Randall Cobb comments

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Jun 11, 2024.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I thought it was interesting to actually get some of this confirmed by a person on the team, instead of anonymous sources.

https://nypost.com/2024/06/11/sports/randall-cobb-slams-jets-for-zach-wilson-leaks-last-season/

barfolomew and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the highlighted portion means...

barfolomew likes this.
  3. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

What a surprise... look nofurther then the HC... and FO. Do these guys even understand what optics means?

barfolomew likes this.
  4. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

The more I listen to Saleh and staff speak, the more I appreciate Belichick's gruff, one word answers to the press. Can't put your foot in your mouth if you keep it closed, something Saleh needs to learn.

5. abyzmul

The Jets have an army of people in their media department. Surely they have PR coaches that can walk this oaf through a summer press conference without starting a shitstorm over the definition of a word? How can there still be no driver in this car?

6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Benching ZW wasn't a bad idea, but benching him for Tim Boyle WAS a bad idea.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

For the guys who aren’t a Sirianni type who hates the media and doesn’t care or a trolling coach, it should be pretty easy to deal with them.

“We’ll have to look into it to see how he’s feeling after he banged his knee up and make a determination later in the week.”
    “We’re here to talk about the guys that are at mini camp.”
    “That’s an internal matter that we’re not discussing here.”

Sidestepping questions and vanilla answers are so easy and I don’t get why these guys have such a hard time with it. Saleh tries to do it and fumbles more than pre-Coughlin Tiki.

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

A lot of fans were screaming for it

Mogriffjr, dmw and barfolomew like this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I think lisping Pete Kendall did a better job at PR.

barfolomew likes this.
  10. abyzmul

He didn't even really need to change the message, just stop saying "inexcused" over and over again. I kept waiting for him to reach up and start pulling at the edges of his mouth like Arnold at the airport in Total Recall, except instead of "two weeks" he's saying "in...ex...SCUSED!". I know everyone was expecting him to say "inexcusable" which carries is own negative connotations. Just stop using that word. But they really don't owe the media even that much. Just shut up already. How did this guy interview well? He's a nervous mess.

nycarl and barfolomew like this.
  11. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

This is very true, Saleh is way too forthcoming. That's an ok thing during the honeymoon phase but he's way past that now.

SOJAZ and barfolomew like this.
  12. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

He probably didn't. It's just that the guy whose job it was to hire him is equally incompetent.

abyzmul and barfolomew like this.
  13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

All gas, no brake . . . ? o_O

NCJetsfan and barfolomew like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

All mouth, no filter.

15. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

He thinks the Jets told him that or he knows the Jets told him that?

Cobb sucked ass for the Jets last year his words don't hold much weight.

I find it difficult to believe Cobb is so deeply entrenched inside the Jets organization he knows the Jets told Wilson that or people inside the organization may be feeding the media.

16. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Seriously?

Do you actually work in any type of office or a place where there's more than just one person? A firehouse, a retail store? People bullshit ALL the time! These guys practically eat, sleep and shit together for months at a time. You don't think Cobb was on the level? That guy has been in the league a while and I've never read where he gossips just to hear himself talk. I don't know about you but what that guys is saying rings a whole lot "true" to me. This bullshit team has been run like a pooch screw cluster fuck for some time now and NOTHING that comes out of that building surprises me. You have a neutered head coach who would be better served as a weight lifting coach with his rah rah bullshit, an offensive coordinator that couldn't call a high school game and I'm not sure exactly "what" Douglas is. We have the talent to DOMINATE the division...or at least be in the discussion and, thanks to our moronic owner, we have a lunatic neurotic version of rain man at QB who is just as likely to run off and join some jack wad conspiracy theory cult than show up and play QB for this team.

Fucking laughing stock is what this team is and you are questioning a very SANE diatribe from Cobb. Pleeeeaasseeeee.....

JetFanInNE likes this.
  17. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

True. The main issue was failure to get a decent backup for Rodgers. That was a YUGE organizational failure in my opinion, whether it was JD's decision or the owner's decision.

IDFjet likes this.
  18. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Sure I understand what you're trying to say. I do. And he may be telling the truth I don't buy it but that's just me

BUT

My opinion is Cobb was way out of line to say what he said. What he said is deep and not something a player who was only here a few months not even one full year should be saying. Not only that his level of play sucked.

Hi-bye is the extent of Cobb's stay here plus he didn't leave a good impression in the short time he was here with his play. He is not a player I believe cares about the Jets.

mezzavo likes this.
  19. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Cobb is a veteran who has been around and has seen how winning organizations function. And then he's seen how this one functions. Just my opinion, but he's more than qualified to be making whatever comments he wants about this dumpster fire.

abyzmul and Ralebird like this.