OTAs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 20, 2024.

1. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Watts would be a great story--but where are you getting Clemons probable to not make roster?

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Because he stinks at football? The guy is a fun meme and it's cool he shows up to camp with a bat and shirtless, but he actually blows at football. We are in trouble if Clemons takes serious snaps for us next year while trying to replace some of JFMs production.

3. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Fair enough--he took a step back in year 2 no doubt. Prove it year now. I think he makes the 53 but you could be right. If cut he will be playing somewhere IMO unless he's just lost it.

4. dawinner127

[​IMG]
    Watts :cool:

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. dawinner127

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Robby Sabo
    @RobbySabo

#Jets team sessions: —Micheal Clemons in the right spot against a misdirection pass play of sorts. Runs into double-team in space, doesn’t make tackle but squeezes it nicely, limits time and space inside-out. —Jeremy Ruckert with the pretty grab near the sideline, but it was a win by the defense (too much pocket time, as UDFA McGregor gets to Aaron Rodgers).

12:26 PM · Jun 4, 2024

Robby Sabo
    @RobbySabo

·
    Follow
    More #Jets OTAs, 7v7: —Session ends with a Tyrod Taylor-to-Braelon Allen deep shot, left sideline, LB in coverage, solid separation, a bit under-thrown but gets job done, beauty of a high-point grab. Both Allen and I.Davis are extremely impressive in the passing game.
    12:43 PM · Jun 4, 2024

Robby Sabo
    @RobbySabo

·
    Follow
    #Jets 7v7 again with intent on a specific subpackage that aims to confuse the offense (pressure looks, gap shows, etc.). —First play saw the heat get to Rodgers. D win. —Garrett Wilson with another catch, but the pressure would have probably forced a sack or completion, bc of… Show more
    1:01 PM · Jun 4, 2024

Robby Sabo
    @RobbySabo
    Next #Jets team session is more offensive specific in intent: —Ruckert RAC catch for a perfect look that’ll torch the coverage called (every time). —Deeper shot to The Ruckert in 1v1, great throw, outside shoulder, better coverage by Tony Adams. Gets inside arm in at the right time, eyes turned at the right time. —Tyrod coverage sack, scampers out of pocket, looked like he had Yeboah middle of field but unsure if a lane was there, and insisted were there. —Jarrick Bernard-Converse sighting, as JBC’s break to the flat was both quick and a great read against the quick concept tying to use bodies/rubs.

nycarl and Brook! like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

Robby Sabo
    @RobbySabo

Newest #Jets team session: —Aaron Rodgers just showcased that arm strength (you’ll surely see it on a highlight), immediately flushes right, used his eyes to move coverage his way, but decides to go across the grain, Xavier Gipson great catch with coverage catching up, TD after 10-20 RAC yards. —Tyrod in red zone teams, with competent Yeboah in end zone, 1v1, had it despite decent coverage, but ball wasn’t placed on outside shoulder where it needed to be. Rodgers catches up with Mangold as practice ends.

Connor Hughes
    @Connor_J_Hughes

Aaron Rodgers with a 59-yard touchdown to Xavier Gipson on the first play of a drive-the-field drill. Threw a dot that was about 50 yards. Gipson took it in the rest. A bomb. #Jets

Connor Hughes
    @Connor_J_Hughes

Tyler Conklin said one of his big goals this offseason was improving his YAC. He wants to turn five-yard catches into 12-yard gains. Doesn’t think he’s done that enough. #Jets

Brook! likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

Robby Sabo
    @RobbySabo

·
    Follow
    Here’s where some player versatility is used: In LB positionals, Chazz Surratt got to play QB a little in a specific drill, simulating rush concepts (handoffs). #Jets He began his collegiate career at UNC as a QB.
    12:04 PM · Jun 4, 2024

Zack Rosenblatt
    @ZackBlatt

·
    Follow
    Some #Jets at practice who aren’t participating: Breece Hall Tyron Smith Jason Brownlee Irv Charles Brandin Echols Brady Latham
    12:08 PM · Jun 4, 2024

Connor Hughes
    @Connor_J_Hughes

·
    Follow
    I don’t see the majority of the #Jets DL here today. No Quinnen Williams or Jermaine Johnson. Already no Kinlaw or Reddick. Also don’t see Will McDonald.
    12:10 PM · Jun 4, 2024

Brook! likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

Zack Rosenblatt
    @ZackBlatt

·
    Follow
    The DL that Aaron Rodgers is going against to start out: Micheal Clemons Tanzel Smart Bruce Hector Jalyn Holmes Many of the other DL aren’t in attendance today.
    12:11 PM · Jun 4, 2024

Robby Sabo
    @RobbySabo

Still 7v7 at #Jets OTAs: —A beauty, Rodgers to Garrett Wilson, in rhythm, as AR identified the coverage early (not much over-the-top), so he saw 1v1, and GW got the better of Tony Adams. —A couple of plays later, WR hits GW for a deep TD, but I really didn’t see it until the tail end. Not sure how tight it was.

LAJet and Brook! like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

11. NCJetsfan

From The Jets Way:

Centre Joe Tippmann has been speaking to the official website about how he’s learning to lead: "This offseason I really focused on how I can help be a guide for guys," Tippmann said during the second week of OTAs. "Just learning how to lead the guys better, kind of be a better presence in the offensive huddle. I think I am ready for that” He went on to talk about Rodgers “Aaron, he's a great presence in the huddle," Tippmann said. "And then outside the huddle, he's always making recommendations. He doesn't just tell me, he teaches me. Something that I messed up or didn't understand, he's going to run it back and explain it to me how he sees it. It's something that's really helped me."

Aaron Rodgers is back to his best mentally, but says he still has 10% to go physically: "Mentally, I'm there," he said. "Physically, I just got to get that confidence to let it loose and I'm getting close to that. It's a process. Anytime you come back from injury whether it's an extremity or internal or even a concussion, there are certain benchmarks you need to hit in order to feel better and each one has its own challenges. These practices, the first two, have helped. I feel much better today than I did yesterday and I'm sure I'll feel better next week, and the following week and training camp will be great. And at some point, it will just be a distant memory and I'll feel like 100 percent myself. Right now, I'm 90 percent% myself and 10 percent not sure what's going on with various parts of my body."

I won’t go through all the observations from OTA’s yesterday but I did scan the reports to pick out some players who were making an impression. Braelon Allen, Malachi Corley (but he also had a drop), Xavier Gipson and of course Aaron Rogers. Eric Watts also had a would-be sack on Rodgers and by all accounts, he continues to impress, the one benefit of not having most of you defensive linemen out there.

12. NCJetsfan

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Tuesday on his podcast that the New York Jets, Indianapolis Colts and San Francisco 49ers all reached out to Minnesota about a potential Jefferson trade ahead of the 2024 NFL draft.

"Every team that called the Vikings before the draft was told 'we're not trading him,'" Schefter said (six-minute mark). "The conversations went nowhere with anybody."

barfolomew likes this.
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Four-year $140 million... $89 million guaranteed... damn.

14. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

and according to reports he has.....

LAJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Didn’t want to start a new thread but not too happy Reddick wasn’t there to develop chemistry with the D line and establish a leadership role. If he doesn’t show up for mandatory mini camp it will be the first red flap for this team, as JD does not negotiate loner term contracts with 30+ vets often and when he does he gets burned. Hope they settle this this week.

16. dawinner127

Eh. I'm not really worried about Reddick. Shocking he didn't show up to OTAs to hit that $250k bonus for attending, but to each his own.

I think Reddick gets something similar to what Hunter got --2 for 49 or 50. It would be insane for JD to make that trade without knowing Reddick wanted to get paid.[​IMG] [​IMG]
    He was out at an event this weekend wearing Jets attire so that is a positive at least?

barfolomew and Nyjets4eva like this.
  17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I still would have loved to find a way to keep Huff, but Reddick is really good too…JD will need to get this done, and I’m sure he knew the contract situation when he made the trade…

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I never put too much stock into OTA’s but it does feel like these reports are reading “would’ve been a sack,” too much. And that’s unfortunately been the case for what feels like a decade of offseasons.

Brook! and abyzmul like this.
  19. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

And Reddick is a no-show for the first mandatory day on camp.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'll see your mandatory minioamp and raise you the first half of TC.