2024 Jets UDFA signings

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Apr 27, 2024.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

• Willie Tyler, OT, Louisville
    At 6-foot-6, 310 pounds, Willie Tyler has excellent size and length for the offensive tackle position, although his 3.26 RAS may be troublesome for him at the NFL level.

Tyler started 14 games at left tackle for Louisville last year, earning honorable mention All-ACC honors. He previously had stints at Texas, Louisiana-Monroe, and Rutgers before transferring to Louisville for his senior season.

2. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Found a highlight video... Arm strength is sort of ridiculous considering he doesn't step into throws, or use his legs to generate power. There's a few Zach Wilson type throws, except where Zach uses his whole body, this guy uses all arm. On one throw, he stands pretty much flat footed and launches it from his 15 yard-line to the opposing teams 20... 65 yards. Accuracy is a concern but he went from 51% to 59% in 2nd season. Starting to watch some full games and noticing he throws smoke and his WR's drop a lot of passes.

Right now, I'm not sure what to make of him...

nycarl and blackssmagic like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

• Peewee Jarrett, QB, West Florida

The Jets have their undrafted quarterback! Byron "Peewee" Jarrett spent two years in community college before transferring to Division-II West Florida where he'd go on to put together a pair of very impressive seasons.

Jarrett became the first UWF football player to record over 5,000 yards passing and 1,000 yards rushing in 2022 and 2023. At 6-foot-3, 225 pounds, Jarrett has excellent size for the position and offers dual-threat ability. He's a valuable camp arm with Jordan Travis still working his way back from injury.

blackssmagic and Nyjets4eva like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

5. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Congratulations to SES Sports client QB Peewee Jarrett had an incredible pro day at West Florida University. During his workout, Peewee displayed NFL level arm strength to drive the ball downfield. He displayed stellar accuracy, completing 35 out of 38 passes. Measured in 6’-2.5”, 221 lbs with over a 10.2 inch hand size. His pro day workout was attended by 26 NFL teams! Next step…NFL opportunities!

https://www.instagram.com/seanstellatoses/reel/C4uBRmwAFfL/

themorey, Nyjets4eva and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

7. NCJetsfan

8. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

legit some of those passes at the end of end the video look like they came out of a cannon. He really does have a great arm. Would be nice to see him make the PS and try developing him

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

The past two years or so the Jets have been drafting an all bench press team. That seems to be the separator in their minds. I've noticed that. The ridiculous bench press numbers make you a NY Jet.

Ralebird likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I dont like that, a player can boost his bench press for the combine/draft. The game is played between the lines outside not on an indoor bench

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I mean, it's not as if the players are unknowns, taken just because of their 225 pound reps. Strength kinda matters in tackle football. All things considered, give me the stronger guy.

hornblower likes this.
  12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

They passed on the Penix for the PeeWee....

BrowningNagle likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

I haven't found any more new UDFA signings. I don't know how accurate the following is because I can't verify it anywhere else, but the Bergen Record and Jets Country on Athlon Sports show that the Jets have invited the following 2 WRs for rookie at the rookie minicamp:
    • Chris Autman Bell, WR, Minnesota (source) (Invited to rookie minicamp)
    • Geordon Porter, WR, Connecticut (source) (Invited to rookie minicamp)

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Seymour Butts TE - Morehead State is a camp invite

15. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's actually the kind of thing I expected to happen

Fiftynine likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

• Jett Johnson, LB, Mississippi State
    The Jets brought in Jett Johnson's linebacker teammate, Nathaniel Watson, for a top-30 visit, but with Watson getting drafted by the Cleveland Browns, New York went for his ultra-productive college teammate.

Johnson led the SEC in tackles in 2022 and finished second (behind Watson) in 2023. At 6-foot-1, 240 pounds, Johnson is a well-built linebacker with underwhelming athleticism, but he has a chance to carve out a role as a backup MIKE linebacker if he impresses on special teams.

blackssmagic likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

• Myles Jones, CB, Duke
    Myles Jones is the second Duke cornerback to sign an undrafted deal with the Jets after Al Blades Jr. At 6-foot-3, 190 pounds, Jones has outstanding size and length for the cornerback position.

Injuries have derailed Jones' career, as he's appeared in just seven combined games over the last three years. He's also already 25 years old, having spent seven years in college between Texas A&M and Duke. But you can't teach size — the Jets are taking a chance on his upside.

19. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Some of the throws from that quarterback are insane. They even catch out the camera guy... he pans to where he thinks it's going to come down and then he has to go another 20 yards. Who knows about the rest of his game but those are some of the most impressive throws I've ever seen.

20. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Great name!