Vegas has the 2024 Jets at 9.5 Wins - What say you?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Kronoking, Mar 28, 2024.

?

How many games to the Jets win in 2024?

1. 10 or more

55.3%
  2. 9 or less

44.7%
  1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

That half a game extra convinced me >>10 wins at the very least guys.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

A terribly run organization with a soon-to-be 41 year old QB coming off an Achilles tear and an ayahuasca trip? I gotta take the under.

JetsNation06 and boozer32 like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think it all depends upon the LT position and how much Huff is missed. If Smith can give the Jets at least 14 games and McDonald can replace Huff's pressures and sacks, then the Jets could win 9-10 games, but still miss the playoffs if they don't have a competent backup.

If Smith is only able to play 10 or fewer games, and Warren is the backup or an injured Bakhtiari was the backup, but had to be replaced by Warren, and if McDonald can't come close to replicating the pass rush that Huff gave, then the Jets may not even win 7 games. How ironic would it be that Smith stays healthy, plays 16 games, the Jets get competent play out of their backup for the one game that Smith missed but because they can't generate the pressure that Huff supplied, the D takes a big step backwards and the Jets only win 8-9 games and miss the playoffs.

4. egbert souse

egbert souse Member

It’s the Jets. I’d take the under.

5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

They'll end up with significantly less. The only thing the Jets are good at is coming in well below even the most modest of expectations.

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Taking the UNDER? Jesus Christ we won 7 games last season with Tim Boyle throwing the rock to Lazard while being protected by Becton.

Under??? Really?

94Abraham, NOVAJET and AtlantaJet like this.
  7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

How do you get 9.5 wins?

Footballgod214 likes this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

9-7-1

westiedog1 and boozer32 like this.
  9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

With Saleh I'm thinking 6 wins. Thanks for the clarification on the 9.5.
    We need a better option than Lazard for sure. He is highly overpaid also.

10. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Call me optimistic I’m going over and long shot odds of winning the division really I think we just as much chance as the Bills we lost some key defensive guys and WR. And the dolphins are right on par with us. Yes everything has to go right and health as well. But like our chances and I think even more so after the Draft. I think JD has some tricks up his sleeve

11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

If Rodgers stays healthy, I'd take the over. Our opponents this year are mediocre AF besides the Dolphins and Bills.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

BradysTornACL and ouchy like this.
  12. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

The last time the Jets went over 9.5 wins was nine years ago, when they won 10 (Fitzmagic). Before that it was 2010.

I’m going with the under.

13. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Hmmm...there are 2 lines here. WR or WOR. Can you guess? LOLo_O

W/AR

For the first time in I don't know how long this team should SWEEP the Patriots. Which has them coming out of the division 4-2 (splitting with the Bills and Fins). As far as the rest the Jets play the:

Colts - W
    Broncos - W
    Rams - L
    Texans - W
    Seahawks - L
    Steelers - L
    Jaguars - W
    Titans - W
    Vikings - W
    Cardinals - L
    49'ers - L

That rolls out to a 10 - 7 record and borderline PO team

WO-AR

Still see the team SWEEPING the Patriots (they are going to be HORRIBLE). Which has them coming out of the division 3-3 (The Bills SWEEP). As far as the rest the Jets play the:

Colts - L
    Broncos - W
    Rams - L
    Texans - L
    Seahawks - L
    Steelers - L
    Jaguars - L
    Titans - W
    Vikings - W
    Cardinals - L
    49'ers - L

That rolls out to a 6 - 11 record and the playoff drought continues. That 6 could be generous. If Darnold plays to his ability then the Vikings will be good. If Will Levis, in Tenn, continues to improve then they may not be a win as well. The result is the entire coaching staff is gone, Rodgers is gone and the rebuilding starts all over...again. The one thing I'm not too sure about is, will JD go with the coaching staff. Outside the complete shitting of the bed on O-Line he hasn't done all that bad, taking into consideration comparisons to previous Jets GM's. I just get this feeling that Johnson has a different view of JD than do the fans. Who knows....

#33 mezzavo, Mar 30, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
  14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

This is a 10-12 win roster, maybe more depending on how healthy they all stay

15. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

The fundamental problem that always comes with this type of shallow assumption math is that pretty much every bubble team on the outside looking in at that 2023 picture finds themselves singing a similar claim tune every year. Denver and Vegas won 8 games despite massive drama and instability of their own at QB. Cincy won 9 games without a healthy Joe Burrow. Indy won 9 games despite their new genetic freak QB going down at the start of the season. Jacksonville thinks this should be the year Trevor takes another step forward towards living up to his expectations. Tennessee won 6 games last year and expects to be better in Levis' year 2 with a better overall supporting cast around him.

The reality of the situation is not all of those teams, which includes us, are going to put up better records simply because they feel they are an improved team from last year. And if you are gonna be real with the projections here, which 95% of this fanbase/hypetrain isn't with the advanced age factor in play on Rodgers, ....the Jets current foundation of hope is probably built on a more comparatively shaky foundation then most of those other teams.

ColoradoContrails and twown like this.
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

None of those teams will have as big an upgrade from the 32nd ranked QB play to Aaron Rodgers :)

NOVAJET likes this.
  17. Kronoking

Again, you can't look at this from a bubble that just ignores the fact that Aaron Rodgers isn't going to work out the way people want him next year year simply because Jets fan are thirsty for better QB play.

Rodgers is a 41 year old QB coming off an ACL tear and 2 years removed from a decline year. Who is likely trotting out there in 2024 with zero competent coaching support, and as an even less mobile version of himself behind a worse line then he last left in Green Bay. In the grander scheme of reality the bet we are making there really isn't all that much different then the underdog bet people wanted to cling on to early last year that Rodgers was coming back to play latter in 2023. The odds of success here are against him now as they were then.

You really think the odds of Rodgers beating a father time that has basically conquered every all time great save Brady at such an advanced age is that much better then a probability that one of Trevor or Levis takes a step forward as still young and looking up at their career QB next year? Are they better then a healthy Joe Burrow playing better then he did in 2023? Do you like them better then possibility Richardson provides a notable upgrade to Minshew?

People's brains need to heal on this idea that Brady playing to 45 was anything but a complete outlier. From a guy who also had one of the most impressive commitment levels to the game ever. Probability odds matter in this equation man.

#37 Kronoking, Mar 30, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
  18. dawinner127

Are you ncjetsfans alt account? Not sure who uses more bandwidth on their posts. Jesus christ.

If he is healthy our QB play goes from 32nd to at worst average. That's a better increase than every other single team you mentioned. There is no debate to be had.

94Abraham likes this.
  19. Kronoking

I could say Trevor Lawrence's raw ability could take a step forward and compete for a league MVP this year, and which would arguably be a more meaningful jump then Rodgers just managing to stay an average NFL QB at age 41. Same with Burrow too for that matter.

Again, how likely any of this is to actually happen matters there man.

Rodgers could stay healthy and there is still a better probability chance then not imo that he doesn't, at age 41, end up being league average on this team.

20. dawinner127

Peyton Manning won the damn superbowl by being below average and letting the roster carry him. We can just agree to disagree, but ignoring the increase from league worst to mediocre at the most important position is just silly. Enjoy your day.