2024 Jets Training Camp - News and Tweets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 18, 2024.

1. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this--doesn't matter if Reddick said this etc--JD put the NYJ in this situation so its all on him. You take out the '22 draft and he's far below average. But the '22 draft is so damn good...

2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

That 2022 draft is the only reason he wasn't fired in January, as he should have been.

He has botched just about everything else he has touched since coming here. The O-line is arguably worse than it was when he took over, and that's his supposed area of expertise. Now, that could rebound this year, but until we see that on the field, it doesn't count. He's botched the QB position worse than even I imagined possible, which alone should have cost him his job. Yes, he found us a great CB, WR, and RB in that 2022 draft, but, honestly, the first two fell into his lap by sheer luck. Any one of us on this board could have made those picks. He also hired Robert Saleh to "coach" this team. Outside of the 2022 draft, it's just one poor decision after another. And this Reddick trade debacle is just another instance of that.

#22 jets_fan, Jul 23, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2024
    teamgreen, AndyDrums and IDFjet like this.
  3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Sure, not a great look for JD but I can't get on him to much if Haason told him one thing and then when push came to shove did a 180.

Either way, I highly doubt Reddick gets a long-term extension from the Jets after this situation. Not the type of guy you want in the locker room.

4. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

This Reddick situation is whole bunch of nothing. He will sit a few weeks. Happens every year with multiple teams and players.

5. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

agreed....however....if it drags out ....trade him to the raiders with some other capital for adams and let mcdonald learn on the job.

6. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

So lets say I offered you some tickets to the home opener back when the schedule dropped.

We stay in communication for the next few months leading up to it, "oh yeah man, I got you, don't worry".

Then the home opener arrives. You show up to the stadium where I told you to meet up and I'm a no-show. I essentially "ghost" you and now you're stuck outside the stadium with no way to get inside.

By your logic, it's 100% your fault that you're in this situation.

Still agree with that logic?

Again, you, like JD in the Reddick situation, have some blame to be sure. You should've demanded I send you the tickets beforehand, or gotten the agreement in writing but to act like you or JD is 100% to blame for being in a situation because someone lied to your face is not logic that I agree with.

7. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Probably, but, it's annoying af.

8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

In your example, if I were to take the risk yes, I would be to blame. I often buy tickets on stub-hub and I only buy those that are downloadable immediately just because I know that ticket sellers often sell tickets in the future that they don't have. That's how I manage my life.

You can come up with endless examples--some of the examples have real-life damages incurred--such as a college accepts you and you decline other offers and then at the last minute they say they made a mistake. A court will then decide what compensation for damages should occur.

In this current case of JD, he apparently entered into this business agreement with no outlet for damage awards--that's on him entirely.

And really, you should be more cautious about using the word "logic" in your arguments. You are obviously not a student of logic--I know you mean it colloquially but to those who actually dabble in the study Aristotle etc, it appears profane lol.

barfolomew likes this.
  9. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Thanks for the advice

barfolomew likes this.
  10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

JETS getting played.... shocker

barfolomew, Brook! and jets_fan like this.
  11. jets_fan

It's the only thing the Jets are good at.

barfolomew, teamgreen and Brook! like this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I don’t see it that way at all in this case. They had an agreement loud and clear as to what they would and would not do and he is now pushing the envelop and reneged big time. That’s on him. It’s so easy to blame JD for everything after the fact.

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

For once I thought we would start the training camp without any distractions but here we are. Damn you Reddick.

barfolomew, NCJetsfan and KY Jets Fan like this.
  14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Agreements without signatures are not agreements. It's a business, not church camp.

15. jets_fan

Exactly.

Trading for a guy who is unhappy with his contract, and not giving that guy a new contract, is just inviting trouble. And Reddick was unhappy with his contract while playing for a perennial playoff team that has been viewed in recent seasons as a Super Bowl contender. If he's unhappy with them and his new contract, there's no way he's going to all of a sudden be more amenable to playing on that contract with a historically lousy franchise who hasn't been to the playoffs in almost a decade and a half.

barfolomew likes this.