Jets trading for Haason Reddick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Mar 29, 2024.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Good fuckin get. I love his game. He plays with passion and he’s bad ass out there.

2. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I was hearing a lot about the Jets in hot pursuit of Clowney before he signed with Carolina. I much prefer Reddick over Clowney, so this is great.

Do I prefer Reddick over Huff, probably not...unless it saves an awful lot of cap space.

3. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Wow on earth is anyone upset with this trade.

Reddick is a baller

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

None of them have a contract past this year other than John Simpson (woo-hoo?).

Let’s see what they do at 10. I’d like to see sustained success not a short term drug rush that’s bad for the organization long term.

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I, too, would make it personal if I knew the answer to the posed question wouldn’t work out in my favor.

And who knows what the chances are. Why trade for anyone if a top criticism is “well how many years are we gonna get out of him?”

Win now mode. This is what you do. You operate as if you have a year or two to win. Means a lot to keyboard GMs, nothing to actual GMs.

6. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Not a bad move, fills a need, nobody wanted to see that stuff Lawson, bottom line, we are in a win now situation.

7. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

I love the trade! That is a great move!

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You need a guy like Reddick when you face Josh Allen twice a year. He will spy Allen and rush him right in his face

9. BroadwayAaron

Nice luxury when you already have a dude in Jermaine Johnson who has shown he can chase down Allen too.

blackssmagic and NOVAJET like this.
  10. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

What if Philly was willing to go into an all out bidding war for Huff. You can't look at his contract and think the Jets would have got him for similar. I know this move is frustrating of you think the Jets could have gotten Huff for similar amount. However given that Huff is gone this is a great move if you are trying to make a SB run in 2024! Btw it says nothing about what they think about McDonald except that there is no guarantee of what he will be in 2024, and they want to keep a fresh rotation capable of producing pressure at all times. They are backing on being ahead a lot and facing a loaner number of passing downs on defense.

Mr mittens, NCJetsfan and Nyjets4eva like this.
  11. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Agreed.

I feel I've been fairer then most here, at least as somebody who is actually willing to point the primary blame finger at Rodgers when it's been warranted, in regards to how well of a job Joe has done while having to GM out of a very dysfunctional environment these last 2 offseasons.

Ain't no Aaron fingerprints on this one.

WTF indeed.

SOJAZ likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

What’s personal about it? You love all these big name acquisitions in the offseason and it very rarely works out for the Jets.

You celebrated Bell the same as you are Reddick. So tell me, you obviously see a stark difference in how Reddick will work out versus Bell, yes?

Win now mode with a team of mercenaries = disaster for the future. Let’s see how it plays out, Bob.

wewantsapp likes this.
  13. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Let us not forget the Reddick is a Jersey boy. Everything else aside, it's always a little more fun when there are local guys on the team. Doesn't mean much if they suck, but it's a fun little perk to rooting for them to succeed.

14. BroadwayAaron

I can’t take any conversation seriously if you’re going to pretend there is absolutely no difference between a guy who has been elite the last half decade and a guy that was out of football for a year. There’s no good point to be made if that’s the crux of your argument.

Davis and Johnson were at least active football players before we got them. Neither were elite. Barely top tier. Corey Davis also was not a “big name signing” be any means. I liked that signing, never once proclaimed he was a game changer or elite.

15. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

This is called Joe Douglas's "WTF do I care? If we don't go to the Super Bowl this year, I'm fired anyway and someone else can worry about that missing third round pick two years from now!!!" move. Dumb trade.

wewantsapp likes this.
  16. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

I will miss Huff but this makes up for it but it is funny that Jets and Eagles switched players

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

This is how a lot of teams operate when they have a two year window.

18. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Not liking this move is a bizarre take. We haven’t been to the playoffs since the fucking Obama administration and I’m supposed to be worried about team building for 2026?? it’s time to win NOW.

JetFanInNE, SOJAZ and Nyjets4eva like this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

The crux of my argument is that most of the off-season signings or trades hailed as these great moves end up being for players that weren’t worth it or perhaps are on the down slope of their career and securing the bag.

We are expecting a loooot of 30+ year olds to perform at a high level next year.

Let’s see if it works out for them, cotton.

20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I totally understand everybody's skepticism, but this dude is a total baller. Unless he shows signs of aging, this is a really good pickup.

JetFanInNE and Nyjets4eva like this.