Idzik retrospective

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Stevied, May 30, 2024.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Jets fans are some of the nicest in the league. Eagles fans would have burned down the stadium by now.

abyzmul likes this.
  2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

It was a half @ssed move by Woody because he forced him to keep Rex.

Right from the git-go he was doomed.

We can point to his mistakes in picking players but coaching is a part of that as well. He didn't get the chance to pick his guy. We never got to see what his full vision was what he would have wanted to do.

But whatever he took the job knowing what the situation was going to be.

It's supposed to be a team the entire organization functioning as one. Everyone on the same page with the same goal. It seems like with the Jets that's not the case at times.

Like we're seeing now with Rodgers & Reddick.:(

3. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I still can't believe that wasted draft. I remember wanting the jets to take mammoth OG Gabe Jackson in the SECOND round. He was NFL.com's 30th ranked PLAYER in the whole draft. . They didn't. They took TE Amaro.
    Then Jackson fell and was available to the jets in the THIRD round. I was screaming at the TV to take Jackson. Idzik unbelievably then took CB Dexter McDougle, who wasn't even ranked in the draft book I was reviewing.
    NFL.com had McDougle listed as a possible late seven rounder or undrafted--Yet Idzik takes him in the high THIRD ROUND. Oh, did I mention McDougle also missed nearly his entire senior season in college with an injury.
    I was stunned that Idzik reached for that guy . The Raiders then took Jackson with the very next pick after the jets and he was a stud.
    McDougle was kept on the jets practice squad for years, only because he was a 3rd round pick, and never did squat for the jets.
    The rest save Enumwa were equally as bad.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

jjt4201 likes this.