Allen, Travis, and Davis Sign

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 13, 2024.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The Jets official twitter account has confirmed the signing running back Braelon Allen. Chosen in round four of the draft (134th overall), Allen is expected to bring some thump to the Jets backfield.

Power. Explosion. Agility. Contact Balance.

Newest at @nyjets RB Braelon Allen. pic.twitter.com/BwcIlFlPH5

— Glenn Naughton (@JNRadio_Glenn) April 27, 2024

The youngest player in this year’s draft at just twenty years old, the powerful runner out of Wisconsin should bring a short yardage and goal line weapon out of the backfield that the Jets lacked in 2023. In three seasons with the Badgers, Allen amassed 3,494 yards and 35 touchdowns.

In addition to Allen, the Jets locked up quarterback Jordan Travis whom they added with pick number 171 in the fifth round.

OFFICIAL: Winning mentality comin' to NY with @jordantrav13.

— New York Jets (@NYJets) May 13, 2024

A young signal caller who should have time to sit back and learn, Travis is viewed as an excellent leader who uses a combination of mobility and accuracy to challenge opposing defenses.

Fellow fifth-round pick Isaiah Davis also signed his rookie deal with the Jets where he’ll likely push Izzy Abanikanda for a roster spot.

And now RB Isaiah Davis, the second of three picks in the fifth round, has signed his rookie contract — four years, about $4.3 million. #Jets

— Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) May 13, 2024

Frenbar likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Apparently on a mission to get his entire draft class under contract today, Jets GM Joe Douglas has signed his fifth draft pick in the past few hours in cornerback Qwan’tez Stiggers.

And yet another #Jets draft pick has signed — CB Qwan’tez Stiggers, the last of three picks in the fifth round. It’s four years for about $4.3M for a player with no college experience and one year in the CFL.

— Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) May 13, 2024

Stiggers joins Olu Fashanu, Braelon Allen, Jordan Travis and Isaiah Davis in making the start of their respective careers official.

Perhaps the most intriguing prospect in the entire draft, Stiggers comes to the Jets by way of the Canadian Football League after just one season in which he won defensive rookie of the year. Stiggers landed in the CFL after taking part in a 7-on-7 fan controlled football league.

Despite having already been a pro, Stiggers could not sign as a free agent and had to enter the draft as a player with no college experience.

Frenbar likes this.
  3. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I know it is asinine given our history, but I am unusually optimistic that we had a good draft this year, and most of these guys will contribute.

mrjet80 likes this.
  4. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

You know what they say. Don’t be asinine, or you’ll make an ass out of I and nine.

abyzmul likes this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I think that's an old Mets reference from Casey.

6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Remember back when Keyshawn held out until August something? Glad that nonsense is over with. Football has changed so much since then. We're so tuned in to everything now. Even though I don't really care much, I know damn well that the the schedule gets released May 15. In '96 I cared more about the refrigerator schedule magnet the Jets sent me with my tickets each summer.

Jojo likes this.