Mekhi Becton - Signed with Eagles

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Apr 18, 2024.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The Jets look like they have a chance to be real good this year. On paper they just might be the best team in the division.

KC is still the champ but they're not going to win it all every year and no team has ever won 3 straight Super Bowls.

The Chargers will be a force with Harbaugh no doubt about it.

The Jets are flying under the radar a bit going into 2024. I'm sure Buffalo will get lots of love going into 2024 well deserved.

Douglas has made mistakes (as we all have) we'll see what we'll see in 2024.

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Yes along with other shit picks like sauce Gardner, Garrett Wilson, Jermaine Johnson, Breece Hall. All dogshit.

Jets81, hornblower, NOVAJET and 3 others like this.
  3. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

LMAO!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

4. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

One draft. Now tell me about the others.

AndyDrums, rinvesto and REVISion like this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Fashanu is the 34th player drafted by the Jets since Joe Douglas became GM. It's nice that four of them look promising.

AndyDrums, Jets81, Hemi and 5 others like this.
  6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Third offensive lineman taken in the first round. One is on IR for the second season straight and the other is hoping to play football this year at all for anybody.

Jets81, NY Jets68 and REVISion like this.
  7. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Becton didn’t have an injury history in college and came in and had a promising rookie year but when he got hurt, I think his immaturity and questionable work ethic doomed him. At the time I was hoping for Wirfs only because Iowa is a fucking OL factory. But he was a RT and Becton was an LT so I understood JD’s logic. With no injury history, I’m not going to blame JD for that…HOWEVER, the intangibles and the immaturity should have been vetted during the interview process…so THAT I do put on JD. He should have done more diligence and he should have known better.

But AVT has been our best OL since he got here. Not sure how you can criticize that pick. He got hurt playing fucking tackle, out of position, twice. And he was good enough to play well there but he’s just not the right body type.

Becton is a different case…he had an injury that should not have cost him pretty much two seasons. AVT had injuries playing out of position.

I would exercise the option on AVT no question. Honestly, I don’t understand why it’s even a question. Dude’s a fucking stud. These injuries are freak injuries and not career threatening…it’s not bad knees or something.

Sign the guy and keep him at guard, left or right, and solidify that position for the next 5 years.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The entire offensive line is now a situation completely to be accounted for by Joe Douglas. 4 years, and AVT can't stay healthy because we keep moving around... because Joe Douglas' attempts to address depth have been mostly failures. The AVT situation is as much his creation as Becton.

Becton wasn't just a bad personality fit and always injured, he was also drafted with no forethought to the makeup of the team. Joe drafted a guy close 400 lbs and the very next season he hired a guy who needed tackles that were light in the hips.

I would keep AVT but I have a feeling he's going to be traded before the season starts based on Joe's complete inability to even utter the guy's name a few days ago.

Joe Douglas has spent a lot of resources on the Oline, but it has mostly failed. He doesn't get any passes from me for that when he spends another 1st rounder on the same position he started with. This team has done nothing but fail under his watch.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  9. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Oh yes, That draft saved his soul.

JD is a keeper IMO now. We finally have two NFL QBs on our roster. This was our biggest problem.

LAJet, westiedog1 and Hemi like this.
  10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

To simplify it to 4 picks by me is wrong, there are others like Michael Carter, Sherwood, TIppman, Vera Tucker when healthy. The last two draft classes are mostly still on the roster and people like McDonald will prove out this year or not.

So to say he has only hit on on four picks is misleading I agree. There are others. But he hit pretty good on those four picks, in one draft no less. If Ruckert, Mitchell and Clemons work out, that draft was a home run.

LAJet and westiedog1 like this.
  11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Becton should have been the guy, him and Tucker should have been cornerstones of the line, it hasn't worked out but Tucker is good when healthy.

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

The Wilson pick is a complete disaster I agree. All the QBs picked that year in the first round have been struggling other than Lawrence.

westiedog1 and Jets79 like this.
  13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

He can go fuck himself for all I care.

JackBower likes this.
  14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Put him on the practice squad.

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Four guys out of 34 who look promising but are still short in actually contributing to success do not speak louder than the total body of work, free agency included. Pardon me if I withhold any accolades until the standings show otherwise.

16. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Signed with the Eagles.

Was really kinda hoping he'd end up being a starting part of the 2024 Patriots squad protecting Maye :)

REVISion likes this.
  17. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

He's an Eagle now, they have a history of fixing OL talent.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Can't fix stupid...

19. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if he turns things around. the OL coaching in Philly is miles ahead of ours

BrowningNagle and NOVAJET like this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

In the 2024 season who will be better Mekhi Becton or Olu Fashanu?

seems like you bring back becton for the mere 5 mill and draft someone of impact with a top 10 pick. but Douglas has a strong track record with O-line.... oh wait