes this.
  2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Why would they wait until the season starts? We have a new base uni and we are wearing our 2000s unis as a throwback. It's not that deep.

3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Seeing these labeled as "The Classic" was like the first time I heard Nirvana on a classic rock radio station.

Am I old now??

mrjet80 likes this.
  4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

While the color of the jersey has no bearing on who wins the game. But the Jets have beaten the Bills the last two times at MetLife while wearing their white jerseys. Maybe they are superstitious :)
    The Jets announced they are wearing the black uniforms week 9 vs Houston on TNF.

The Gridiron Uniform Database (gridiron-uniforms.com)

5. jets_fan

If they're superstitious about these uniforms, I'm not sure wearing an all-white throwback uniform against the Buffalo Bills on a Monday night at home is the kind of fate they want to be inviting based off the last time they did the exact same thing. ;):cool:

6. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Well this is actually nice…those are my favorite uniforms…I’d prefer the green face mask instead of grey, but I’ll take it. I loved when Parcells brought them back…we should have just stayed with those. I’m ok with these 1980s ones as they are definitely nostalgic for me, but the originals are so much better.

For a while there when Nike took over the uniforms (and fucked almost ALL of them up by the way), our look got kind of really ugly with that god awful shade of olive green we ended up with (not sure why they changed it from Parcells’ hunter green).

But to get those uniforms with our current shade of green is just about perfect. I do like our current colors, so all good by me!

mrjet80, AJW and KWJetsFan like this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It doesn’t look like the greens are any where near correct for the 2000’s Jets uniforms.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Maybe they'll have Vinny do the coin toss again.

Acad23 likes this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The upside is that it keeps Woody busy and away from actual football stuff... :p

mrjet80 likes this.
  10. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

These look great.

But an observation... if these are meant to pay tribute to the SB III unis, along with the modern era, seems like a curious decision to wear them in the Bills game, instead of when we host the Colts on SNF mid-season.

Ralebird and mrjet80 like this.
  11. jets_fan

Woody should gift Vinny a luxury hotel suite in Hawaii on the night of that game so that he's not within several thousand miles of MetLife Stadium that night. :D

12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

If the “classics” are in line color wise with the 60s version rather than the olive shade for Herm years that’s fine.

I just think rebranding the rebrand so soon makes the franchise appear a little batty. Of course that’s Woody…..

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Our long snapper rocking the throwbacks:

[​IMG]