JFM traded to Denver for 2026 6th Rounder

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wewantsapp, Apr 27, 2024.

1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It's almost as though they feel a need to justify a pick they shouldn't have made.

Borat likes this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I predict it's a source of tension between Saleh and Douglas this season.

REVISion likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Eff Saleh!

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Pray for coverage sacks I guess is one way of scheming a defense.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I like JFM. The Jets D-line will be fine without him, but I wish they could have just kept him. Clearly the team did not value him as highly as some fans do.

James Hasty and hornblower like this.
  6. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah this is a head scratcher to me.

I have plenty of issues with JFM and his propensity to commit penalties at the worst times…seems like he gets more roughing the passer calls than he should, and they tend to come in bad spots.

That being said, he’s still a versatile pass rusher that can also play inside.

Getting a future 6th is a fucking joke, and really just amounts to window dressing. So it’s clearly just a salary dump.

But still, so now our DE rotation went from JFM/JJ/Huff/McD to JJ/McD/Reddick right? Yes Clemens is in the mix too, but overall, it feels like we are taking a step back. I think Reddick will give us what Huff did but he’s older. So it comes down to can McD give us what JFM did? If so, then I guess it’s ok.

reading between the lines, feels like they probably asked him to take a pay cut and when he said no, they told him he would be moved. Probably led to that cryptic tweet and here we are.

Just feels like we should have gotten more for a starting DE than a future 6th, which is pretty much just garbage pick territory.

Borat, James Hasty and jets_fan like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Some of the cap savings will undoubtedly be used to help pay for the draft class, and some will be saved for emergencies for this season, but there may be some there to sign a camp cut or two. Bradley Anae is no longer on the roster. I wonder if they'll sign an Edge or maybe sign a UDFA Edge if there's one they like.

Whomever takes care of the Jets' roster on their website must be new. He or she is really on the ball. They already have a new category for Unsigned draft picks and have every player up that they've drafted so far.

8. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Will McDonald is going to be reallly good

NOVAJET likes this.
  9. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

It’s a strict salary dump

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

JD has a ton of dead cap on his ledger.

Not a good look.

Really have a lot of questions about his decision making in this draft.

11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

For the next GM? At this point, that's what it looks like.

James Hasty likes this.
  12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That late hit against NE 10/29/22 was the worst late hit in this franchise's history since Gastineau......it cost them the game not to mention the seasonal momentum at the time and the physiological aspect of not being able to overcome the NE hump.....

SackRecord99 likes this.
  13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

JFM was going to count 16m against the cap this year. The dude is a rotational DT that commits a personal foul almost every game it seems. Hes a JAG, to maybe just a little better than a JAG. But he’s nothing special. The real question here is why the hell Douglas gave him a 4 year 55m contract in the first place.

Brook!, Acad23, Red Menace and 2 others like this.
  14. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

He was coming off an impressive season and I guess JD wanted to secure him however his play did appear to tail off after signing that contract ….

15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I am just surprised this is the best JD could do. I mean even Zach fetched more, if you factor in the fact we got a 6th rounder this year, while for JFM not until 2026. I understand he is no JJ Reddick, but you would think a 4th is not unreasonable. Or a 5th that can become a 4th based on some reasonable conditions. Just feels like very low return for a a solid starter at a premium position, who is not overpaid, salary is not really that bad.

Jets79 and burf like this.
  16. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Trying to read between the lines, apparently we were going to give up a 5th and JFM for a 4th or better--then JD traded the 5th rounder that was agreed to--a total dick move--with Denver understandably thinking wtf, JD had to give them a special make-up deal.

Add this to the fact that JFM wouldn't renegotiate his current overpaid contract--JD fucked up on that too--and you end up in this situation.

17. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

2 years 28m for a rotational JAG is that bad. It’s really bad.

18. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

What lines are you reading between that our 5th was in play at all? Or are you just making this up? JFM is a JAG that was set to make almost 30m over these next two years. The only thing to read between the lines is the awful contract we gave him in the first place, or the fact we actually had extended him into a 2nd awful contract trying to mitigate and push off the consequence of the first mistake.

19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Geez dude get a grip--I don't just make shit up.

It was reported yesterday somewhere that the original agreement went out the window after JD traded the pick that was supposed to go to Denver.

Jets, Broncos able to work out John Franklin-Myers deal after Jets traded pick originally being sent to Denver

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2024/...-traded-pick-originally-being-sent-to-denver/

#39 IDFjet, Apr 28, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2024
  20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I highly doubt if JD agreed on trading a 5th, and could get a 4th, he would then give it away, all to get a 6th rounder two years from now.