POLLL: So how did the Jets do in 2024 Draft?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 27, 2024.

?

How do you grade 2024 Draft?

1. A+ to A-

9.9%
  2. B+ toB-

72.5%
  3. C+ to C-

13.2%
  4. D+ to D-

4.4%
  1. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

It’s a pet peeve of mine when the draft pundits say a guy is “falling.” Nobody “fell” anywhere, that’s where their market value is. Just because the pundit himself, who wasn’t privy to the same information the teams were, rated him higher doesn’t make him rated that high. He was rated right where he was picked, the pundit just never knew that.

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I gave the draft an A.

I would never grade a draft on what didn’t happen but rather what did happen.

They got a high upside low floor LT who can fill a role this year if needed to learn the position from his hero.

They got an explosive playmaker who’s best routes are also our QBs favorites.

We got Breece insurance

We got an extra pick for next years draft.

We got a team where 1 injury in any/every position group isn’t going to sink the season.

IIMeanDeanII, Brook! and abyzmul like this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't know about letter grades, but I think this is one of the better assessments I've read. I do think this draft rounded the team out pretty well and made being competitive much more realistic. And there is hope that one or more of these players turns into a top-level producer, although I'd prefer that it was more obvious.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Disagree there. QB goes down again, see ya next year. Same with WR if Garrett Wilson gets hurt

5. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Thank god we went o line in the first round.
    B grade

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I generally agree. But it is not just GMs, I would go so far as to say some good analysts like Connor Rogers, DJ, and others do every bit as good as individual GMs. So, overall a consensus draft by these analysts is approximately where they guy should be drafted. And slides sometimes do happen because of positions teams need, etc... Corley was pretty much considered a consensus second round pick. We got him at the very beginning of the 3d, which I would not consider a steal, but I think it was a good value.

I was very encouraged by his Sr Bowl performance. Based on unanimous reports and videos I have seen he completely dominated there. But he mostly played slot in College against weaker competition, hence the value is understandably hit by that even though at Sr Bowl he showed much more than just a slot. I do think he will win starting spot at slot this year and maybe will evolve his game as well.

NCJetsfan and James Hasty like this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Or luck into a Tom Brady....

REVISion likes this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The way I saw this, we kinda got screwed by GB again. Not like last time, but still a little bit. That trade down in the 4th, from the top to mid round, we got next to nothing back. You can also see how low that value was in the next round where we spent that exact pick we got to move up fewer spots a round a half later end of 5th to get Travis. The trade down in the 4th itself should have resulted in GB's 5th back - that should have been Jordan Travis.

Then we don't have to break up the 4th into two 5ths later and can draft the best IOL in the 4th round instead of another running back in the 5th. In the 4th round there seems to have still been decent IOLs available. For example, we could have gotten Sedrick Van Pran who was still available, and I think could fight for a back-up right away. Instead we are now very weak at IOL, looking for vet minimum guys. We need to hope to get CMG, who sucked last year. I wanted to use a 4th for that, and JD instead may have out maneuvered himself a little bit, getting screwed again by GB, and ended up with needless 4th RB.

NCJetsfan and James Hasty like this.
  9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

88 people voted so far. Apparently draft generated some enthusiasm in Jets fans :)

James Hasty and REVISion like this.
  10. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Well nothing else really does. We gotta take what we can get

Ralebird and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

This this this!!!!

Steelers & Ravens to name a couple... There's a reason those teams never really drop out of playoff contention. Hell, Tomlin hasn't even had a sub .500 season! Somehow, some way they always seem to backfill. Ravens as well. I know damn good an well that, when Johnson brought Douglas on, he was HOPING he was bringing on some of that Raven's "magic." Who knows, maybe he did. Hard to say with the shit coaching staff...then again...

Suffice it to say there is proof all over the league of teams that do a great job of drafting and the Jets aren't one of them. In fact, I remember reading some where that the Jets, not surprisingly, are one of the worst drafting teams in history.

James Hasty and JetsNation06 like this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Here's what Joey Dee thinks.

He's got the personality of a plain bagel... :confused:

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I bet Eric Allen had to be close to the all-time record for teenage swirliies received.

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind having his job.

But I'm so good looking it would be distracting...

Brook! likes this.
  15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Moving this to Draft forum now that we received a vote from most of active posters.

James Hasty likes this.