With the 10th pick..

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KY Jets Fan, Jan 7, 2024.

?

Who do you pick if all these are still available at Pick#10

1. Rome Odunze (WR)

30.2%
  2. Brock Bowers (TE)

17.5%
  3. Fashanu or another OL

41.3%
  4. I rather trade down if these are my choices

11.1%
  1. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Somewhere in the *your* middle was more likely had the trade happened 2 years prior to when it did, and in the event we had a made a different and better OC hire then the now exposed ML'less Hackett.

The potential for the line be really bad again in the 1/4-1/3 of a seasons' worth of games Tyron is probably going to miss is still a very real surrounding concern. If/when that ends up being the case nothing about what we saw in a 2023 season where Hackett had zero answers is suggestive that a on his last career leg Aaron Rodgers is going to be meaningfully better then a more mobile Zach Wilson. If the line doesn't hold up a 41yo Rodgers in a NYJ uniform will also statistically be among the NFL's worst QBs

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Strawman.

NOVAJET likes this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

We will have to wait and see, but please don’t use terms that were never said by posters, and some wrong stats to boot. “Pretend games” “infinitely better” “ very concerning below average advanced metrics”. Whaaat?
    In 2022, in his lowest year and playing hurt, he was 11th in the league with 5 yards short of 3700 and 26 TDs to 12 Int. Not bottom tier as you described on another thread. If we get that with this team it would be a massive improvement not “ marginally better that Zach” a QB quick to run and completely unable to see open receivers. The aging impact is a concern but there is more than Brady, Flacco last year lit them on fire in the playoffs while most of us were laughing as to how stupid Cleveland was.
    I might be wrong, but fully believe AR will be playing with a better offense than having Lazard as the number one receiver for the last third of the season. And rest assure he will be calling his own plays and change many at the line depending on defensive formation. The nonsensical NH play calling for Zach is dead a mercifully buried.
    We will have to wait and see, but to say we expect a large improvement under center with this team and AR is not a stretch. Now let’s get an OL and WR in the draft and if health is on our side, we will be ready to roll with any of them.
    Here is my prediction. If we don’t make the playoffs this year will not be because of the players…..but because of the incompetent CS.

JetFanInNE, dawinner127 and REVISion like this.
  4. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

The fact that you don't even know what Rodgers injury was tells me all I need to know.

5. Kronoking

There is really nothing in the actual performance evaluation data, the tape, nor in Rodgers' own direct comments addressing it for that matter, to actually indicate his week 5 thumb injury played a significant before and after role within what is typically the type of decline season you'd naturally expect out of a pushing 40yo QB fast approaching the end of his high level playing days.

Like the fluffy TD total nobody wants to scratch below the surface on all you have there is a surface level only reach the media and Jets fans desperately want/need to cling to. Simply because the headlining savior narrative on the receiving end of that trade immediately starts to shatter to pieces without it.

6. NOVAJET

Ummm, I was referring to the fact that you repeatedly said he suffered from an ACL injury last year. No real fan that suffered through that injury would EVER forget or even accidentally type that it was an ACL not an Achilles. 20 years from now if someone asks me what happened I will immediately answer Achilles, the fact that you called it an ACL less than 12 months later screams troll.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  7. Kronoking

That you'd get hung up on that instead all the reality truth i hit you with isn't surprising.

But Troll? It's fans like you that have essentially been trolling ME ever since this Rodgers trade was made. Like you can't just be happy that the team threw away the best rebuild position this team had seen in a lifetime in the name of chasing the pipe dream garbage you get to cheer now and boo like you never wanted it to happen latter. NOW you want to purposely sacrifice THIS year's first rounder on the same line of BS fluff logic that we already basically sacrificed last year's and this year's 2nd on lol

I just want the team to do the right and rational thing for a change. Which 6 months from now can at least be an additional glimmer of future hope that not every forward step we tried to make going in to this year was hinging on the pipedream mentality.

8. NOVAJET

Sacrifice this years first rounder? Wtf are you talking about, I have never made a suggestion on who I prefer at 10. Yes, troll by every definition, you clearly have nothing invested emotionally in this team or never would have made that mistake. Your posts are incredibly transparent and you can try to hide it all you want, you clearly post for reaction and that's it because your takes are beyond pessimistic and frankly getting old. Congratulations on my first "ignore", I hope you cheer up one day and realize how painfully miserable you are, best ignore possible and I can sincerely say you can go fuck yourself.

dawinner127 likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree that the Jets aren't at the creative stage of offense yet. They're still in the preschool stage of offense. I also agree about the Jets wanting to ground and pound. We won't have a real offense until the Jets make it a priority and hire a former OC as HC who is progressive and creative, and he in turn hires a young innovative OC. As long as we have a former DC as HC, the Jets will spend most of there money and assets on D, and they'll try to win with D and conservative offense.

That said, I have to disagree with you on the rest. JD most certainly did shore up the OL during the offseason. What do you call T. Smith, M. Moses, and Simpson? If AVT is back in time for the start of the season, the starting 5 should be solid if not very good until Smith goes down with an injury. You do realize that we don't have a single young, good OT on the roster who is capable of starting next season, don't you? That's why we have to draft one this year. Since you hate rookies starting on the OL, it make perfect sense for the Jets to draft a topnotch OT prospect this year, let him learn from Smith and Moses, adjust to the NFL, and yet he'll still get some playing experience this year, so that next year, he should be ready to hit the ground running and play at a higher level than a rookie.

dmw and boozer32 like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, they all have question marks, but did you pay any attention to whom was available in FA? It wasn't dumpster diving!!!! Smith, hands' down was the only real quality LT available in FA. He still was one of the top LTs in the game last season. His problem is staying healthy. That's why we need a quality backup. M. Moses missed 3 games last season. Prior to that, he had only missed 1 game in his career, and that was when he was with the Jets. Otherwise, he's played and started every game of his career. Simpson was a major disappointment in SF, but was very good with Baltimore last season. He seems to be an ascending player. We'll see if he was good, because he has learned and developed, or if it was because he was playing with a better surrounding cast on the OL and had better coaching and a better OC than he'll have here. With the question surrounding Simpson and AVT's health, that's why the Jets need to draft an IOL in the 4th round to upgrade the depth. FA signings are just stop gaps, temporary fixes to the OL. The only way one gets long term fixes on the OL is to draft them.

11. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Strong hands, good body control and can play inside/out. People refer to him as a Devante Adams type but I see him more as Anquan Boldin type. Reliable, tough and is a dog.

chandler, All Gas No Shake and LAJet like this.
  12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I sure hope you are right. I just thought the offseason signings were bargain basement shopping. Then again maybe they went after better talent. They just didn't want to play for the Jets.

13. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

i see deandre hopkins but ill take either!

chandler likes this.
  14. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

I know nothing about him other than draft hype. Has he played well in the cold/bad conditions?

edit: forgot to say thanks to you and ROckinz for the info

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Smith was the best talent available. And if he remains healthy is still top of the line. The issue for us is clearly depth and youth. We desperately need to shore up the T position for the future.

16. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

the college regular season ends in late November so very rarely do any of them play in those kind of adverse conditions

but to answer your question, I haven’t see odunze play in those elements

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

18. NOVAJET

I thought there was a small chance but Schrager is plugged in, especially with the Jets and drafts as seen above. I don't love it and hope it depends on who is left but if we end up with Bowers I will root for him.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

you are definitely right about that.. how could you forget it was the achilles

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Don't overthink it. Brock Bowers is an excellent football player and a good person. If he's there at 10, just draft him and kick your feet up.

AtlantaJet, dawinner127 and REVISion like this.