2024 Draft bold player predictions

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NJJets, Apr 1, 2024.

1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

At the risk of sounding to macho, I wouldn't want a QB that ran straight to his mother to cry in her arms as soon as the final gun blew. I think close families are an asset for a player, but this is just a little to fragile to lead my NFL team. A leader has to set an example of strength. Cry in your mothers arms in private, after the final locker room speech. No way I'd spend the 1st overall on him.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

god yeah that is brutal they all freaked out about his pro day

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Crying after a loss nothing man in comparison. The guy literally paints his nails pink and wears lip gloss lol. That’s really gonna turn you off

4. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Agreed on Latham, I think it’s gonna be Alt, Fashanu, and Latham as the 3 standouts. It’s funny though because I disagree with almost everything else. One of us will have good bragging rights years from now :D

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

That is just personal style though. It wouldn't bother me if he is a good leader. The NFL is a tough game and an NFL QB needs to be the leader of tough men. Someone who sets the tone and inspires their teammates with confidence when they go into battle.

To me this situation is a red flag. I'm not saying Williams wont succeed, but I wouldn't use the most valuable pick in the draft on him.

6. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

That's too many for me to comment on but I will select a few...

Caleb = BUST! This guy will be out of the league in less than his rookie contract. Caleb = Bo Callahan!
    Bowers = On a TE clueless team such as the Jets, he too will be out of the league by the end of his rookie contract. He lands someplace like Atlanta or Kansas City and he has the skills to be a perennial pro bowler. Face it, some teams just know how to use a TE, the Jets and those like them, are not the right fit.
    Penix = Penix's "super power?" Elevating the team around him. He did it at Indiana and Washington, and it's a very rare trait. He will 100% have to learn to play with traffic in the pocket. That and he will have to stay healthy. But damn, if Frank Gore can go through that many injuries in college and come out the other end a possible HoF'er then Penix can at least be a playah.
    Daniels = Daniels is just pure stud QB. He gets into the right situation, NEITHER of the top 3 picking in this draft, and he'll go on to have a great career.

Toss up between Penix and Daniels as to who turns out to be the best QB in the 2024 draft.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I guess that you wouldn't have liked Dick Vermeil as HC, either, since he cried at the drop of a hat.

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Its not a question of crying. I cry over sad things, and some players cry when they lose. Its a question of immediately running for mommy when things get tough. This calls into question the mental toughness of the player and seriously questions whether he is the right player to lead men into battle.

To me, in my personal experience, its a red flag for an NFL QB.

9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

deleted comment

#29 IDFjet, Apr 2, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You could be right. I didn't see the incident, so I can't speak about it one way or another.