OTAs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 20, 2024.

1. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Aaron Rodgers- we must eliminate distractions

also Aaron Rodgers- misses mandatory practices to attend political event…..

I love the guy, but this is a poor decision on his part. Walk the walk if you’re gonna talk the talk.

Cman68, bmfc1 and stinkyB like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

no fuckin way. please tell me that's speculation. if Rodgers blows off the team for Kennedy dinner parties this team is so broken. Please tell me its like a charity event or a funeral or something

stinkyB likes this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Hard to imagine it’s a funeral if it was known about months ago lol

stinkyB likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

yeah... this aint good

5. dawinner127

6. dawinner127

[​IMG]

Totally ripping this off of another location but I agree with everything this person has said:

Keeping Reddick for one year is 14M. If they let him walk and he plays well they will get a 3rd round comp for him which is either a year early than the 3 we pay in 2026 or a 3rd a round paying the 1 year earlier discount for the 2nd we give up in 2026 (based on snap %). Either way it’s either neutral or possibly great. And to your point We need $ to start paying big contracts and if JJ is a stud you’d rather spend the money on him than Reddick. Then if McDonald is good/serviceable in the true Huff role, you still have him for 3 more years on a cheaper rookie contract especially when other contracts are going to be getting more expensive. JJ/ McDonald can be good enough long term and cheaper in the 2025 year and forward. 1 year of Reddick is cheaper than 1 year of Huff (at Eagles contract price). This still is a good trade with flexibility

7. BrowningNagle

The punter was on his show mocking Saleh for fining Rodgers.

WTF is Saleh supposed to do, let him blow off practice without any repercussion? There's gotta be some rules at the circus

Since1969 and Ralebird like this.
  8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I heard the new Player Contract requires teams to fine players who don't show up. Teams can ONLY wave the penalty if it's related to the player's first contract, but after that, the penalty is required and cannot be waived by the team.

By Saleh describing Aaron's absence as 'un-excused', he signed Aaron's fate as related to the $250K fine for skipping both days. If Saleh had described Aaron's absence as 'club approved', then the club can negotiate the fine. But he didn't... he used the word un-excused.

Maybe Kennedy will cover Aaron's fine!

Cman68 likes this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Why is it that everything this FO/CS tries do always gets gummed up in the process?? Trade for a guy that wants a new contract then the guy pulls a no-show when its mandatory to be in the bldg. The HoF Qb decides there's something more important than being at the first mandatory practice. Seems you can't have enough drama at Florham Pk. If this turns into another drama filled shitshow? Woody will be forced to blow it up.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm worried you're not gonna make it through camp... let alone the season. :p

[​IMG]

dawinner127 likes this.
  11. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

On the plus side, Rodgers is just giving the team a preview of what the offense will look like a few games into the season after Tyrod Taylor has taken over and is running for his life behind our 12th O-line combination in 5 games.

12. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I'm far more concerned with the Reddick absence than I am with the Rodgers one. You have to have your head up your ass to think Rodgers won't be back ASAP and ready to play (as long as he is healthy). Reddick is now a total question mark.

Cman68, NCJetsfan and LAJet like this.
  13. BrowningNagle

I’ll be here, made it through Kotite, this circus mess ain’t gonna break me

Cman68 and Acad23 like this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'd say there's a hundred or so people at the camp that may care that they are doing what is expected of them while the team "leader" has decided it is not a priority for him.

Maybe he went to a family reunion.

15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Asking anyone inside the Jets facility to actually do their jobs is probably a bit too much, I would think.

At this point, just bracing myself for Tyrod Taylor running out there on Week 1 as our starter. Just hope he can last long enough to give the kid from FSU time to get healthy before we throw him to the wolves after Tyrod gets his yearly midseason injury.

16. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Oh look, the circus is back in town.

Since1969, JetFanInNE and Cman68 like this.
  17. dawinner127

Cool. Do you think this changes anyone's opinion on Rodgers in that building? Everyone knows 8 is the best chance for this team to win a ring. He's been to every voluntary workout and rehabbed his off last year to get back if we were still in the hunt. Missing a mandatory practice (when he told the team months ago that he wouldn't be there) on June 11th is a nothing burger. The fact that people here are freaking out over it is laughable.

Ya'll need to touch grass. Get off the internet and relax. Holy shit.

RochesterJet likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

Just have to hope Rodgers doesn’t have any parties scheduled for week 1

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Maybe he's doing ayahuasca with RFK. It's medicine. It's even got a medicine man.

dawinner127 likes this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So, when exactly does Rodgers plan on joining the team for practice? Any chance he plays THIS preseason? He didn't play last year during TC.