2024 NFL Draft - Day 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, Apr 26, 2024.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why? Are you thinking to replace Surratt or Sherwood, both of whom will be FAs next year?

2. NCJetsfan

If he didn't he'd need sunglasses and a white cane, and a service dog.

3. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I am a Michigan fan, and as much as the media has hyped him up the truth is there was much better options still on the board. Wilson and Burton are about the same to me. I wanted Corely or Franklin so I am happy

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

Yeah, Corley was the guy.

tomdeb and blackssmagic like this.
  5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I went to my first ever pro soccer game this past Saturday at Citi Field. NYC FC beat DC United 2-0.

I didn't even know they existed until about 2 weeks ago I thought the Metrostars/Red Bulls were the NY team.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Jets bypassing that second round receiver curse by waiting till the first pick of the third round.

7. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Well for starters and as far as what actual opportunity i expect to come out the 2024 Rodgers target share I don't expect any of these guys to play out as much more then a limited opportunity 1st year development projects with occasional flashes.

One guy who's analysis I typically trust had me talked me up on guys like Franklin and Burton. Johnny Wilson might of been interesting in the above respect too. Maybe McMillan.

Like I said though not really that committed either way though.

8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

9. NCJetsfan

I don't like Troy Franklin as a prospect at all. No way I wanted the Jets to take him. He's too thin and has too many focus drops. Initially, when I first started researching prospects, I was intrigued by Johnny Wilson with his great size and freakish speed, but he also has too many drops, his production was never great, and I think I remember that he's not a very good route runner. No thanks. Burton I like, but imo he's a lower 3rd or 4th round prospect, although a good one. I like him but nowhere near as much as Corley, La'Lynn Polk and Roman Wilson.

Rodgers is used to throwing to slot WR with Cobb and Lazard. Corley has things to work on, but I think he will make an impact this season.

10. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

So are one of our 3 4th rounders going towards Rattler if he's there? :)

BrowningNagle likes this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I like Pratt better. Drafting Rattler is chasing the ghost of 2020, very unlikely he ever plays like that again.

12. NCJetsfan

ROFLMAO! I LOVE it!!! Haloti Ngata had his 3 sons come out with him to announce the Ravens pick. He said that all three of them were raised to say one thing, then they moved to the microphone and shouted, "The Steelers suck!" Priceless.

13. NCJetsfan

Could be. With 3 4th round picks, I see an IOL, RB, and either a QB or S/DT.

14. NCJetsfan

Damn! The Eagles have more people in their draft room than I've ever seen in any NFL draft room. Are that many people involved in the decision?

15. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Welcome! I'm a season ticket holder! We're getting our own stadium across the street from Citi Field that will open in 3 years. It is 100% privately funded and will be nestled within the 100% affordable housing development at Willets Point. We've been around since 2013, and won a championship in 2021. The club has built over 50 soccer fields in underserved communities across the 5 boroughs. Our style of play is very Manchester City/Barcelona, we want the ball and to score goals from quick passing, off the ball movement, quality technical play, and counterpress.

Red Bull bought MetroStars in 2005 and committed to New Jersey. Their style of play is to try and spoil what the opponent is doing. Disrupt, stall, hack. Force a mistake and quickly take advantage. Boot the ball upfield and hope you can stick one in the goal.

New York City right now has the youngest team in the league, having rebooted after winning the Cup. Our squad is mostly a mix of local kids (Tayvon Gray from the Bronx, James Sands from Rye, Justin Haak from Bushwick, Andres Jasson from Connecticut) and internationals from South America, Europe, and Africa.

Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Very unlikely they draft a Rb imo. They just drafted Izzy. I definitely think the sign a veteran.

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I know this is more of a day 3 post but

111 - Pratt
    129 - javon Baker

If you have to use the remaining picks and the other 4th to get back up for an IOL or DT I’m with it. No need to make all the picks today. Go get players you want.

Cman68 likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I liked Burton more than Corley, I hope I’m wrong but Burton in Cincy is gonna be like Tyler Boyd who we tried to sign for a bunch of money

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm really hoping they pick Pratt at some point today.

20. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

The Jets coaching staff are just not that good. Saleh is all hype and no results. He should be on notice this year. Enough with him excited on the sidelines. he needs to have this team prepared every week.

James Hasty likes this.